2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No, we really need to stop playing like s**t. We need to turn the corner tomorrow with a well skilled, well executed, dominant 4 quarter performance with no injuries.

We really don't need that. All we need is a well skilled, well executed, dominant 4 quarter performance come September.

Anything before that means little other than reassuring some insecure fans that they should keep watching.

Yeah it's quite common. Human bodies have a window after intense exercise where you can consume pretty much any carbs and it'll break it down rapidly to replenish the metabolic sources need topping up and not gain weight. But during the week isn't the best.
Pete Evans dislikes this.

The look on some Eagles players faces made me incredibly happy..

GC going to be quite good when they get their 4 mids back

Actually, GC even without Garry, have been steadily improving in recent weeks. Results aside, they're generally playing better the longer the season has gone. Eagles have had a charmed run, but not necessarily this week - it could be argued they have caught the Suns on the up rather than the down.

Ha I remember after a big win (might have been a night WACA game) the camera followed the players into the rooms where there was a large table full of food. Clive walks up, grabs something, tries it and quite loudly goes "Tastes like s**t!" :D

We really don't need that. All we need is a well skilled, well executed, dominant 4 quarter performance come September.

Anything before that means little other than reassuring some insecure fans that they should keep watching.

So we are suddenly going to switch it on in 6 weeks time? Magically hit premiership form as soon as the real season starts?

If we don't start showing signs of having turned the corner in the next few games, we won't go anywhere in September.

So we are suddenly going to switch it on in 6 weeks time? Magically hit premiership form as soon as the real season starts?

If we don't start showing signs of having turned the corner in the next few games, we won't go anywhere in September.

No one thought we were going to 'switch it on' in 2013 either.

We may click next week, we may not. The latter doesn't mean we aren't capable though. Hawthorn didn't switch it on yesterday and they have the same amount of time as us until the GF.

I'm a bit over the negativity on this board tbh (not directed at you personally Spoken). Might be better if I just enjoy the rest of the season without agonising every week over why we aren't going to win the premiership. I'll catch y'all in a few months.

We may click next week, we may not. The latter doesn't mean we aren't capable though. Hawthorn didn't switch it on yesterday and they have the same amount of time as us until the GF.

I'm a bit over the negativity on this board tbh (not directed at you personally Spoken). Might be better if I just enjoy the rest of the season without agonising every week over why we aren't going to win the premiership. I'll catch y'all in a few months.

Think you'll find I've been one of the more balanced and positive posters on this Board when it comes to Freo's recent performances.

Ah Esti, don't do that. I know what you mean, a quick glance at some threads/posts and you'd think we're fighting for the wooden spoon instead of battling hard at the top of the table. But just limit your visits if it helps or use ignore on 'serial offenders' who really annoy you. Focus on the good stuff. Don't got entirely, that would be a shame.

Can someone advise me if it common practice but I thought I saw the eagle players eat pizza after the game.

Yeah it's quite common. Human bodies have a window after intense exercise where you can consume pretty much any carbs and it'll break it down rapidly to replenish the metabolic sources need topping up and not gain weight. But during the week isn't the best.

It is also full of salt. North Melbourne were doing it five years ago

The last few years we have hit our straps around Rd 20. Timed it nicely. Even last year, people dismiss our season, but we actually were looking to peak perfectly ... then were crippled by injuries which derailed our season.

I'd say they have a fair idea on how to work to a similar plan ... which would coincide with hitting our straps with the tough games against WC and North. That's when I expect to see the team hit proper form. I just hope we can get over the line in the next few weeks and will be happy enough with two more scratchy wins on the board. If it all goes to plan, we can rest the whole side over the last few rounds as we would have top spot sewn up.

Perfect result for us, but it does mean that if the Eagles lose to the Hawks and us they'll likely finish fourth...leading to a Derby qualification final.
If the Weags lose to the Hawks it means we can rotate some fring players through for the derby. Give Sandi and Pavlich the week off. Mundy and Hill too.

Join me estibador :) I've been off the boards for the better part of 2 months now. The business got busy at the same time as the amount of stupid s**t posted here increased. It's been nice and peaceful watching games for what they are ;)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Weags lose to the Hawks it means we can rotate some fring players through for the derby. Give Sandi and Pavlich the week off. Mundy and Hill too.

Would rather go full strength for the derby and manage players at a later date if our ladder position allows. North at Etihad looks like a good game to give Sandi/Pav and Macca a break, hard surface and lets those players stay at home for three weeks.

Yes, yes we will:D

Eagles form turned around pretty quickly didn't it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back