Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I understand that Blondey. It would make stadium deals and also travel for fans an absolute head case.

If that could be worked around the the system itself would be cool though. The bottom 6 teams would be playing for the number one draft pick making it fairly meaningful.

Maybe after round 17 there could be a 2 week break to get all that other stuff sorted. No other byes during the year. Maybe with a state of origin game in there too.

After 17 rounds the top 6 play each other, middle 6 and bottom 6 do the same. This will have to be decided several weeks out from round 17 to cater for stadium availability, travel, etc. Let's say the last 5 rounds get decided after round 12.

Scenario 1 - Team A are struggling at 3-9 after round 12 and are in 16th position. They then win the next 5 to get to 8-9 and now get to play the bottom 4-5 teams in the last few rounds.

Scenario 2 - Team B is in 6th place after 12 rounds with the same win/loss as 7th, 8th and 9th. They now have to play the top 5 teams in the last 5 rounds and face an uphill battle just to make the 8.

This whole suggested system is just as flawed as the current system.
It was my understanding that once in each division of 6 the last 5 rounds decided your position in that group of six. Therefore if you finished in the top 6 you could not drop out. So in essence those finishing 7-12 would be fighting it out for the last 2 positions in the 8. If this is not the case then yes, the system is just as flawed as it is now.

4 Friday night HOME games at Etihad against Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and Richmond. So l don't have to worry about reserved seating...:D.
Anzac Game against Freo in WA
3 Tassie games against GWS, Port Adelaide and West Coast.
Home game against Geelong
home and away games Hawthorn, Sydney, Brisbane, Richmond St Kilda (Rec)
away games against Adelaide, Gold Coast and Western Bulldogs (rec) ,Melbourne(rec),Richmond at the MCG.

Sydney (2), Hawthorn (2), Richmond (2),
Brisbane (2), Carlton (1)(H), Geelong (1)(H), Collingwood (1)(H), Essendon (1)(H),

GWS (1)(T), Port Adelaide(1)(T), West Coast (1)(T),
Adelaide (1)(A), Gold Coast (1)(A), Western Bulldogs (1)(A), Freo (1)(A),Melbourne (1)(A), St Kilda (1)(A)

We play 3 teams in the top 8 twice, 3 tassie games, go to WA once, play 3 recipricol games at Etihad against Western Bulldogs, Melb, and St Kilda. We get an Anzac game against Fremantle with 4 Friday night games against blockbuster teams increasing revenue. We can play a twilight home game on a long weekend also, maybe Hawthorn.

4 Friday night HOME games at Etihad against Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and Richmond. So l don't have to worry about reserved seating...:D.
Anzac Game against Freo in WA
3 Tassie games against GWS, Port Adelaide and West Coast.
Home game against Geelong
home and away games Hawthorn, Sydney, Brisbane, Richmond St Kilda (Rec)
away games against Adelaide, Gold Coast and Western Bulldogs (rec) ,Melbourne(rec),Richmond at the MCG.

Sydney (2), Hawthorn (2), Richmond (2),
Brisbane (2), Carlton (1)(H), Geelong (1)(H), Collingwood (1)(H), Essendon (1)(H),

GWS (1)(T), Port Adelaide(1)(T), West Coast (1)(T),
Adelaide (1)(A), Gold Coast (1)(A), Western Bulldogs (1)(A), Freo (1)(A),Melbourne (1)(A), St Kilda (1)(A)

We play 3 teams in the top 8 twice, 3 tassie games, go to WA once, play 3 recipricol games at Etihad against Western Bulldogs, Melb, and St Kilda. We get an Anzac game against Fremantle with 4 Friday night games against blockbuster teams increasing revenue. We can play a twilight home game on a long weekend also, maybe Hawthorn.

Sounds great in theory but no chance. We would actually make money from this draw and thats not gonna happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. Around 2 weeks away then which is good, not a long wait.

Anyone know if the afl have announced the format of the fixture?
All I've seen is that there's only 4 Thursday night games and they are bringing back the NAB Cup (thank god)

Are we likely to get * in the first Round again.

Should be an interesting game to see who is playing for * in that Rd 1 of 2015..
Would like to see R1 as the inaugural Good Friday game against the Blues, with all of the publicity on the holiday factor and that we've just signed Waite, I reckon that the scheduling computer software can put * on ice for a year :D

No Thursday or Monday night games. Try going to those as a teacher. Lesson plan the next day usually involves students analysing North's game plan.

Game in Tassie on or near a long weekend to give us Vics a chance to get there. I love when interstate games coincide with Queen's Birthday.

As far as I know we'll get a tough draw in 2015 because we finished in the Top 6. I'd like to see a Friday night MCG games against anyone - haven't had one of those in the H&A since 2005 (Hawthorn? Lake and Petrie again?) What I do know is that, after classic finals against * and Geelong this year, we are a very watchable side right now. So expect a tough draw, but in some prime time slots.

Would love another Friday night against the hawks, hopefully at the 'G, since that day in 2012 all our games against them have been exciting!

My ideal double ups in terms of a mix of easiness, entertainment, personal interests and realism:

Hawthorn (friday night mcg do it afl should attract 70,000+)
Port Adelaide (they are owed a home game against us so only way to watch the second-most exciting team live is to play twice)
Richmond (always fun to play our bunnies though our home game might be in hobart grr)
West Coast (opposite of Port, they owe us a home game in Melbourne, Perth NM supporters deserve a second crack at singing the song during the game)
St Kilda (Should be two wins and still carry a significant dislike of this mob which would sweeten potential victories)

As much as I would want to play 5 Victorian teams twice so I could go to as many games as possible it is just not going to happen.

Christ I hope they even up the draw soon. Stupidest thing ever. Everyone plays each other once then have a bye. Peg the remainder of the fixture to ladder positions. They must be close. Should've happened this season under Gil.

So the fixture comes out in under 3 weeks (October 30). What would we like to see? Remember we will get a minimum of 2 double up fixtures and a maximum of 3 double up fixtures vs the top 6 (Hawks, Swans, Geelong, Port, Freo); a minimum of 1 double ups and max of 2 double ups vs the middle 6 (Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Collingwood) and either 1 or no double ups vs the bottom 6 (GWS, St Kilda, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Carlton).

So the fixture comes out in under 3 weeks (October 30). What would we like to see? Remember we will get a minimum of 2 double up fixtures and a maximum of 3 double up fixtures vs the top 6 (Hawks, Swans, Geelong, Port, Freo); a minimum of 1 double ups and max of 2 double ups vs the middle 6 (Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Collingwood) and either 1 or no double ups vs the bottom 6 (GWS, St Kilda, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Carlton).
Combination of what I want and what I think we'll get:
Geelong (2x), Hawthorn or Port (2x), Sydney, Freo (Victoria Fri pm or Hobart pls).
*essendon (2x), West Coast (2x), GC (Tas), Richmond (Tas), Adelaide, Collingwood.
GWS, StK, Melb, WB or Bris (2x), Carlton (Fri pm).

I wonder if the fixture will take into account that * may struggle to field a team by the time ASADA has finished with them...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back