2015 Non Freo discussion

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Great restraint from Maxwell to wait until his second ball to go for the reverse sweep.

Edit: Was a very entertaining innings though.

I have never seen Maxwell play a good innings. Every time I watch him he fails, and whenever he has a good one I miss it.

88 off 39 looks like it would have been bloody good to watch too.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Need to invest time into Maxwell. He's got amazing talent but he also throws his wicket away often. He's still young and should be around the team for a long time.

Warner used to be similar, a BigBash type power hitter that was extremely hot or cold. Now he's Australia's test opener.

Give the Big Show time and he will mature and get better in my opinion.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Need to invest time into Maxwell. He's got amazing talent but he also throws his wicket away often. He's still young and should be around the team for a long time.

Warner used to be similar, a BigBash type power hitter that was extremely hot or cold. Now he's Australia's test opener.

Give the Big Show time and he will mature and get better in my opinion.
He's nothing like Warner, at all.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I disagree.

He is a big hitting power player with the ability to tear bowling attacks apart when he's on. He also doesn't yet have the ability to turn it off and play a sensible innings when required.

When Warner burst on to the scene he was similar in that he used to bash away, sometimes out of control and throw away an innings rather than play sensibly. He has done a great job of modifying his game, getting some control and becoming more consistent. That's why he's the test opener and one of Australia's best current batsmen.

Maxwell needs to do the same. If he can develop some patience and more of a defensive side to his game he will be a very valuable asset to the Australian team. He has the ability to smash to all parts of the ground, hit quick scores and unsettle a bowling line-up and captains field positioning with his unorthodox style. Knowing when to go and when to defend/stay is his problem.

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
Maxwell showed at the WACA he can build an innings responsibly with a slower, more solid start .. its just most of the time he doesn't want to (albeit he usually comes in with a reasonably loose licence to have a crack)

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jeremy cameron has signed for a further 5years with the giants.

Woulda looked good in the purple. Oh well have to settle for Hogan

meesy

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
McCarthy looking really good in this Giants game ... think he might get quite a few games this year

Back