Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
nabchallenege.png

eaglesvdockersnab4.png

Broadcast:
foxfooty.png
watchafl.png

Match Ccentre: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/nab-challenge/2015/1/wce-v-fre
Weather: Cloudy, 24 degrees

West Coast Eagles

• 1 Mitchell Brown
  • 2 Mark LeCras
  • 3 Andrew Gaff
  • 4 Domi Sheed
  • 5 Brad Sheppard
  • 6 Elliot Yeo
  • 7 Chris Masten
  • 9 Nic Naitanui
  • 10 Scott Selwood
  • 11 Matt Priddis
  • 12 Sharrod Wellingham
  • 13 Luke Shuey
  • 15 Jamie Cripps
  • 17 Josh J. Kennedy
  • 20 Jeremy McGovern
  • 24 Matt Rosa
  • 25 Shannon Hurn
  • 26 Samuel Butler
  • 28 Tom Lamb
  • 29 Scott Lycett
  • 30 Jackson Nelson
  • 32 Simon Tunbridge
  • 33 Josh Hill
  • 35 Patrick McGinnity
  • 36 Fraser McInnes
  • 44 Jamie Bennell
  • 47 Kane Lucas
Fremantle
  • 5 Garrick Ibbotson
  • 6 Danyle Pearce
  • 7 Nat Fyfe
  • 8 Nick Suban
  • 9 Matt de Boer
  • 10 Michael Walters
  • 11 Tommy Sheridan
  • 12 Jonathon Griffin
  • 16 David Mundy
  • 17 Hayden Crozier
  • 18 Luke McPharlin
  • 19 Connor Blakely
  • 22 Tanner Smith
  • 23 Chris Mayne
  • 24 Max Duffy
  • 27 Lachie Neale
  • 28 Brady Grey
  • 29 Matthew Pavlich
  • 30 Zac Clarke
  • 31 Aaron Sandilands
  • 32 Stephen Hill
  • 33 Cameron Sutcliffe
  • 34 Lee Spurr
  • 36 Alex Silvagni
  • 37 Michael Johnson
  • 38 Jack Hannath
  • 46 Clancee Pearce

Alex Silvagni has been withdrawn, its rumoured he did a hammy at Training the other day.
He will be replaced by Alex Pearce who is a likely type. Tall athletic and very mobile for his size.

He doesnt have much luck does he ?

This will be a test for the Eagles imo. Should show us where they are at. Still think Dockers will win

He doesnt have much luck does he ?

This will be a test for the Eagles imo. Should show us where they are at. Still think Dockers will win
Its really unfortunate when someone like Silvagni who does everything right while waiting for his chance continually gets injured when he gets a go at it, particularly when he's shown that he is more than handy at the level.

Last year when we lost McPharlin,Johnson and Ibbotson going into finals he came in and played really well but went down again leaving our back-line decimated. He could really have cemented a spot with a good finals series.

As for today, I think The Eagles will be taking it more seriously, WC need the win more for early season momentum whereas I think Lyon won't be thinking about much more than Rd 1. Thats not arrogance, just an honest assessment of where the 2 teams are at right now. Eagles don't like missing finals and will want to show intent today.

I'm expecting it to go how most preseason derbies have recently. Freo will use it to try out new kids, new positions, and game plays. West Coast will go into it like it's a premiership. We'll lose, and WCE fans will lord it over us until they get thumped in the actual season.

Our backline is going to be stretched - Brown and McGovern only real tall defenders. Freo with Griffin, Clarke, Sandi and Hannath - to go along with Pavlich and Mayne. Most of my interest in the game will be watching how our backs set up and handle freo's talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline is going to be stretched - Brown and McGovern only real tall defenders. Freo with Griffin, Clarke, Sandi and Hannath - to go along with Pavlich and Mayne. Most of my interest in the game will be watching how our backs set up and handle freo's talls.
Isnt Brown out as well. If Freo forwards do not smash us they have a problem

I don't give a s**t or a flying f**k what so ever who wins this gams.

I am going to the game and my interest will be in watching how the new kids on each team perform.

And if I see a stretcher come on the ground or a serious injury for either side I will be mightily pissed off.

Remember how they were carrying on after that meaningless game at Joondalup last pre season :$

And yet we still won the same number of finals in 2014 as you. :$

Interesting to see how many from the WC camp are so fired up over a praccy game.

Looking forward to seeing how Pearce goes, bit of a mercurial type in the MJ mould.

It's been a long off-season, both camps are taking the chance to hang s**t on the other.

Everyone knows pre-season results are meaningless. I'd rather see no injuries (for both sides) as echoed by some in this thread.

And yet we still won the same number of finals in 2014 as you. :$

It's been a long off-season, both camps are taking the chance to hang s**t on the other.

Everyone knows pre-season results are meaningless. I'd rather see no injuries (for both sides) as echoed by some in this thread.

I'm looking forward to the diatribe that will be directed at whoever plays worse out of Blakely and Lamb. Pity Weller and Duggan aren't playing.

I'm expecting it to go how most preseason derbies have recently. Freo will use it to try out new kids, new positions, and game plays. West Coast will go into it like it's a premiership. We'll lose, and WCE fans will lord it over us until they get thumped in the actual season.

May be true, but at the end of the day you'll still be supporting a team who has achieved nothing in 19 years. And that makes me happy. :)

Its really unfortunate when someone like Silvagni who does everything right while waiting for his chance continually gets injured when he gets a go at it, particularly when he's shown that he is more than handy at the level.

Last year when we lost McPharlin,Johnson and Ibbotson going into finals he came in and played really well but went down again leaving our back-line decimated. He could really have cemented a spot with a good finals series.

As for today, I think The Eagles will be taking it more seriously, WC need the win more for early season momentum whereas I think Lyon won't be thinking about much more than Rd 1. Thats not arrogance, just an honest assessment of where the 2 teams are at right now. Eagles don't like missing finals and will want to show intent today.

Talk from the club is we wont be taking to seriously just want to get through unscathed, to many injuries at the moment.
Mitch Brown wont play Schofield and Mckenzie wont play.
Barrass and Powell played yesterday we only have McGovern and McInnes as big guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back