2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So... are we all hoping Hawks get up over Sydney this weekend? Putting 3 games between Freo and last years Grand Finalists.

Assuming Freo win of course.

I definitely want the Hawks to win. A 3 game lead on them both would be invaluable to us for player management later in the season.

Hopefully West Coast and Adelaide lose as well.

I definitely want the Hawks to win. A 3 game lead on them both would be invaluable to us for player management later in the season.

Hopefully West Coast and Adelaide lose as well.

Good thing is Sydney and Hawks play each other again later in the year. I have them tipped to finish 2nd and 3rd end of the year.

Nah, Hawks to lose. I hate the Swans but they're more gettable than a fully fit and in flight Hawks.

Don't rate Sydney's back six either.

Hawks losing is best. If they win I hope swans get them later in the year.

Just pleased that if we win the next couple it will all get boring for a while with the gap between us and our main competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt anyone could have come up with a more convoluted system.

Yep they made it hard didn't they.

Surely if they are going to have points that can be deducted from the next draft then they should look at clubs being able to trade away future draft picks with pick protection built in?

Makes me glad our former administration isn't in power... yes we will give you all our top picks for the next five years for four of your players...:eek::cry::drunk:

I want clubs to get reward for developing the players before the draft, now all that work just serves to compromise the rest of their draft.

I think this will cause more hiding, resting, less father son prospects being seen before the draft. Mundy and Pav junior playing one quarter of one WAFL reserves game then taken with the last two picks in the draft having been coached for three years.

Ok, so that fyfe v yeo thread is mainly seen as a big joke by most of the posters. Surely you guys see that?

I had my comment deleted and banned by the mods there for saying exactly that. So it's fair to say that a fair few of your lot are taking it quite seriously.

So you don't think we're in the 7th to 12th bracket?

In all honesty I rated eagles at 12th.
It could be said that where you currently sit is as much a reflection of draw peculiarities wherein likely top four clubs have played off against each other early in the season.
Although your draw is as soft as I have ever seen, it is a combination of you beating weak sides and genuinely strong clubs bashing it out in the early rounds.
For example; Freo have played both PORT and SYDNEY while both those clubs have also played each other. The other main contender, Hawthorn however has only met Port thus far but plays Sydney this week. It highlights again that the ladder won't settle until these teams get a run at the other clubs, including eagles.

What is the problem with that in your opinion? The value is dictated by other clubs. Seems reasonable to me.
The points system and discount that calculates the cost of the academy player is entirely arbitrary.

Is pick two really worth three draft picks each from the first three rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back