2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just sounds awfully like Sydney.

First, they land a big forward, who isn't actually very good at being a forward. He has a really average year and doesn't justify the price.

Second, they land a real forward, which suddenly leaves the first forward in a bit of a no-man's land.

Port have a far different problem: if Ryder moves into the ruck, suddenly Lobbe is superfluous. Or, they play two tall forwards. But, they still don't know if Ryder will get slapped by CAS. Some very tricky list management going on over there. Plus, after getting Polec and Ryder, they'd probably have to give up a first-round pick for Dixon, and that's three years without one... that'll show in the midfield in five years. Maybe.

With Dixon coming into the side I can see Lobbe being offered as trade to try and snare a 2nd rounder. I cant see him wanting to play SANFL

Draft picks are over rated.

If Port land Dixon that is well worth a 1st rounder.

Over paid for Ryder but you'd think that Dixon is an upgrade and he is only young.

They'll have done well.

Dixon turns 25 in about 3 weeks, so I wouldn't really class him as young

He's one of those players who has shown glimpses of talent but for the most part has struggled for any type of consistency at all. Supposedly Brisbane were offering him 600k, he won't get that much at Port, but Port will have a tough job being able to fit him in their cap and will more than likely have to unload Lobbe and let Schulz walk in order to get Dixon.

Last edited:
Is it official re Dixon? Or just the media jumping the shark?

I think Port will trade for Dixon but it wouldn't surprise me if its a 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next season (on the premise of being able to trade future draft picks). I think this year showed they are too reliant on too few in the middle and need to get some talent. Pick 11 should get them a nice Mid.

Watching the Footy Feed on the AFL.com, my god Ross Lyon is a massive flog. Doesn't give 2 shits about anything but himself. If Freo don't win the flag he is short odds to walk out on them.

I think Port will trade for Dixon but it wouldn't surprise me if its a 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next season (on the premise of being able to trade future draft picks). I think this year showed they are too reliant on too few in the middle and need to get some talent. Pick 11 should get them a nice Mid.
Didn't realise Dixon was as old as Walker.

I guess he is an upgrade on shultz still.

Be interesting trade week all the same.

Didn't realise Dixon was as old as Walker.

I guess he is an upgrade on shultz still.

Be interesting trade week all the same.

Caught me by surprise too. The fact he is likely to have 7 to 8 seasons up his sleeve is a bonus. I think its taken him a long time to grow into his body. He is huge. He is at the right age for someone of his height to hit his peak too. I think this makes him very valuable. The only issue is someone of his height is a disadvantage in the hard running of a zone. I cant see him being able to get back in time often enough if the ball escapes the oppositions defensive zone as highlighted by Gold Coasts scoring issues. Schulz has a lot more benefit in his ground coverage due to his running ability.

Caught me by surprise too. The fact he is likely to have 7 to 8 seasons up his sleeve is a bonus. I think its taken him a long time to grow into his body. He is huge. He is at the right age for someone of his height to hit his peak too. I think this makes him very valuable. The only issue is someone of his height is a disadvantage in the hard running of a zone. I cant see him being able to get back in time often enough if the ball escapes the oppositions defensive zone as highlighted by Gold Coasts scoring issues. Schulz has a lot more benefit in his ground coverage due to his running ability.

He's one of those guys that could be anything, but is also a big risk to go through is career living off his potential without actually delivering anything.

My point is, as stated previously, the comp is already inequitable, there's absolutely no need to make it more so. Whatever integrity the game has needs to be kept, not eroded, and allowing this is adding to the farces that already exist.
Well I'm afraid there isn't a single sporting competition in the world with integrity then because no club at any level in any sport goes all in on dead rubbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Footy Feed on the AFL.com, my god Ross Lyon is a massive flog. Doesn't give 2 shits about anything but himself. If Freo don't win the flag he is short odds to walk out on them.

Course he is. It's his MO.

He's not great at developing a list, but he is great at taking an okay list and getting them to play a style of football that will win you plenty of games. This is the year we get to see whether it can win him a GF.

My point is, as stated previously, the comp is already inequitable, there's absolutely no need to make it more so. Whatever integrity the game has needs to be kept, not eroded, and allowing this is adding to the farces that already exist.
We need to change these other inequities before dictating to clubs how they are allowed to manage their teams.
Clubs want to win flags. Create integrity around that premise.

So we've got two examples of players effectively being "stitched up" whilst the season is still going ... Henderson to Geelong and Dixon to Port, meanwhile the AFL launched an investigation and harassed Eddie whilst he was away at his Grandfathers funeral all because a a bitter sacked coach started throwing grenades. Give me a ******* break!

11885273_1137540986262308_2779784034500154816_n.jpg

Got to the "simple thank you" part...and this was all I could think of: :p

58929366.jpg

So we've got two examples of players effectively being "stitched up" whilst the season is still going ... Henderson to Geelong and Dixon to Port, meanwhile the AFL launched an investigation and harassed Eddie whilst he was away at his Grandfathers funeral all because a a bitter sacked coach started throwing grenades. Give me a ******* break!

--and some want him to be considered for the senior job! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back