2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we finish first and the eagles fourth. Then we'd be ahead of them in derby wins this year instead of having to wait until next.
Nah. We finish 1st, Eagles 3rd. They lose away to Swans. Then trounce some team from the bottom eight coming into a "home" Preliminary final with their tails up. We wallop them in a bruise free run into meeting Sydney in the GF.

The longer the season goes the less impressive their wins look. The Port win looked good at the time, not so much since. People might consider the GWS win good because of where GWS sit, but both GWS and GC will struggle to win in Perth until their teams average 100 games each.

They certainly love smashing up on teams under no pressure, but I still see them as very much a one way football side. Reasonable pressure the other way and they fold.

Sydney look set to overcome their usual early season patchiness and run hard into finals. I'd still rate Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn as number 1, 2 and 3.

Yeah I agree with the final statement of better teams. I'm just surprised with them and even with some key injuries they have been winning.

The 8 looks very different to last season at the same point.

Not sure if mentioned but McCarthy with 4. Looked pretty solid.
McCarthy is a freaking jet. Not a gorilla but decent size, smart, athletic and mobile. Has a really aggressive attitude and competes fiercely.
Still haven't forgiven GWS for taking him. Would have been a perfect Pav replacement.

watched the hawks v sydney game. Good teams the both of them. Still think there is more to fear in hawthorn. They missed some sitters in the last and rioli fumbled running into an open goal. Glad they didn't get the win, makes it harder from here for them, but they still have a team full of weapons.

watched the hawks v sydney game. Good teams the both of them. Still think there is more to fear in hawthorn. They missed some sitters in the last and rioli fumbled running into an open goal. Glad they didn't get the win, makes it harder from here for them, but they still have a team full of weapons.
I wish we weren't facing them in Launceston!

I wish we weren't facing them in Launceston!

Would be nice to play them in season at the G. Get a run at them before another possible GF. They cant really afford to stumble again from here on out which will put some pressure on their team, and some of their guys got a couple of knocks. Hodge back next game, but they play sydney away again yet and in their form who knows where they will finish. You wouldn't want to be a vic team finishing above them and playing them first up in a final. Would be confident we could get them at domain though. We would go in favourites and look at a 18-24 margin. At the G... who knows!

Would be nice to play them in season at the G. Get a run at them before another possible GF. They cant really afford to stumble again from here on out which will put some pressure on their team, and some of their guys got a couple of knocks. Hodge back next game, but they play sydney away again yet and in their form who knows where they will finish. You wouldn't want to be a vic team finishing above them and playing them first up in a final. Would be confident we could get them at domain though. We would go in favourites and look at a 18-24 margin. At the G... who knows!
I can't believe we were given Launceston this year after proving we are a better team than many others - it's like they just wanted to favor a Vic team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, it's our own fault. We gave nothing last year at the MCG in the grand final replay when we had the chance.

I suspect it would have made little difference whether we gave a decent show or not (as it turned out of course). Hawks have to play certain amount of games in Tassie, they're not going to send a big drawing Melbourne team there. If we had have played them in the GF again last year, maybe then as another 'replay', but otherwise we'll always be down the list of games we'll play at the G. It's about bums on seats and $$.

Well here's hoping our performance this season will see us get some more gigs at the MCG, and a few more Friday night games

I don't really care for Friday night games in the scheme of things. Good for us Dockers fans if we had more of them, but for the players it invariably means 6 day breaks and I reckon you're better off sticking to more 'regular' time slots for continuity in training and general game prep etc.

Having said that, I reckon Ch7 would be doing their head in with the Friday night game schedule. They're probably banging on AFL House's door demanding a refund on their rights deal over the way the scheduling has turned out.

I don't really care for Friday night games in the scheme of things. Good for us Dockers fans if we had more of them, but for the players it invariably means 6 day breaks and I reckon you're better off sticking to more 'regular' time slots for continuity in training and general game prep etc.

Having said that, I reckon Ch7 would be doing their head in with the Friday night game schedule. They're probably banging on AFL House's door demanding a refund on their rights deal over the way the scheduling has turned out.
I look at it from a brand building and future revenue point of view. Not so much the fixtures

Pretty sure we have a couple Friday night games and a Thursday game on the horizon.

Channel 7 have a lot of input into who plays on Friday nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back