2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you're a Port supporter but when things are parallel they never veer away from each other - thats what makes them parrallel. :p
Hey!! im a tradesman, i didn't go to uni :D

2012: They sack Primus. We came back in the second half vs freo in the semi. Lose to Hawks by a kick in the prelim. Hawks Sydney GF.
2014: We sack Sando. They run over freo in the second half in their final. Lose to hawks by a kick. Hawks Sydney GF.

Weird.
D_One's 2 year lag theory strikes again!

2012: They sack Primus. We came back in the second half vs freo in the semi. Lose to Hawks by a kick in the prelim. Hawks Sydney GF.
2014: We sack Sando. They run over freo in the second half in their final. Lose to hawks by a kick. Hawks Sydney GF.

Weird.

That's uncanny.

There's one good reason why Port extended Ken's contract

It's spelt Carlton

Just heard Caro on AA saying that if her team (Richmond) were in need of a coach by the end of the year, she expects Hinkley to be at the top of their list. No doubt he will be a target with or without a contract.

Interesting that his H&A record is 26-18 compared to Sando after 2 years at 27-17.
Both had an extension after 2 years, and both suffered a 5 point PF loss to the Hawks.
And both got voted coach of the year. One by the coaches association and the other by the punters at bus stop 19. :D

The risky part in signing Ken for so long is that he is a motivational coach in the mould of Blight, Motivational coaches lose their ability to motivate the group after they have heard the same things again and again. When you tell a player something will happen and it does they will believe you again next time, when it doesn't work there will be doubt next time, this doubt builds up in each player over time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The risky part in signing Ken for so long is that he is a motivational coach in the mould of Blight, Motivational coaches lose their ability to motivate the group after they have heard the same things again and again. When you tell a player something will happen and it does they will believe you again next time, when it doesn't work there will be doubt next time, this doubt builds up in each player over time.
I've played football manager and agree with this 100%

Port board alarm has gone off - they'll be here soon:D

A coaches ability to maximise the groups potential can dwindle if they fail to change up their approach and it all gets a bit boring and tiring for the players. Ross Lyon and Neil Craig are two examples of coaches that demanded a lot physically from their players and perhaps it took a mental toll. Even Alistair Clarkson was on the cusp of being sacked a few times. I however don't have a problem with Port extending his contract but maybe a years extension is probably all that is warranted. Two years into a coaching career is a little too early to pop the Champaign declaring he is brilliant. What if Port have the next two seasons from hell and struggle to make the 8 both years. Anyways, good luck to them. I hope its the right call.

Ironic that the veins in the arms are popping ;)

Yeah, I looked at that photo and thought 'Dank wouldn't have a problem finding a vein.'

Interesting that they'd release that pic about Anzac Day just before finding out how many of their players will get suspended next week.

Yeah, I looked at that photo and thought 'Dank wouldn't have a problem finding a vein.'

Interesting that they'd release that pic about Anzac Day just before finding out how many of their players will get suspended next week.

hehehe The jabs were in tummy skin anyway, but I had to have a poke at the pic.....

They need to get all the publicity they can get. Collingwood might be one of the teams they can actually beat with fill in players.

I realise this, but parallels often veer away from eachother. Your club hasn't quite been through the adversity ours has over the last few years, and maybe has gelled Port more deeply than normal, who knows.

I'm not one for saying that we have the flag in the bag this year, i believe we have to work even harder now than the last two seasons. But i firmly believe we wont fall away, and mirror whats happened to you guys. We'll find out soon enough i suppose.

Personally, given this is his third year in a four year contract, they could have left contract negotiations till the end of this year. It's a big call no matter how one looks at it.

This year will be dependent on how you start the first five games - Fremantle (A), Sydney (H), Kangaroos (A), Hawthorn (H) and then the Showdown - and all but Kangaroos you play twice. We will have a bigger picture by round 5.

In addition, Hartlett, Wingard, Trengove have had no preseason games so it's gonna be interesting.

Not convinced on your depth but that is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back