2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statesticles is the silent Greek god of AFL statistics. He is the AFL-loving cousin of Harpocrates, the god of silence. He is incapable of posting in any language, other than the language of statistics. He cannot accept praise, and he cannot defend criticism. I have written this on behalf of him. My name is Syd, and I am his one-time only spokesperson. I won't be posting again. From here on in, Statesticles will post in statistical language only. :D

Statesticles is the silent Greek god of AFL statistics. He is the AFL-loving cousin of Harpocrates, the god of silence. He is incapable of posting in any language, other than the language of statistics. He cannot accept praise, and he cannot defend criticism. I have written this on behalf of him. My name is Syd, and I am his one-time only spokesperson. I won't be posting again. From here on in, Statesticles will post in statistical language only. :D

I'm confused.
rR4YMTv.gif

Arent there more illegal immigrants in the US than the entire population of Australia?

We think we have it bad here. At least they are not tunnelling their way in ...... yet.
Jesus christ, most of us are trying to figure a way to get out!

Another way of looking at the membership thing... Port have each seat in the pink areas available to sell at least 4 times over. For us that only applies to the hill. At capacity they have far more tickets to sell. Each seat is available for as little as $15.90 per game (our hill tickets start at $20.90 per game, some of the other areas would hit $30+ a game).

To grow we will have to focus on areas that seem to be outside of the AFL's audit.

portmembers.jpg

Have Brisbane boys been particularly fit in recent times?
Ummm... I don't have that data with me.... *fumbles paper work*

In all seriousness though, I was meaning if Adelaide and Melbourne had a common interest in employing him in whatever role (not necessarily head fitness guy), I wonder which ex-teammate would be more persuasive with their advances? #jobsforthebird

Heard this tidbit on 5AA: apparently we had 750 tickets unsold across the entire season. 750. Different take on the membership wank.
That's a good point...however there is a far greater number of total seats unused across the season - and that represents a missed opportunity (both for revenue and for atmosphere and support). If we can create a better secondary market for tickets we should make more cash and have a true full house at every match.

Ummm... I don't have that data with me.... *fumbles paper work*

In all seriousness though, I was meaning if Adelaide and Melbourne had a common interest in employing him in whatever role (not necessarily head fitness guy), I wonder which ex-teammate would be more persuasive with their advances? #jobsforthebird
I love the birdman. Just not particularly convinced of his value. Therefore, Goody can have him. :p

I love the birdman. Just not particularly convinced of his value. Therefore, Goody can have him. :p
Fair enough, and it wouldn't appear like he's obtaining amazing results given the Lions recent form.

But maybe he's not been given the best opportunity to show his value with such a jaded bunch of footballers? His take on his time in Brisbane would be an interesting one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good point...however there is a far greater number of total seats unused across the season - and that represents a missed opportunity (both for revenue and for atmosphere and support). If we can create a better secondary market for tickets we should make more cash and have a true full house at every match.
Seat resell a key focus for club. Will be nailed for next year.

Original stylings. Praise.:thumbsu::rainbow:

Arent there more illegal immigrants in the US than the entire population of Australia?

We think we have it bad here. At least they are not tunnelling their way in ...... yet.

Well the US had a history of accepting millions of immigrants from Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries.

The vast majority of current day 'illegal' immigrants work their arses off getting paid a pittance doing hard manual labour that even uneducated low-skilled individuals, who happen to have been born within US borders, shun.

They are more or less thinly disguised modern day slave labour for various American businesses helping their bottom line. And for that they get called criminals and other racist slurs not to mention little legal protection which leaves them exposed to all sorts of abuse.

So compared to the dubious asylum seekers who come by boat and manage to get their claims accepted with a large portion then proceeding to rely on the dole, I’d say the ‘illegals’ do get a rawer deal.

Well the US had a history of accepting millions of immigrants from Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries.

The vast majority of current day 'illegal' immigrants work their arses off getting paid a pittance doing hard manual labour that even uneducated low-skilled individuals, who happen to have been born within US borders, shun.

They are more or less thinly disguised modern day slave labour for various American businesses helping their bottom line. And for that they get called criminals and other racist slurs not to mention little legal protection which leaves them exposed to all sorts of abuse.

So compared to the dubious asylum seekers who come by boat and manage to get their claims accepted with a large portion then proceeding to rely on the dole, I’d say the ‘illegals’ do get a rawer deal.

You are talking hundreds of thousands per year as opposed to dozens though.

If you want to spend a couple of years in a processing centre on Christmas Island or Nauru, feel free to do so.

Anyway, a topic for another forum.

The point is the vast majority of illegals work to put something in their mouths and a roof over their heads. American businesses employ them it's why they stay there in the first place. No dole for them to pay rent, buy food and and sit around all day watching ethnic tv from their native lands living the life.

As far as I'm aware asylum seekers can leave detention whenever they want, to return from where they came from. But they stay for obvious reasons.

You are talking hundreds of thousands per year as opposed to dozens though

Because it's been beneficial for American businesses for decades. (i.e cheap labour with almost no legal rights)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back