2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Collingwood footballers are understood to have tested positive to a performance enhancing drug.

The Magpie pair, Lachy Keeffe and Josh Thomas, are believed to have tested positive to the presence in samples collected earlier in the year.

If proven the player are facing a lengthy suspension and possible dismissal from the club.

Collingwood chief executive Gary Pert did not return calls from Fairfax Media today but the Magpies are understood to be considering their legal position with regards to the players.

It remained unclear on Monday what substance the players had taken or how they came to have it in their system.

Pert made headlines more than two years ago when he alerted clubs to the game's illegal drug problem and "volcanic" behaviour by some players during the off season.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collin...-face-positive-drug-test-20150330-1maznj.html

Collingwood's Josh Thomas and Lachlan Keeffe have apparently tested positive to performance enhancing drugs.

Here's a can of worms, who would like to open them?
Wow.

Imagine how s**t those guys would be if they didn't take performance enhancing drugs?

Hee, he and I have had the discussion in another thread :) but no he's not my dad (apparently - he might still be lying to me about a BF account but I doubt it)

You're not suggesting Geoffa is going the bigfooty catfish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clenbuterol was the drug the East German athletes were using decades ago, the claims were it assisted breathing and therefore stamina big time...think the Pies footballers are set for a long time suspension, even a complete ban IMO.

Wow Collingwood. Up until recently I was expecting a slap on the wrist for the Essendon players but now with crowley and these 2 they have to come down heavily on Essendon to set an example.

And Mexico - 110 footballers in Mexico had elevated levels that tested positive, but it is used in their farming industry so they had an inadvertent use finding and were all cleared.
Yep. Went on the Collingwood board. Apparently they'd just got back from New Zealand. Not sure if that is close enough to Mexico :)

I am not your father.

Said in Darth Vader tone.

The Doctor Who fan in me would really love to be using this gif...

tumblr_lzsvi1UheT1qcaiajo1_r4_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back