Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a mighty big IF though....
Mate, Sydney was a mighty big IF in 82. It's still a mighty big IF.
But that move changed everything.

The landscape has been redrawn because of that move.

You're both familiar with Hird labelling Mitchell's gesture 'Naive and Idiotic'?

Okay well in 2001 the Lions used IV drips (with salt solution for hydration apparently) well he recalled a game where the Essendon team took the mickey of this by wearing black arm bands under the elbow (where you get injections) and it was at the time interpreted as a subtle dig at the Lions.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

Suck eggs James! Well done Browny for calling out his hypocrisy!
Brisbane used to get injections at 1/2 time. I remember it.

You're both familiar with Hird labelling Mitchell's gesture 'Naive and Idiotic'?

Okay well in 2001 the Lions used IV drips (with salt solution for hydration apparently) well he recalled a game where the Essendon team took the mickey of this by wearing black arm bands under the elbow (where you get injections) and it was at the time interpreted as a subtle dig at the Lions.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

Suck eggs James! Well done Browny for calling out his hypocrisy!

Thanks NSFB.

I like Browny's straight shooting commentary.

Hopefully he doesn't lose that style.

Brisbane used to get injections at 1/2 time. I remember it.
and the difference being at the time they were legal, later banned but legal.

Essendon however, not legal....

certainly agree.
He's got two premiership medallions already though, I'm sure one more would have been supreme but it's unfortunate his body is now breaking down on him. Had it not, another three more years in this competition, he may just have got that third premiership. I think this season has been a blessing in disguise for the Suns. They have been hit hard by the media and a lot of their players have finally had to look at themselves in the mirror. What their club have over ourselves, and virtually every other list is exceptional talent in every single position. If the fire in belly burns after this years catastrophe, watch for them to make significant in-roads in 2016.

Unless the drugs they were taking were performance enhancing and not recreational drugs that is.

It's going to be a very disappointing conclusion to his career though......beset by such issues, and an uncompetitive team.

The competitor in him would despise that.

Money is all he has. He is a very success driven character and it would be eating him up having to be a part of such an unprofessional unit that is so far from success.

We are not exactly rolling in success at the moment either.
But time may run out for the Suns to win a Premiership while Gaz is still playing.

certainly agree.
He's got two premiership medallions already though, I'm sure one more would have been supreme but it's unfortunate his body is now breaking down on him. Had it not, another three more years in this competition, he may just have got that third premiership. I think this season has been a blessing in disguise for the Suns. They have been hit hard by the media and a lot of their players have finally had to look at themselves in the mirror. What their club have over ourselves, and virtually every other list is exceptional talent in every single position. If the fire in belly burns after this years catastrophe, watch for them to make significant in-roads in 2016.

Unless the drugs they were taking were performance enhancing and not recreational drugs that is.
I think they will make inroads, they have to given all the early picks they have.... but I think the Giants will get there first and will be a lot better than them...
The damage has potentially already been done

But time may run out for the Suns to win a Premiership while Gaz is still playing.

True.

But his stint at GC will be remembered moreso as a mercenary move that failed and tainted his career whereas he would've earned enormous respect as a one club player.

Anyhow, what's done is done. All beside the point now.

No, but he gave up the 2011 premiership to play for the Suns, for sure. Then you have to consider that he would have made us a much better side in 2012, 2013, and 2014. Could have certainly made up the five points that kept us out of the '13 GF.

I don't think he'll win a flag with the Suns. They're so far off it, and it looks like his body is starting to break down after all the years of carrying that side on his own. I don't know if team success is really his main priority or main driving factor. He seems like he puts a lot of value in individual accolades and seems genuinely disappointed when he misses out on Brownlows, so he's probably more so motivated by money and personal success. If he'd wanted premiership medals to add to his collection, he would have stayed in Geelong. In the short-term, in the prime of his career, that would have been his absolute best chance to win another flag or two.

He already missed one for sure. Maybe more.

And that's almost beside the point. He would be loathing the environment there now. And a small, mean-spirited part of me is happy about that.

He already missed one for sure. Maybe more.

And that's almost beside the point. He would be loathing the environment there now. And a small, mean-spirited part of me is happy about that.

Yep, gotta agree.

He put himself ahead of the team, his mates, and its bitten him on the arse.

I'm not proud in admitting it, but there's a part of me that feels a smug sense of karma at play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, gotta agree.

He put himself ahead of the team, his mates, and its bitten him on the arse.

I'm not proud in admitting it, but there's a part of me that feels a smug sense of karma at play.

I won't be happy until he's retired without seeing any success with them, though. I'd love him to retire with the club still in a shambles, knowing that the years he spent there to build the franchise were essentially wasted.

I won't be happy until he's retired without seeing any success with them, though. I'd love him to retire with the club still in a shambles, knowing that the years he spent there to build the franchise were essentially wasted.

Yeah, the spiteful gremlin in me feels the same way.

Good grief BB, we're agreeing on something! :confused: :p

So pretending to inject yourself gets you a warning but actually Injecting real illegal drugs gets you nothing from the AFL.
Makes sense. What a world we live in. The AFL is like a strict school teacher at times. You should see what players get away with in other sports

Ahhh so Gaz will see out his playing days at the Gold Coke Suns. Basket case they are right now, far from a flag, head up though Gaz!!
Closer to a flag than us.

And I reckon the extra 10 properties by age 50 will sooth his comfort.

Injections at Essendon were also legal
We're talking about different things I think. The injections Essendon took were not legal otherwise what's the last two years been all about...

and the difference being at the time they were legal, later banned but legal.

Essendon however, not legal....
I thought Brisbane was doing IV hydration. And yes the AFL later put the kibosh on it.

We're talking about different things I think. The injections Essendon took were not legal otherwise what's the last two years been all about...
The injections were legal.

The last 2 years has been about what was in them.
But they were legal.

But.....there's a thread for you for this right?

I thought Brisbane was doing IV hydration. And yes the AFL later put the kibosh on it.
They did IV massively. But they injected at 1/2 time too.
Painkillers were rampant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back