2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't think that clip was so recent. Seems like it's been floating around for decades...

U could well be right. I only ever saw the clip once. I just thought it was that game for some reason.

Others on here will know for sure.

A lesson for all of us, never say anything in front of the camera when u are emotional. I actually got interviewed by Channel 7 before the West Coast v Adelaide game. I said no a couple of times but the girl seemed to think I looked like a good victim. Don't know if it went to air. I didn't make much sense whatever I said.

There's a few losses that are burnt into my memory forever

The Shaun Rehn holding the ball game in 1998 (which you mentioned above), losing to a 1w and 20L Freo side in the last round of 2001 and missing out on a home final, the Richmond game in 2006 were Richmond spent a majority of the game playing kick to kick in the backline (often described as the worst brand of footy ever), Anthony Rock (I think) kicking a late goal to put North Melbourne in front against us in 1995.

How can you forget the most infamous loss of all. 1993 Preliminary Final. That hurt

Doesn't it suck that Collingwood players generally can't sink a set shot to save themselves yet Tarrant and Anthony both did it pretty much at the final siren to sink us.

That's what burns the most, 2 absolute spuds managed to kick the only goals that mattered in their careers to win against us. If it was Rocca or Buckley I wouldn't have cared, much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never have got that close, altho we were even behind ... and he shouldn't have held his arm ... but **** me dead that was so ******* soft!

What infuriated me with that decision was that they actually kept showing it in ultra slow motion in order to justify the decision. In real time the arm hold was literally under a second.

I still remember Robert Walls (I think) saying "Where was the free?"

Was about the only time in history (that I can remember) that such a ridiculous tiggy touchwood decision has been paid to decide the outcome of a final. If that happened interstate to a Vic team there would have been an AFL lead royal commission, but because it was Collingwood not a word was ever really mentioned about it.

What infuriated me with that decision was that they actually kept showing it in ultra slow motion in order to justify the decision. In real time the arm hold was literally under a second.

I still remember Robert Walls (I think) saying "Where was the free?"

Was about the only time in history (that I can remember) that such a ridiculous tiggy touchwood decision has been made to decided the outcome of a final.

No doubt. If it was paid against Collingwood then Eddie would still be harping on about it like he does 1970 or whatever year it was when the ball was out of bounds.

No doubt. If it was paid against Collingwood then Eddie would still be harping on about it like he does 1970 or whatever year it was when the ball was out of bounds.

Unfortunately because we were such a meek outfit during Craig and Trigg's tenure we never said a peep and never made an issue out of it, other clubs would have and in retrospect we should have.

A mate of mine in Melbourne who is a Richmond supporter still claims to this day that it was one of the worst decisions he's ever seen in a finals game.

Pretty much everyone aside from Collingwood supporters and Port supporters thought that we were robbed.

I still swear that Tarrant kick was not a goal the Collingwood fans didn't cheer till after the umpire signaled..... It went directly over the top of the goal post.... I would have loved a video on the umpires hat that day.

I still swear that Tarrant kick was not a goal the Collingwood fans didn't cheer till after the umpire signaled..... It went directly over the top of the goal post.... I would have loved a video on the umpires hat that day.

Even if they did the ump would have just said to the protesting Crows players "Dont worry mate, they review every goal anyway" and then just called the game.

I also cried like a little bitch and threw a shoe at the telly when that free kick to Anthony was paid and resulted in a goal.... heartbreaking

I reckon it's easier to take when you are actually at the game. Some may disagree but I find that. I get a lot more emotional watching it on tv.

I definitely cried when we lost that '98 game to North. And I am sure I cried when we lost that game at Victoria Park by 1 point.

Was at the Tarrant game so took it a bit better. Was blind drunk when Anthony kicked the winner. Wasn't even sure the next day who had won.

It's even worse that it was Jack ******* Anthony that did it. What a potato.

I reckon it's easier to take when you are actually at the game. Some may disagree but I find that. I get a lot more emotional watching it on tv.

I definitely cried when we lost that '98 game to North. And I am sure I cried when we lost that game at Victoria Park by 1 point.

Was at the Tarrant game so took it a bit better. Was blind drunk when Anthony kicked the winner. Wasn't even sure the next day who had won.

Yes, when you are at the game you actually have things to do, like leaving the stadium and getting home/back to the hotel; and by the time you are settled the emotion is lessened. At home you are at risk of breaking your tv when s**t like that happens.

Yes, when you are at the game you actually have things to do, like leaving the stadium and getting home/back to the hotel; and by the time you are settled the emotion is lessened. At home you are at risk of breaking your tv when s**t like that happens.

I am amazed I have never broken a tv screen. I used to break remotes quite regularly so I position them far enough away during football watching.

I was dishing out some severe punishment to my couches with cushions (and fists) during the most recent Showdown. I received several warnings that I shouldn't watch sport if it was going to make me angry. At least that game was worth it in the end.

I also cried like a little bitch and threw a shoe at the telly when that free kick to Anthony was paid and resulted in a goal.... heartbreaking

Honestly, I knew it was going to happen.

Even when Tippett kicked the goal to put us back in front, deep down I knew we were going to lose. It was just the way things were during the Neil Craig era, no different to the Hawthorn final in 2007.

Honestly, I knew it was going to happen.

Even when Tippett kicked the goal to put us back in front, deep down I knew we were going to lose. It was just the way things were during the Neil Craig era, no different to the Hawthorn final in 2007.

Couldn't we just lose an away final like a normal team? Oh no, the pricks have to torture us as well as losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back