2015 Non Freo discussion

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-02/blow-for-big-eagle

Why do journalists use the word "blow" all the time when doing a story on the Eagles?

I remember when Dennis Cometti called Ben Cousins "the Iceman" once during a game and he received hate mail and death threats from several Eagles fans as a result, when all he was doing was simply implying that Ben was cool under pressure.

"Blow for Big Eagle" I can see Coxy with a big smile on his face and a straw in his hand now.
You are completely obsessed with us.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
And while we're on the subject of effusive journos , why is it they always refer to Eagles players as premiership player, All Australian player ?.... and never
Wooden spoon player.

A bit like saying Eric McKenzie was almost an All Australian Full Back, had he have not conceded 6 goals on Jarrod Roughead last season.

Or when they say that Matt Priddis was a deserving Brownlow Medallist.

It's just words man.

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Lach was any kind of mod he would have given him a board ban years ago., that bloke is unhinged.
Nah, I'm glad Public Enemy No1 is allowed to post here. Because he gets absolutely destroyed each time he does and retreats like the cowardly turd he is. On the main board where he receives backing from similarly idiotic posters is where I'm glad he is banned.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Nah, I'm glad Public Enemy No1 is allowed to post here. Because he gets absolutely destroyed each time he does and retreats like the cowardly turd he is. On the main board where he receives backing from similarly idiotic posters is where I'm glad he is banned.

Really it comes down to how much enjoyment you get out of bullying the weak, in complete seriousness he obviously doesn't have much of a mental capacity so I don't really see the sense in "absolutely destroying" him. Engaging him in serious argument is a bit like this clip-

Watching him agonise over our "obsession" with West Coast on their board while he posts about Freo literally every time is enough for me.

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really it comes down to how much enjoyment you get out of bullying the weak, in complete seriousness he obviously doesn't have much of a mental capacity so I don't really see the sense in "absolutely destroying" him. Engaging him in serious argument is a bit like this clip-

Banning him from the Freo board gives him no forum in which to be completely shut down.

I don't believe in the "be cruel to be kind" philosophy. Just be cruel, to those who deserve it.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
s**t I am still trying to getting over the look out for Eagles 2015 dribble from my family last christmas.
And the what is the only ship that has not sailed into Freo harbour.
And the Ross don't play youth.
And Michael Johnston snorting coke off of a milk crate so dere!!!
Der Pav and sandi too old.
They wouldn't even know who Mcpharlin was.
I just shut off but it all just sounded like BOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUULLLSHITE!

Back