2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, he looks angry all the time on the field these days. Maybe he's realised that money isn't everything.

He has always looked angry, always chest beating, always carrying on like a toddler having a tantrum, speaking of toddlers, he once kicked a footy at a toddler in the crowd. (Probably on purpose).

No. This is clearly the players rebelling against hirds self absorbed BS. Sadly Hird will only survive this week because of Phil.
Hawthorn put Hird up on their Room pre game as he said he hated them. It was all about him again. The players have realised this hence the result. He's gone for mine. The players have finally said enough.

Gwilt. Just terrible today. I lost count of how many "contested" marks were taken on him today where he actually didn't contest at all.
Smack was a goer. Yay for Mckernan.

I can't believe that James Hird is delusional enough to think he still has what it takes to successfully coach Essendon into the future. I wonder what drugs he's on to be able to come to that conclusion, and if he's not currently on any, maybe he should be.

I hope he gets a 10 year Buddy type deal

#standbyhird

He has a right to be, I honestly can't see the "second motion" that is in his tackle but not Schulz's tackle. I can see that Gray had his feet on the ground providing resistance to the Gibbs tackle motion though, and when those feet lost their traction Gray's rotation sped up because he could no longer provide resistance. Whereas Ted Richards feet were off the ground for the entire tackle so there was no change in resistance half way through the tackle. To say one is worth 3 down to 2 and the other is worth 0 is very confusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This second motion stuff is based on camera angles, where the tackle started and the size and strength of the players, the intent is the same.

Schultz decision doesn't bother me too much. It was definitely less ugly compared to the Gibbs one. A week probably would have been understandable.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Yeah bizzare decision given the events of a couple weeks ago. If Bryce had received 2 down to 1 I could almost understand it.

Listening to SEN after they spoke to Campo just now, they brought up the topic of brow low votes from the game possibly being a disadvantage to players from that game. Ox said he thinks if a Crow or Cat finishes within 3 votes of the winner they might give them a brownlow as well. Interesting discussion point anyway.

It should be as simple as 'as soon as you pin the arms and drive a players head into the ground you're responsible'

But no... We have to split it between how many actions there are.

He plants his feet and then puts him down.
What more do they want?

It should be as simple as 'as soon as you pin the arms and drive a players head into the ground you're responsible'

What more do they want?
Leigh Matthews said it well on Sunday, "that's duty of care for mine, as soon as you take both arms of a player you remove his ability to protect himself and take responsibility" ... "I thought 3 down to 2 was about right last week and that one's the same for mine."

What more do they want?

Do it gently. Like they have time for that. The MRP is useless.

the only reason players started slinging in the first place is because the umpires take an eternity to either pay holding the ball or ball the bastard up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back