Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd nearly go as far to say that Malthouse guiding that ragtag bunch of the early 2000s to consecutive grand finals (and almost pinching one) was on par with actually winning the thing in 2010. Battling Melbourne's 2000 team as the worst 'on paper' grand final team in my lifetime and must be the worst back-to-back grand final team ever.

Played in both: Ben Johnson, Shane Wakelin, James Clement, Simon Prestigiacomo, Ryan Lonie, Shane O'Bree, Nathan Buckley, Leon Davis, Scott Burns, Josh Fraser, Chris Tarrant, Paul Licuria, Heath Scotland, Alan Didak

Played in 2002: Carl Steinfort, Anthony Rocca, Nick Davis, Rupert Betheras, Steven McKee, Glenn Freeborn, Tarkyn Lockyer, Jarrod Molloy

Played in 2003: Matthew Lokan, Richie Cole, Brodie Holland, Jason Cloke, Ben Kinnear, Tristen Walker, Shane Woewodin, Rhyce Shaw

Yikes...

And yet that 2002 team almost knocked over one of the best teams ever. You've got to respect that.

Yes, what bad luck that all the athletes in NZ who have ever been drug-tested have never eaten clenbuterol-tainted meat, but two innocent Aussies go over there and get the "bad" steaks. You wouldn't read about it :eek:.
Hahahahahaha
at least the article mentions that the Pies themselves don't hold much hope of it being the case

Yes, what bad luck that all the athletes in NZ who have ever been drug-tested have never eaten clenbuterol-tainted meat, but two innocent Aussies go over there and get the "bad" steaks. You wouldn't read about it :eek:.

60 pages on this now on the Main Board, mainly inspired by Essendon supporters claiming it proves their innocence.

No but if the players don't want to play for him or aren't as happy with him it only takes being the slightest bit off mentally to make a big difference.

Absolutely. We saw the evidence of that first hand - from 2006 to 2007 with the same coach and basically same playing group. Monumental, San Andreas-shift in mindset though.

True, but I guess those results pop up in sport occasionally. They played out of their skins, and Brisbane had a shocker. Much like the 2007 Prelim final with us really. They were nowhere near their best but managed to fall over the line.
Yes, just that Malthouse seems to have done it with Collingwood more than just occasionally. And certainly more than the quality of his list would normally allow.

I also never felt Collingwood and those players were *that good*. When they were at their peak and coming up against us I always thought, geez, here's a team of mostly battlers that a playing for each other and playing to a very well-tuned gameplan and that's enough to keep up with one of the greatest teams ever (if not the greatest). It's no surprise to me that a few years later the component parts of that team don't look as good in the cold light of day. Pendlebury is the clear exception.

Yeah, for whatever reason, that season they suddenly as a playing group had one collective mindset (much like us in 2007). I've never seen a group of players work so fanatically hard for each other as they were in the latter stages of 2010. No doubt coaches would kill for that kind of spirit to permeate the playing group regularly; I guess they just ease back when it does happen and ride it through.

I remember up until halfway through 2011 it was presumed Collingwood were strolling to another flag, it was only as the season wore on it became clear we were playing every bit as good and eventually better.

Hahahahahaha
at least the article mentions that the Pies themselves don't hold much hope of it being the case
Yes, you have to give Collingwood credit for the way they're dealing with it as a club, not running with ridiculous conspiracy theories, even if some fans are clutching at straws.

I had a nightmare last night.

Collingwood somehow made the GF and beat the Swans after finishing outside the top 4. There was nobody at the game because everybody thought it was such a joke that they Bradbury'd it there. Was happy to wake up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a nightmare last night.

Collingwood somehow made the GF and beat the Swans after finishing outside the top 4. There was nobody at the game because everybody thought it was such a joke that they Bradbury'd it there. Was happy to wake up.

Deeper dream analysis would suggest your guilt (Collingwood) and envy (Swans) over a personal issue is leaving you emotionally cut off (nobody at the game) and somewhat more open to the negative forces of fate and chance (the Bradbury). Your happiness in waking up underlines a need to attend these issues sooner rather than later. :D

Deeper dream analysis would suggest your guilt (Collingwood) and envy (Swans) over a personal issue is leaving you emotionally cut off (nobody at the game) and somewhat more open to the negative forces of fate and chance (the Bradbury). Your happiness in waking up underlines a need to attend these issues sooner rather than later. :D
I knew I came to the right place! Thanks Dr. James!

So 2 years of footy ruined, ASADA with 10000 pages of evidence, bombers took it to court to try stop it, and to have evidence removed.. but not guilty

Pfft

Ah, good to see my total contempt for the AFL has been proven correct.
I have no doubt Essendon and Dank did the wrong thing.... none at all.
but through a combination of poor record keeping and loop holes with the terminology of terms means the players get off

And for the same issues they will no doubt hang Dank up by his balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back