Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyfe out of rest of H&A. Might miss the brownlow after his sluggish second half of the season
I think so too. So between 2007-16 Geelong would have had 3 Brownlow medal winners on it's list. :thumbsu:

I wouldn't mind them trailing Thursday night as our night...

CommentPhotos.com_1406632775.jpg

Thursday night prior to a Friday public holiday is OK. I think there'll always be a die hard group of supporters who'll go no matter the night. The secret I think to having a Thursday night game when it's on a school night is have it as a twilight game so most families are home by 9pm at the latest.

And how are these parents of these families meant to get to the game before the first bounce when they finish work at 5/6pm? Not to mention the one hour drive to Geelong (for those in Melbs). :)

And how are these parents of these families meant to get to the game before the first bounce when they finish work at 5/6pm? Not to mention the one hour drive to Geelong (for those in Melbs). :)
Sadly it's more about what the networks want than what we game-going punters want. They are paying big bucks and want their pound of flesh.

Well since it would probably only be once a season at the most for any team to play Thursday night, I guess the family will have to organise it so they can get to it. Since the fixture is out in December they have plenty of time. What's not to say Geelong wouldn't get one at Simonds Stadium, it wouldn't be so bad for locals.

Im sick of hearing about how hard done by Melbourne based Cats fans are when it comes to night games in Geelong.

What about when they play Friday night at the MCG how many Geelong based fans still make the trip up after work and how many like me have been making that trip for the best part of 25 years, don't hear them complaining because its what Locals of the Geelong region have always done.

Its about time when we play night footy at KP that Melbourne based fans made the trip down for night matches wether they be Thursday Friday Saturday or Sunday Night

It's not like we have a stadium with lights either...

Im sick of hearing about how hard done by Melbourne based Cats fans are when it comes to night games in Geelong.

What about when they play Friday night at the MCG how many Geelong based fans still make the trip up after work and how many like me have been making that trip for the best part of 25 years, don't hear them complaining because its what Locals of the Geelong region have always done.

Its about time when we play night footy at KP that Melbourne based fans made the trip down for night matches wether they be Thursday Friday Saturday or Sunday Night
picard_clapping.gif

I agree with regard to Friday and Saturday - after all, as you point out, it's been done with regard to Geelong fans going the other way - but Thursday and Sunday nights are surely taking the pee one double-s? With a regional club like Geelong, it's reasonable to assume that fans will be based in both cities and no matter how you do it, people will be getting home at around midnight which just isn't workable the night before work/uni/school*.

*Well, ok, Uni at least then :p

I agree with regard to Friday and Saturday - after all, as you point out, it's been done with regard to Geelong fans going the other way - but Thursday and Sunday nights are surely taking the pee one double-s? With a regional club like Geelong, it's reasonable to assume that fans will be based in both cities and no matter how you do it, people will be getting home at around midnight which just isn't workable the night before work/uni/school*.

*Well, ok, Uni at least then :p
Its a decision that each of us make but the way Melbourne based supporters carry on about time slots and how much it effects them makes me sick if I had my way Geelong would play every home game at KP every year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a decision that each of us make but the way Melbourne based supporters carry on about time slots and how much it effects them makes me sick if I had my way Geelong would play every home game at KP every year
Be selective about who you listen to, there are always a few funny ones ;)

I'd have no issue with playing at KP every home game if we actually had the capacity. Would be madness to play Hawthorn etc. there, though, with the ground in its current state.

Be selective about who you listen to, there are always a few funny ones ;)

I'd have no issue with playing at KP every home game if we actually had the capacity. Would be madness to play Hawthorn etc. there, though, with the ground in its current state.
I may be madness but once stage 4 is complete there will be no excuses

Fyfe out of rest of H&A. Might miss the brownlow after his sluggish second half of the season
Not all that impressed by Barrett's view here http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-28/sliding-doors-round-22 except for - we're all to be serious about this ... ... Fyfe's actions last weekend were worthy of a fine and therefore Brownlow ineligibility. He would've been fined had it been round two and had no priors. The beauty of pliable guidelines is you can do what you want, when you want.

Read (my view), play to AFL agenda or become outcasts. Hello Geelong :D

Do we even fill KP?
After the new stands are built what will the stadium look like, is there any artists impressions of it floating around on BF?
Why are Geelong supporters viewed by other fans as handbaggers and not as supportive as other teams supporters?
I've heard so many times that cats fans don't cheer and get amongst it. Is it because we have a lot of elderly supports at the games I dont know, in a way I can see what they mean we arent collectively as vocal.

Last edited:
Is there a family function on in Tassie today ?
Lots and lots of empty seats at Hawforn v Lions

What's going to be interesting to see how well crowd numbers and general fan receptiveness down here stand up if/when the Hawks drop off a bit. It's easy to get behind a fake 'home town' side when they are consistently touring around the state with premiership cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back