Delisted 27 . Sam Menegola (2016 - 2023)

Was a rookie pick for Hawks and another team I believe....

23 year old....

Go Catters

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Welcome to Sam Menegola....

Spent 2011 on Hawthorn's rookie list before three seasons at Fremantle as a rookie but never played an AFL game. The 188cm midfielder has incredible endurance and was the Dockers' best runner while he was there. Ran a 14.13 beep test at the WA state combine. After he was delisted at the end of 2014 he dominated the WAFL in 2015. Averaged 27 disposals in Subiaco's premiership side and finished third in the Sandover medal despite playing just 12 home and away games.

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 9.18.28 pm.png

Looks a nice kick of the ball on first viewing.

I doubt that Hawks would have drafted him in the first place if he was a crap kick.
HE has a ready made build too.

I doubt that Hawks would have drafted him in the first place if he was a crap kick.
HE has a ready made build too.

He will be good with the endurance cap and could play as a ball winner or tagger.

Worth a look for supercoach.

Excuse my presence, but on Sam, when he was at Freo, he dominated down at Peel.
Great runner, great tank and could get the ball, but his disposal from memory was inadequate

He is a ready to play 23 year old...one look at the vid say his body is mature.... look like he can kick both sides of the body. The only question is day is ...can he push into contention for a game? I see this as the pick that gives us a tad more depth..

I think a lot depends on scooter.if he is injured i can see menegola playing round 1 as a gut running mid,if not he may have to bide his time.

pussygalore

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I think it's a bit unusual that we picked him up.
He is a mature player but I would have preferred Snelling or Parsons who somehow got missed as a Mid options.

meto

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2008
south-east
AFL Club
Geelong
Mature top up and backup, his results 2015 speak for him and he's been there before, I'm a little surprised but Wells must think we lack a strong depth player. For that reason he's a good pick and I'm ok with that.

Back