Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Well, another season has come to an end and summer is upon us. (Or for those of you back home, winter has descended).

There's no hockey for a few months, but always something going on. The draft is coming up on June 26-27 and then free agency opens on July 1.

8 teams expressing interest in Patrick Sharp.

The only surprise there is that there aren't more teams enquiring about his services. He'll be a great addition to either an established side or a young side looking for a veteran.

I'm sure the cap hit has some teams uninterested.

There probably are, but keep in mind he would have a list of only 10 teams he would accept being traded to. Washington makes the most sense.

Last edited:
So it's going to be 3 on 3 next year in OT. That will be fun to watch.

The prospect of Kane-Teravainen-Keith being out there is giving me a semi.

black hawks might lose a host of players apparently

anyone know when they usually release the schedule for next season. i'm heading to anaheim in november keen to go to a ducks game

We will, but when you see, who it's not the end of the world. Sharp & Bickell will be traded. Oduya and Vermette will go get paid. Rozival/Rundblad likely to be gone as well.

Schedule comes out on Thursday in the States.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If (and it's a big if) we pick up Kessel, we'll have the option of going three of: Sid, Geno, Kessel, Letang, Maatta. Pretty sick.

You'd literally have the worst 3rd and 4th lines if you guys decided to pick up Kessel.

San Jose are into Kevin Bieska?

Doug Wilson, what a guy :D

Caps have finally got rid of Green, pity Fehr also left. Hopefully we can make a big aquisition, Sharp would be a good fit

Decent 3 or 4
Not a 1 or 2
Bieksa is a loud mouth, all talk, rarely backs it up, especially these days.

he wasn't a decent 5 last season, but that's probably because he spent the season with an AHL defender (Ryan Stanton) and an AIHL defender (Sbisa). He's actually a somewhat alluring target imo. 1 year left on contract. 4.6 million cap hit but actual salary is almost half that. got (dreaded) 'intangibles' like toughness, leadership. can be had cheap because canucks (laughably) need to clear cap space and Bieksa has a NTC. San Jose doesn't really make sense though. Thought NYI would be a smart landing spot if he waived.

Last edited:
I think the Charks' defence has more holes in it and needs improving compared to the Islanders.

Leddy - Boychuk
Hamonic - Hickey
Strait - de Haan
Visnovsky
Reinhart

Irwin - Vlasic
Burns - Hannan (gone?)
Braun - Dillon (RFA)
Mueller
no prospects of note

yeah but SJ are on the way down/"retooling" v NYI on the way up. I don't think a 34yo D on the way down makes much sense for SJ. I guess if they can get him for a real bargain...

James Mirtle retweeted
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Most interesting thing I heard yesterday: Marc Savard contract could be in play w/Arizona trade for No. 3 pick. Coyotes need to take on $$$

4M cap hit, 525K salary this and next season. oh yotes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back