2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wce haven't played a high pressure team for a bit. And we haven't seen them play a team with tall powerful towards. On balance the results around them could see them stay in the four until they face us late season. That loss will see them drop to 6-7th where they will most likely stay. I'm hoping they get w home final. Would be good to have a bunch of games locally and make life harder on other opponents.

plus they may just sigh Priddis for another two or three and not draft any more pace.

When does Selwood get back for them? As much as I don't like any of the ducking Selwoods he was handy when fit a couple of seasons ago.

Wce haven't played a high pressure team for a bit. And we haven't seen them play a team with tall powerful towards. On balance the results around them could see them stay in the four until they face us late season. That loss will see them drop to 6-7th where they will most likely stay. I'm hoping they get w home final. Would be good to have a bunch of games locally and make life harder on other opponents.

plus they may just sigh Priddis for another two or three and not draft any more pace.

When does Selwood get back for them? As much as I don't like any of the ducking Selwoods he was handy when fit a couple of seasons ago.
Whatever happens this year doesn't change the fact that we need high skilled pacey mids. Priddis will retire end of next year or the year after anyway.

Bu
I've been saying it for ages that Jack Darling needs to improve his tank so he can rotate through the WCE midfield. He is big, strong, and fast with a good overhead mark. Would really compliment their growing midfield group having him back.
But he can't play mid. They tried him there last season and it didn't work. He looked lost and couldn't impact the contest. He is a natural tall forward and plays it well (apart from the acting) although he is undersized. Player's mindset and football knowledge, especially less experienced players is so important in where players play.

I've been saying it for ages that Jack Darling needs to improve his tank so he can rotate through the WCE midfield. He is big, strong, and fast with a good overhead mark. Would really compliment their growing midfield group having him back.

Terribad below his knees but I actually agree it's a useful tactic for them. Darling is big enough and quick enough that him pinch hitting through the middle can create space and match up issues. At the very least he is useful enough as a mid sized forward that he frees LeCras up to move though the midfield as he has been doing more this year.

I actually really like the Eagles list going forwards with the signs that Yeo, Duggan and Nelson have shown this year - those players address key deficiencies in skill, and Simpson seems to have addressed their deficiencies on a player by player basis. That said, I think they are at least a year and another 1st round calibre midfielder away from being able to match it with teams who put their midfield under pressure (i.e. Us, Sydney, Hawks, maybe Geelong, the Dogs now too). The Geelong game will be really interesting because I don't think the Cats have gone downhill to the extent that many have said. Duncan out hurts though.

I'm confused. Did I miss the PM where everyone agreed to talk the eagles up so that theyre all disappointed later in the season?

I'm not sure but this thread got awful because eagles people came on talking themselves up then stayed lame with Freo people going on about how great the eagles are.

The hate flows through me unfortunately.

I just love talking about the eagles and how great they are.

I like talking about football on this football board, and this complex some on this board have about being even remotely complementary (or even not outright derogatory) about an Eagles player or anything associated with them is just ridiculous. I enjoy lolling at a good Eagles loss as much as the next man (except perhaps Harry), but don't feel the need to go on about it or have it get in the way of a reasonable assessment of how that team is playing.

I like talking about football on this football board, and this complex some on this board have about being even remotely complementary (or even not outright derogatory) about an Eagles player or anything associated with them is just ridiculous. I enjoy lolling at a good Eagles loss as much as the next man (except perhaps Harry), but don't feel the need to go on about it or have it get in the way of a reasonable assessment of how that team is playing.
Literally 4 pages of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just stupid when their lame-to-begin-with Yeo vs Fyfe discussion is dragged over here and then just because they're talking about it seriously, we get sucked into giving it airtime and before you know it, the conversation is all about how grouse the weagles are going, and this is how the cancer starts. One morning you wake up in a futon with Chris Masten and you can't remember anything about the night before but you suddenly feel the urge to scrub yourself with steel wool.

Except he is stiff as and has no flexibility. Improving tank is also pretty hard as from what I seen of him doesnt seem much of a runner.

It's not that hard guys.
Complement is to complete. Compliment is saying something nice, or giving something for free.

I'll go now.

Bu
But he can't play mid. They tried him there last season and it didn't work. He looked lost and couldn't impact the contest. He is a natural tall forward and plays it well (apart from the acting) although he is undersized. Player's mindset and football knowledge, especially less experienced players is so important in where players play.
This must be where all the turn coats chat about their real team, who gives a rats

This must be where all the turn coats chat about their real team, who gives a rats
Why do you feel the need to call people turn coats for discussing another team?

This is the non Freo thread and it's purpose is to discuss topics that aren't related to Freo. If you don't want to read it then I'm sure that there are plenty of other threads you can contribute to.

If we weren't discussing West Coast and we were talking about the Western Bulldogs or Sydney instead would it be a problem?

It's not that hard guys.
Complement is to complete. Compliment is saying something nice, or giving something for free.

I'll go now.
In that case I complement you on the way you've complimented this thread

It's just stupid when their lame-to-begin-with Yeo vs Fyfe discussion is dragged over here and then just because they're talking about it seriously, we get sucked into giving it airtime and before you know it, the conversation is all about how grouse the weagles are going, and this is how the cancer starts. One morning you wake up in a futon with Chris Masten and you can't remember anything about the night before but you suddenly feel the urge to scrub yourself with steel wool.

Invariably the futon would be at your house or a hotel because Masten is homeless on account of all the train incidents.

So... are we all hoping Hawks get up over Sydney this weekend? Putting 3 games between Freo and last years Grand Finalists.

Assuming Freo win of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back