Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo showing contempt for their opponents, two weeks in a row. I don't remember great teams like the Lions '01-'04 easing off the pedal as Fremantle have in the past couple of weeks.

Freo like to bury sides early but risk burning out and getting run over the top - like they did in the final against Port last year and nearly did tonight. If I was a coach I would go ultra defensive early against Freo and attempt to minimise the damage.

If they win tonight, their only other tough game up until the half way point of the season would be Adelaide at AO.

They could be 11-0 :/
So cheap grand final tickets on gumtree come mid September again this year?

Dawson, Crowley, Ballantyne.
Cheers. Legit forgot about Ballantine.

Crowley isn't best 22 and it's arguable that they're a better side for his absence.

Freo would have one of the shortest injury lists in the comp. No surprise they're travelling well

they have come back -thats to be expected - sydney are a better side than us - they didnt look any better int eh first half though did they?

That's one way to respond to an enormous bout of premature ejaculation....

Hawthorn were similarly spanked early by Port, you want to blow your load half way through the game re Port too?:)

sydney getting treated like paris hilton at a utensil convention

puts last week into a little a less upsetting place doesnt it

i mean - we are still piss poor - just not pathetically uber-piss poor

freo are deadset fn good

We were pathetically uber piss poor....

I've been a member since day 1. That game ranked in our worst half dozen or so efforts in our clubs history. Entirely uncompetitive.

No amount of good quarters or halfs by Freo against other sides changes that....

Last edited:
Just did the ladder predictor, and I ended up with Freo on top after 23 rounds, with only 1 loss. The only probable losses are the away games to Hawthorn, Port and maybe Crows. Sydney, Hawthorn, Port and Crows below them. I had us in 10th spot with 11 wins. Might only be 1 win and percentage between us and 8th spot, but even then obviously we'd only be making up the numbers. Can't see us challenging the top 8 sides though after last week's 1st term. Can't see how we can improve enough during the season.
http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor

Just did the ladder predictor, and I ended up with Freo on top after 23 rounds, with only 1 loss. The only probable losses are the away games to Hawthorn, Port and maybe Crows. Sydney, Hawthorn, Port and Crows below them. I had us in 10th spot with 11 wins. Might only be 1 win and percentage between us and 8th spot, but even then obviously we'd only be making up the numbers. Can't see us challenging the top 8 sides though after last week's 1st term. Can't see how we can improve enough during the season.
http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor
They'll send a B team to Adelaide when they play Port in the last round, assuming they can afford to lose.

They'll probably lose that game. I think they'll be 19-3 come seasons end, with minor premiership.

Let's not kid ourselves - and Im quite drunk right now - Freo are way ahead of us.

I am also quite drunk and I must say I'm quite ready for bed

EDIT - wtf I don't even remember this

Last edited:
Just shows how far ahead of the top 4 is at the moment. Port,Hawthorn,Fremantle and Sydney can just turn it on when they need to.

Still think Hawthorn are the best side though. They had Ben ******* McEvoy playing full back tonight and still almost won.

So ummmmm I have a feeling I'll be in another country in October this year
Quick question... if you're willing to skip country to escape Freo supporters, why do you spend so much time on their board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Freo keep this up all year though?! History shows that it's bloody hard, nigh on impossible, to play at this sort of level for 26 weeks straight. They'll drop a few along the way, it'll be the old "loss we had to have" cliche.

Be nice if one of those days comes in the next derby ;)

End of the day, they'll go close to winning the flag, it'll make me sick to the stomach and I might have to flee the country for a few weeks to avoid the inevitable wank fest :(

dogs are alright this year..
Don't mind seeing them do well

Also puts our loss to them in perspective - they are playing decent footy

Seems to me there's a fair gap between hawks, port, swans and that other team then not much between the others with lions, blues and saints the stragglers. Maybe add the suns sans Ablwtt to that last group

Like I said after Round 1 - Bulldogs aren't a poor side. They have some serious young talent. The way they played against us was top 8 material - whether or not they can keep it up all season (unlikely) is another question

Like I said after Round 1 - Bulldogs aren't a poor side. They have some serious young talent. The way they played against us was top 8 material - whether or not they can keep it up all season (unlikely) is another question

It is making me feel more bullish about the year ... our 2 losses so far are to 2 red not teams. The bullies are tearing the crows apart.

Get Darling back and Hutch, things might be on the up.

Am I alone in thinking its exciting to see previously struggling clubs play good footy Ie Dogs and Demons? Also I LOLD at the free kick count in geelongs game

Hmmm dogs smoking the crows. Maybe we r a top 4 side
The doggies are bloody good atm ... still do not know how long they can keep it up for, but bloody good to watch as they are now ... some exciting kids who are strong over the ball. We need more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back