2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Roberton could not take such a key role at Freo. He is an average to below average AFL footballer.

I don't agree. His disposal is noticeably better than it was, can run it despite not being quick, and he knows when to drop off his man and into space in defence. He's not going to be good 1:1 but he's useful. Would be better than who we currently have developing into that sort of role... i.e. literally no one.

Leigh Matthews has suggest a reduction in number of players on the ground. He has said that the modern day game is too congested and a reduction in the numbers on the ground could fix this.
I don't mind the sound of this. Would 16 be a fair reduction, just remove the two wings or perhaps two of the midfielders?
No coach would allow a space to not get filled, there could be no rotations at all and the team that can play as close to the current style will win. Less players on the ground will make those athletes playing football into stars.

Probs no point in getting rid of Hird until the Wada business wraps up. They are screwed anyway. Might as well wait until it's over, dump him and Little and start again.

Essendon's previous 100+ point loss?

Rd 22, 2008: 108 point loss at Etihad to...St Kilda.

Today's loss: 110 points - 7th largest in club history (2380th game).

Happy 200th game Jobe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

memory is a bit jaded but if i recall correctly weren't they doing ok with bomber thompson at the helm before they decided to reinstall their favourite son?

What a dumbass, lol.
Maybe. If I were in their position I would sign a long term deal, get the WADA ban, get paid out/argue in court that the club ran the programme and are liable for it.

Potentially that leads to the AFL putting aside the bans but the AFLPA creating a delisted free agent thing.

Double pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back