Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Essenjection players won't be able to play for 2 years.
If they need Brown playing for 2 years I reckon he gets to that 50 game mark and might be worth keeping on - if possible

I don't think that is possible.
Brown would have to enter the draft system just like any other player.

but he would be on a 2 game contract, say if they actually need him for the year why couldnt they just resign?

Because he is no longer an AFL player. Much the same as our VFL listed players cannot play AFL even if they were killing it during the season.

Because he is no longer an AFL player. Much the same as our VFL listed players cannot play AFL even if they were killing it during the season.
But say the bombers players get rubbed out then surely they fill the rest of the list with replacements on 12 month contracts... so a Brown etc may find himself in that situation.

I think that's the point Rainfall is trying to make...
After that period maybe they would get first crack the same way the clubs do with Rookies?

But say the bombers players get rubbed out then surely they fill the rest of the list with replacements on 12 month contracts... so a Brown etc may find himself in that situation.

After that period maybe they would get first crack the same way the clubs do with Rookies?

I don't say the fix is in, but the AFL seems to be assuming that the shortage of players is only an issue for this year's practice matches.

I don't say the fix is in, but the AFL seems to be assuming that the shortage of players is only an issue for this year's practice matches.
they have also dropped in the media that if they need top ups could be used if regular season games are missed

I took that as regual season games WILL be missed

True.. what is the point of trying to start a s**t fight about Brown? Ffs good on him for getting a game or 2 to try get another chance... if he makes the most of it great if he doesn't who cares

OK. I was not aware that was the context for Rainfall's comment.

I've tried searching for a listing myself but have found nothing.
I was hoping the AFL website would have a link available to watch the game but they don't have anything up as of yet.

Radio coverage only.
ABC and 6PR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF. I mean seriously. Why bother then... typical AFL shitting the bed again.

Totally agree.

Not sure if my memory is serving me correctly, but don't these normally get streamed via the clubs website?
I could have sworn I have watched one or two of these games before.

It is pretty piss poor that in today's digital age we can't watch this game online.

Totally agree.

Not sure if my memory is serving me correctly, but don't these normally get streamed via the clubs website?
I could have sworn I have watched one or two of these games before.

It is pretty piss poor that in today's digital age we can't watch this game online.
I know we did it with one of our practice games via north - from memory it didn't really work (technical issues) but still.

I know we did it with one of our practice games via north - from memory it didn't really work (technical issues) but still.
Other thing is no geelong players are taking part... So who cares anyway. Other then supercoach scouts

Looks like he finally mastered the bump…:D

sorry.. had to do it… here all week… tip your waiters….

Go Catters

Hey fellow posters, can anyone recommend a website designer for my small business in warrnambool? or are you in that field? give me a msg and ill see if you can help me step on out into the interweb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back