NFL 2015 NFL - Week 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Been watching a bunch of film of the young brigade of QBs. That includes Andrew Luck.

I honestly think Derek Carr will be better than Luck, have a better career. Mariota and Tannehill both suck, they have little accuracy on the med/deep touch passes. Where they have to throw an arc over the top of a defender.

Luck has been a disappointment as far as I'm concerned. I could be wrong, I obvously don't watch a ton of Indy games and I know their OL is terrible. But he was supposed to be the second coming. He's certainly good not so sure he's great, not yet anyway.

His career stats expose who he really is ... a sub-60 percent turnover machine.

what I am looking forward to with Carr, is him just being confident enough to audible at will and take over the game, he is not there yet, but soon he will

I think the early seeds of that are already starting to flower for him. The games post-Cinci, Carr has really kicked it on from last year. His development is happening at a very rapid pace. Watch, by say week 9-10, how amazing Carr is compared to Carr week 4.

he kind of "came of age" in that Ravens game. Obviously like a toddler still teetering and balancing with the next few steps vs Browns and Bears....but it wont be long before that baby is strutting confidently.

I think the early seeds of that are already starting to flower for him. The games post-Cinci, Carr has really kicked it on from last year. His development is happening at a very rapid pace. Watch, by say week 9-10, how amazing Carr is compared to Carr week 4.

he kind of "came of age" in that Ravens game. Obviously like a toddler still teetering and balancing with the next few steps vs Browns and Bears....but it wont be long before that baby is strutting confidently.

Kyle Shanahan will be a HC next season.

Bill O'Brien on the hot seat in Houston?? Hmm. Maybe not. Just need a QB. Mind you, the Texans D is terrible under his tenure.

Disagree, he is a very very good offensive coach who finally has a team with a legit QB.

I don't think HC aspirations are quite on his mind yet because he does not seem to possess that leadership aura that so many HCs need when joining bottom teams.

He will get there, but he is only 35 and has plenty of time to develop into a genuine leader.

Disagree, he is a very very good offensive coach who finally has a team with a legit QB.

I don't think HC aspirations are quite on his mind yet because he does not seem to possess that leadership aura that so many HCs need when joining bottom teams.

He will get there, but he is only 35 and has plenty of time to develop into a genuine leader.
Excellent points.
However, with the Falcons going say 14-2, as they're projected....you know teams in the off-season will be throwing HC job interviews at him. Will be hard to refuse.

Excellent points.
However, with the Falcons going say 14-2, as they're projected....you know teams in the off-season will be throwing HC job interviews at him. Will be hard to refuse.

Perhaps Jimmy Haslam can put together a power point presentation to lure him back to Cleveland. :D

(like I could resist)

It's quite feasible. Especially when Haslam deduces that the Browns have a solid D, and need to upgrade their offense. What better than an offensive wunderkind?

I have a good sense of Jimmy Haslam from people who deal with him and the organization. Therefore, I can say the following with 100% accuracy---

1) Jimmy Haslam would sooner walk over hot coals than swallow his pride and try to get Shanny back.

2) Shanny would sooner eat hot coals than go back to our circus show.

;)

I have a good sense of Jimmy Haslam from people who deal with him and the organization. Therefore, I can say the following with 100% accuracy---

1) Jimmy Haslam would sooner walk over hot coals than swallow his pride and try to get Shanny back.

2) Shanny would sooner eat hot coals than go back to our circus show.

;)
In all seriousness, just gather up all the teams right now with HC's on the hot seat, and you could probably find a choice destination that Kyle might say yes to. Like if Pagano got axed, HC'ing the Colts would be a good destination for him to say yes to.

In all seriousness, just gather up all the teams right now with HC's on the hot seat, and you could probably find a choice destination that Kyle might say yes to. Like if Pagano got axed, HC'ing the Colts would be a good destination for him to say yes to.

Agreed--he will have the pick of the litter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RAIDERS VS. BRONCOS

LINE

Broncos by 5

MATCHUP TO WATCH

The Raiders offensive line against Denver’s pass rush. The Broncos lead the NFL with 18 sacks through four games, including an NFL-leading 4.5 from DeMarcus Ware. The Raiders have allowed only five sacks, tied for fourth fewest in the league, and 15 hits, tied for the fewest in the league. Per Pro Football Focus, QB Derek Carr has been pressured on just 22 percent of his drop backs, best in the league. It’s a strength against strength matchup and one the Raiders need to win to be able to outscore the Broncos.

