2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Shulz cleared for his sling tackle which KO'd Ted Richards.

Work that one out.
It wasn't a sling tackle beetz. It was a single tackling action where Richards' head hit the ground, and you could see Schulz was very concerned for him immediately.

Contrast that against the Gibbs one where he tackled the guy, then slung him headfirst into the ground - it seemed to me his intent was to hurt the guy, not so Schulz.

That's the way I saw it, maybe others saw it differently?

It wasn't a sling tackle beetz. It was a single tackling action where Richards' head hit the ground, and you could see Schulz was very concerned for him immediately.

Contrast that against the Gibbs one where he tackled the guy, then slung him headfirst into the ground - it seemed to me his intent was to hurt the guy, not so Schulz.

That's the way I saw it, maybe others saw it differently?

The tackles looked exactly the same to me. How they reacted after they made the tackle shouldn't make a difference as Gibbs likely didn't know the state Grey was in. As far as intent goes, it seems like a hard one to gauge what goes through a players mind when they tackle as it's quite a full on act most of the time with the player putting everything into it. Growing up throughout junior footy, amateurs, WAFL coaches regularly enforced you to tackle hard making the opposition player second guess picking up the ball again.

Gibbs:
Shulz: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-07-02/swanstv-richards-knocked-out

The tackles looked exactly the same to me. How they reacted after they made the tackle shouldn't make a difference as Gibbs likely didn't know the state Grey was in. As far as intent goes, it seems like a hard one to gauge what goes through a players mind when they tackle as it's quite a full on act most of the time with the player putting everything into it. Growing up throughout junior footy, amateurs, WAFL coaches regularly enforced you to tackle hard making the opposition player second guess picking up the ball again.

Gibbs:
Shulz: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-07-02/swanstv-richards-knocked-out

Fair enough, we each see things differently. When I first saw the Schulz one I thought it was bad, but after watching several replays I thought it was just an unfortunate accident. I didn't get that feeling from the Gibbs one.

I think Schulz was lucky to escape all penalty. But, there are big differences in the two. Gibbs is a clear double movement where are rotating him he then almost jumps off the ground to get extra drive into lifting Gray off the ground.

The concern that Schulz showed to Richards almost immediately after the tackle probably helped him as well

Yep, should get minimum 2 weeks disgusting act, he aimed at Miles. This where some times the old days were better because you could've landed a right on his nose, can't stand that sort s**t.:mad:
If he hit him with the spit it was straight to tribunal. He's lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand how intentional dog acts like spitting get off lightly and then those technicality ones in the play such as Fyfe head clash get penalised heavily. There was another one last year, I think from Reece Conca? where he just elbowed some player coming off the ground onto the bench for no reason and he got a slap on the wrist. If the AFL seriously wants to protect the game and the image of the game, they'll properly penalise deliberate acts like that rather than technicality ones where you could try and pinpoint an indiscretion if you watch it in slow motion for the 50th time :rolleyes:

If Greene was playing for Freo he would be treated the same way as Ballantyne and Crowley.

He does the same s**t off the ball as those two and it's all swept under the carpet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I get the impression most people think Greene is a ******* turd though

I dunno. He is pretty up there. Then again it is not like I know him personally
People don't know Crowley and Ballas personally but they still give them s**t. Greene also had those assault charges last year as well. So sounds like a bit of a flog off-field too! Either way...it's good to have "antagonists" in the game. Makes it more interesting having someone to hate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back