2015 NAB Challenge - Melbourne v Essendon, Docklands, 5.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time we played finals was 2006.

The last time we had more than 4 wins was 2011.

We've had 186, we've had 141, we've had the Norf game, Jim dying, Bails dying, the Rev dying, the tanking fiasco, the $cully saga, the Clark debacle, EnergyWatch, Schwab, and that's just the start.

I just don't have the energy for it anymore. Not for another season right at the bottom, getting stomped week-in, week-out. A loss tonight is downright heartbreaking...it ruins any hope I realistically had for 2015.

Let your voice be heard. Ring the club and complain to whoever answers, whether they deserve it or not. Post on social media. Scream and yell at the players coming off the field. The club needs a kick up the arse with ironclads on, and it needs it to be public. You should not still be in this position. It's s**t for Melbourne supporters, and s**t for the competition at large.

No offence, but half your players disgraced the guernsey again tonight. Other than Jones, Dawes and maybe one or two others, it was only the new blokes who put in a proper performance.

Let your voice be heard. Ring the club and complain to whoever answers, whether they deserve it or not. Post on social media. Scream and yell at the players coming off the field. The club needs a kick up the arse with ironclads on, and it needs it to be public. You should not still be in this position. It's s**t for Melbourne supporters, and s**t for the competition at large.

No offence, but half your players disgraced the guernsey again tonight. Other than Jones, Dawes and maybe one or two others, it was only the new blokes who put in a proper performance.

You know what happened the last time we did that?

We were ridiculed in the media for abusing the players as they walked off the ground.

That was against Essendon in 2013. "Noone likes to see that".

We have an AFL-appointed CEO, AFL-appointed board, AFL-appointed premiership coach. You know what we can't ******* find? 22 players prepared to turn up and ******* deliver.

Spot on. I know you were having a cheaky whack :p but your right. Really you can empathize cause in 12 years your club has not done much either :)

Slightly more credits in the bank that 30 years, actually a s**t load more. 4 premierships worth.

Agree with this but just a word of advice. Dont deliver bird s**t to your clubs front door, its not a good look :p

We were ridiculed in the media for abusing the players as they walked off the ground.

We have an AFL-appointed CEO, AFL-appointed board, AFL-appointed premiership coach. You know what we can't ******* find? 22 players prepared to turn up and ******* deliver.

If tonight's performance turns out to be indicative of the season proper's performances, then sorry, but it needs to happen again. As horrible as it is the players and coaches SHOULD be shamed. They should feel embarrassed. Then they should feel angry. And then they should remove the inanimate carbon rod from their arses. Other than protest and protest loudly, I don't think there is anything that you as a supporter can do. Let them know you love the club, but that they aren't doing nearly enough that deserves that love. Go to the games, wave the flag, but don't be shy of telling it how it is.

Spot on. I know you were having a cheaky whack :p but your right. Really you can empathize cause in 12 years your club has not done much either :)
yeah i can empathize totally. we cant beat these guys with our real team but beat them with a bunch of top ups? whats up with that? it must be hard for melbourne supporters right now but really they have recruited some good players like harry obrien and garlet so they should be okay really i guess. i don't know. just hang in there:thumbsu:

Relax mate. It was a practise game. You were ok in the other ones. As a young side your form is going to fluctuate all year. Some weeks you'll be ok, others you'll stink, like tonight. Skills are always at their worst this time of the year, right throughout the comp. Jones would never shank a kick during the real stuff like he did late.

Remember last year you started poorly, you were posting the same sort of stuff then they beat Carlton and you saw some blue sky ahead.

You guys will improve this year. Already showing an ability to score more frequently. Grimes and Howe will add more composure down back. Still leaking goals far too easily though.

The Dees will be alright. I don't think they'll ever make the 8, but I think they'll lift away from the bottom.
Apart from the new franchise sides, it will be hard for the bottom 4 sides from last year to ever make the finals.
The modern AFL environment just doesn't cater for that type of improvement, not when the top sides are improving through free agency.

i assume nothing. I will wait till after its decided. if like you say, they are all innocent then I will look forward to playing your full list. I will clarify what i meant by my post before. These two years, I have watched Essendon games thinking, who among that 22 cheated...tonight was the first night I could actually barrack.

Hope that makes sense

The aforementioned bolded statement still seems to imply that you're assuming some of our players cheated. But you know what, it doesn't matter. We get that - we're used to it. Tonight isn't about the previous twenty-four months. I'm extremely proud of the way that we performed tonight against a near full-strength Melbourne outfit. It shows heart and resilience that we got the result and we let our football do the talking. Best of luck for the season, my friend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i assume nothing. I will wait till after its decided. if like you say, they are all innocent then I will look forward to playing your full list. I will clarify what i meant by my post before. These two years, I have watched Essendon games thinking, who among that 22 cheated...tonight was the first night I could actually barrack.

Hope that makes sense
not really. you managed to contradict yourself in the same post. f**kin hard to do, but there you go.

We've had 186, we've had 141, we've had the Norf game, Jim dying, Bails dying, the Rev dying, the tanking fiasco, the $cully saga, the Clark debacle, EnergyWatch, Schwab, and that's just the start.

I just don't have the energy for it anymore. Not for another season right at the bottom, getting stomped week-in, week-out. A loss tonight is downright heartbreaking...it ruins any hope I realistically had for 2015.
I assume you mean Robbie flower? I thought I had went mad and not heard The Rev passing away.

The aforementioned bolded statement still seems to imply that you're assuming some of our players cheated. But you know what, it doesn't matter. We get that - we're used to it. Tonight isn't about the previous twenty-four months. I'm extremely proud of the way that we performed tonight against a near full-strength Melbourne outfit. It shows heart and resilience that we got the result and we let our football do the talking. Best of luck for the season, my friend!

Good post.

I can respect that mate. Good luck to you and your side as well mate :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I assume you mean Robbie flower? I thought I had went mad and not heard The Rev passing away.

The Rev is dying. Robbie too.

That's all this club has been about over the last five years. Death, both on- and off-field.

Mate I hear you, **** me. We have had our fair share of crisis, hell 30 years of s**t with only flashes of good footy. Im 42,so have never experienced the old powerful richmond as adult. So i mean it when i say I hear ya. Just hang in there, it will turn. Bank on it.

If you were born in 71 Tiger wouldn't that make you 43 ;)

Been there, done that. How many times can you abuse the receptionist at the club before it just starts to feel like you're screaming at a brick wall?

Can only echo Tiger71, hang in there Dees fans, it will turn. Who knows if they were trying out new structures etc.

EFC are entitled to crow though, after being the butt of every joke for the last 2 years, there'll be a lot of pent-up frustration! Good win.

Our players/supporters don't even celebrate regular season wins like that.
Good for you. Why do you care so much?

It's a meaningless practice game but why shouldn't the players (most of whom aren't going to be best 22 if the '34' aren't suspended) be happy? Nor the supporters, given no one gave Essendon much chance? At the moment, given what's going on, you take anything good that you can get.

Chin up, Striker. It's pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back