STAT TO LIVE BY

The Raiders are averaging the best starting field position in the AFC of the 23.3-yard line and are second in the AFC in opponent’s starting field position at the 19.2-yard line. … The Broncos rank at or near the bottom in nearly every offensive category in the AFC — total yards (16th out of 16), yards per play (16th), rushing yards per game (15th), rushing yards per attempt (16th), passing yards per game (16th), passing yards per play (14th), interception percentage (13th), sacks per pass play (10th), first downs (tied for 12th) and third-down efficiency (11th). By contrast, they lead the AFC defensively in total yards, yards per play, passing yards per game and per play and third-down efficiency.

BUCKING THE BRONCOS

Denver has won seven straight games against the Raiders, matching their longest winning streak ever against their AFC West rivals. The Broncos are unbeaten against Oakland since Peyton Manning joined the team in 2012. The Raiders’ last win came in the season opener in 2011 with Jason Campbell at quarterback for Oakland and Kyle Orton leading the Broncos. Sebastian Janikowski kicked a then-record-tying 63-yard field goal. Beyond Denver’s seven straight wins against the Raiders, it also has won 13 straight divisional road games, setting an NFL mark.

SEABASS TO PASS BROWN

Janikowski will set the Raiders’ franchise record for games played on Sunday when he steps on the field for his 241st game with the Raiders, breaking the tie with Hall of Fame receiver Tim Brown. The former first round pick in 2000 is the Raiders’ all-time leading scorer with 1,605 points and is four field goals shy of matching Jason Hanson’s record of 52 field goals of 50-plus yards, a mark he said he’d like to reach this season. He also figures he could have six, seven, maybe eight more years in the NFL. “I’m just a kicker,” Janikowski cracked.

Ive used this before for with GG (Richardson could be Marshawn Lynch at the Raiders) but i believe this is the Seinfeld clip you were looking for, AC.. ;)

Carr>Luck :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Janikowski will set the Raiders’ franchise record for games played on Sunday when he steps on the field for his 241st game with the Raiders, breaking the tie with Hall of Fame receiver Tim Brown. The former first round pick in 2000 is the Raiders’ all-time leading scorer with 1,605 points and is four field goals shy of matching Jason Hanson’s record of 52 field goals of 50-plus yards, a mark he said he’d like to reach this season. He also figures he could have six, seven, maybe eight more years in the NFL. “I’m just a kicker,” Janikowski cracked.

This always brings a smile to my face. :drunk:

Still, he was a better pick than Heyward Bey i suppose. :rainbow::)

This is GG's Super Bowl!
Perfect timing too with LicoriceAllsorts suspended from BF and Blacky traipsing across the USA. I can talk my team up without response....and I don't have to see a billion gifs and photoshopped photos relating to Peyton or the Broncos.

At least he's still in the league, and contributing. Are ANY of the Panthers draftees even still in the league from the 2009 draft?
A number of colossal busts from that first round as well.

1) We didn't draft until pick 43, hardly like taking a scrub with pick 7 is it? Maclin, hell, even Harvin were still on the board as 'speed receivers' at your pick, which is what DHB was supposed to be, yes?
2) Yes, Panthers seventh round pick Captain Munnerlyn is still in the league.

It was a putrid draft class though, G, ill give you that.

Last edited:
Perfect timing too with LicoriceAllsorts suspended from BF and Blacky traipsing across the USA. I can talk my team up without response....and I don't have to see a billion gifs and photoshopped photos relating to Peyton or the Broncos.

If the the Raiders actually win though gloating just won't be as fun.

When does LA come off his time on the sidelines? He must have been a bad boy, heading towards a two week suspension now.

If the the Raiders actually win though gloating just won't be as fun.

When does LA come off his time on the sidelines? He must have been a bad boy, heading towards a two week suspension now.

WHEN the Raiders win, the gloating will never stop.

Five infraction points = 1 week suspension. He should be off that suspension soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back