Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

he's kinda like clown, you just missed the big red nose …but you get the idea so you got my point.

Go Catters

clown.

Go Catters
Community-Jeff-wrong.gif

;)

clown.

Go Catters
I'm not sure about the clown tag.

Chris Scott himself said that he wasn't taking the credit. Maybe Neeld could have done it, who's to know.

I know Scott did attribute to the win but how many other coaches could of done the same is something we'll never know.

***********************************************************************************************************************

"We've been working really hard all year, and that work had been done years before I arrived, to make sure we had a group of players who could play multiple positions. And Jimmy (Bartel) is as good an example as anyone.

"At times we just got out of the way this year because we had such an incredible group of players. Even in the last 10 minutes of the game, we commented that we wanted to be sending things out to the players, but we didn't need to because it was all done.

"We could take credit for that and pat ourselves on the back as coaches, but it wouldn't be appropriate because these players have been amazingly well coached for a long period of time. But it's about time they started taking credit for themselves."

Scott says he will start planning for the 2012 season tomorrow, and confessed he was humbled by the efforts of the team he inherited from Mark Thompson - and the staff.

"I think after about six weeks, it really dawned on me that we had an extremely special group of people," he said.

"Not just players, but coaches, administrators, everyone involved with Geelong. It just makes me humble to be part of this organisation.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-grand-final-win/story-e6frep5o-1226155638436

Did anyone feels sorry for Cyril last night after all those amazing things he mesmerized the commentary team with when he just failed in what surly would have been goal of the year in the dying seconds.

Me either.

11063505_10207079011200572_3268544717419040372_n.jpg

Could you be more contradictory? I am not underselling Bombers contribution to the 11 flag. But he walked and Scott took over, implemented a new game plan that stood up and we won a flag. It may have been easier but it was not a gift, do not underestimate just how hard it is to win a flag.

All the good judges wrote Geelong off after our exit from the 2010 finals series.
I find it amazing that Scott seems to be denied credit for that flag 12 months later.
I think that much of it is due to our lack of finals success being projected backwards onto the 2011 season.

Scott did not do a lot of things wrong in '11.
He also rested players late in the season so that they were fresh at the pointy end and he also blooded and played a number of young kids.

Last edited:
All the good judges wrote Geelong off after our exit from the 2010 finals series.
I find it amazing that Scott seems to be denied credit for that flag 12 months later.
I think that much of it is due to our lack of finals success being projected backwards onto the 2011 season.

He also rested players late in the season so that they were fresh at the pointy end and he also blooded and played a number of young kids.
I don't think anyone disagrees that Scott played a part in winning the flag but do you think Scott would have been the only coach that could have coached us to the flag in 2011?

It's simply because not giving him credit suits their argument at the time mate.

It's not to say another coach couldn't have done the same job but it shouldn't matter because the won we had DID win the flag... and after losing the best player in the comp as well

I always astounded when people think that cause you have a good group that "joe blogs" could coach it. The whole club could have just melted if it was the wrong coach. Imagine an appointee of a young opinionated coach that wanted to run the ship his way.. you guys are done..its my way now. The respect a group has for the coach is super important. Perhaps thats some of the issues at GC , some of the kids wouldn't even rate Eade as a player

And the revisionist type memory of Thompson..plenty thought he couldn't coach around 05 , 06. Scott is probably a much better coach now than in 2011. Perhaps our transition has been a tad slow...originally 2015,2016 ..but the same thing happened in the build last time . I can remember Costa talking about 04,05.
Once we have a solid group of young players , 50-100 games , we will then be in a position judge harder ,imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks board is great for a laugh when they lose, absolutely roasting their side and some reckon they won't even be top 8 this year.

Lol. Great as these losses have been I went through their remaining fixture and could only see another possible two losses. They will be 16-6 at worst.

I'm not sure about the clown tag.

Chris Scott himself said that he wasn't taking the credit. Maybe Neeld could have done it, who's to know.

I know Scott did attribute to the win but how many other coaches could of done the same is something we'll never know.

***********************************************************************************************************************

"We've been working really hard all year, and that work had been done years before I arrived, to make sure we had a group of players who could play multiple positions. And Jimmy (Bartel) is as good an example as anyone.

"At times we just got out of the way this year because we had such an incredible group of players. Even in the last 10 minutes of the game, we commented that we wanted to be sending things out to the players, but we didn't need to because it was all done.

"We could take credit for that and pat ourselves on the back as coaches, but it wouldn't be appropriate because these players have been amazingly well coached for a long period of time. But it's about time they started taking credit for themselves."

Scott says he will start planning for the 2012 season tomorrow, and confessed he was humbled by the efforts of the team he inherited from Mark Thompson - and the staff.

"I think after about six weeks, it really dawned on me that we had an extremely special group of people," he said.

"Not just players, but coaches, administrators, everyone involved with Geelong. It just makes me humble to be part of this organisation.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-grand-final-win/story-e6frep5o-1226155638436

What do you expect Scott to say

"While it was a good job of the boys but without me and the coaches we wouldn't have gotten anywhere"

He was just being humble and diplomatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone disagrees that Scott played a part in winning the flag but do you think Scott would have been the only coach that could have coached us to the flag in 2011?

Do you think Mark Thompson could have been the "only" coach to coach Geelong to a flag in 2007 or 2009?

It's simply because not giving him credit suits their argument at the time mate.

It's not to say another coach couldn't have done the same job but it shouldn't matter because the won we had DID win the flag... and after losing the best player in the comp as well

It takes coaches many years to get a club right to have a tilt at a flag, you need the players, assistants, admin and lots of other things in your favour to ultimately taste success.

When CS was appointed as coach it wasn’t as if he had to scrape us off the bottom, bring in his own assistants and build a list of players capable of winning the flag. All of the above was already there, what he did do was implement a different game plan, make a few adjustments, win the respect of the players and everyone involved which he did without a problem and for that he gets credit (from me anyway) plus he gave me another year of enjoyment which I thank him very much for.

However I know it’s hard to speculate if another coach could have done the same thing in 2011 but having been appointed to a club that had the players, assistants and admin capable of winning a flag, no one can tell me that another coach wouldn’t have been capable of doing the same thing.

What CS needs to do is replicate the success of 2011 from now on, then he’ll be credited in the manner as Bomber and other coaches who rebuilt a middle of the road club to win a flag.

By the way I don’t dislike CS in anyway, I question some of his moves or lack of, selections, game plan etc, for me I would get the utmost thrill if he were to win another flag for us.

WE HAVE A THREAD ABOUT CHRIS SCOTT ELSEWHERE! I'M SICK OF IT CLOGGING UP EVERY THREAD ON THIS BOARD!
chill boobman chill. Think happy thoughts;) Rockliff 71... Repeat after me, rockliff 71..... Feel better now:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back