Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All dwarves can relax - no Mad Monday for StKilda
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-03/no-mad-monday-celebrations-for-saints-this-year

tumblr_inline_nmn8udgNLY1rku3fs_500.gif

What do we think of North resting half their team tomorrow... which should lock in the Crows to a Melbourne final as a result (barring a massive choke by the Tigers)

Personally I don't mind it... they can't move and are just doing exactly what they think will help them the next 4 weeks (they obviously want to play 4 games..)

What do we think of North resting half their team tomorrow... which should lock in the Crows to a Melbourne final as a result (barring a massive choke by the Tigers)

Personally I don't mind it... they can't move and are just doing exactly what they think will help them the next 4 weeks (they obviously want to play 4 games..)
I want North and Adelaide eliminated in the first week so I hope North become rusty and we beat up on the Crows

I don't have a problem with it. Not sure why people seem so upset about it. Clubs should be able to use their lists however they want, provided they aren't playing with the purpose of losing. The Kangaroos and Fremantle aren't doing that; they just think there's more benefit in resting players prior to their finals games than winning their games this week. It's a long season, so managing players well, especially coming into finals, should be part of a team's strategy. That said, I'm not sure how much the mass resting of players prior to finals really helps, other than by ensuring important players won't be injured prior to the first week.

So who is going to be the first coach to cry that they lost the game because they got an early injury and were one short on the bench? :)
Brad Scott... no contest

If Mick was still coaching then it would have been him

I don't have a problem with it. Not sure why people seem so upset about it. Clubs should be able to use their lists however they want, provided they aren't playing with the purpose of losing. The Kangaroos and Fremantle aren't doing that; they just think there's more benefit in resting players prior to their finals games than winning their games this week. It's a long season, so managing players well, especially coming into finals, should be part of a team's strategy. That said, I'm not sure how much the mass resting of players prior to finals really helps, other than by ensuring important players won't be injured prior to the first week.
My father in law is dirty as a Crows fan as they have the mindset it's cost them a home final, I did point out that I would have tipped Richmond anyway so I don't think it changes anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My father in law is dirty as a Crows fan as they have the mindset it's cost them a home final, I did point out that I would have tipped Richmond anyway so I don't think it changes anything
Yeah we all know Richmond won't lose this week. They're saving that for next week :D

Totally perfect thing to do. Any negative comment about that in this completely flawed competition is pure hypocrisy.
Crows and any other team could do it.
NM has had some experience in finals now, will show Richmond nothing of their finals game plan, and will likely beat them when it counts as they always do.

Totally perfect thing to do. Any negative comment about that in this completely flawed competition is pure hypocrisy.
Crows and any other team could do it.
NM has had some experience in finals now, will show Richmond nothing of their finals game plan, and will likely beat them when it counts as they always do.
in the round ball code, they rotate their squad, and its no big deal
seriously people make everything a big deal

Yet if any team not playing finals dropped half the side to make sure of draft picks, they would risk threats and fines from the AFL.

Pure hypocrisy.

Any team that goes into the last round dropping more than 4 players due to 'rest' should then lose a draft spot for every player dropped.

in the round ball code, they rotate their squad, and its no big deal
seriously people make everything a big deal

It's impossible to compare AFL to other codes, especially the round ball game, due to the fixture, salary caps, drafting as well as the numerous leagues and comps soccer teams play over a season.

Yet if any team not playing finals dropped half the side to make sure of draft picks, they would risk threats and fines from the AFL.

Pure hypocrisy.

Any team that goes into the last round dropping more than 4 players due to 'rest' should then lose a draft spot for every player dropped.
Disagree. Their rules are clear as long as they're not doing it to manipulate their finals draw (opponent) then it's A OK. That's definitely not the case with Fremantle and I think NM are guaranteed to be playing in Melbourne.

Their number 1 objective is to best prepare their side to win a premiership and Freo feel not sending sore players to travel is best for that whilst NM want to rest players as they'll have to win 4 matches to be premiers. I agree with them being able to use their squad in any way they see fit to maximise the chance of winning the premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back