Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and Ayres also flattened Ablett with a terrific bump too. Ablett's and Buddha's efforts were completely fair as well. Tough, but fair.
Both Buddha and Gaz would have been like getting hit with a block of granite... so no matter how fair the bump was the bloke getting hit wad in a world of pain :D

Am I right in thinking over the course of the game
- Buddha ironed out Platten
- Dipper ironed out Buddha
- and then Gaz ironed out Dipper?

**** it was a different world back then
Yup…
You got hit and you squared up later…

Don't mind the thuggery out of the game, but there is a lot to be said for being able to even it up. Guess you can't have it both ways.

Go Catters

sauron256

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Taz
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching the replay. Halfway through the first quarter, and Hawthorn players are stinking it up everywhere. Mitchell's had two shots at goal from about 30m out and both of them were marked by the Irish goalkeeper.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

You forgot the most important news from the game

INJURIES
Australia: Nil

tumblr_inline_nui1ndEnw11shrb8p_500.gif

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching the replay. Halfway through the first quarter, and Hawthorn players are stinking it up everywhere. Mitchell's had two shots at goal from about 30m out and both of them were marked by the Irish goalkeeper.
And a Hodge turnover leads to another Irish score, 10 minutes after he was outmarked by an Irishman 20m out.

1. I like your posting
2. I think you don't post here enough
3. I don't believe you are impartial when you post about Hawthorn
4. See 1. above.

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong

Hopefully a sign of things to come & age starting to catch up with the veterans at Hawthorn.

I'd forgotten it was on, and even happier I didn't see it.
I woke up, remembered it was on... and my first instinct was to check for injuries
Couldn't care less about the result, the game, the skills, who played well etc... just was dreading reading that Danger was hurt

Thankfully it all worked out ok it seems

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Taylor was pretty good, especially in the second half when the whole team lifted. Took some of the big grabs that are the trademark of his game at his best. Hopefully he can do more of that next year. Dangerfield didn't do a lot, but I'm glad both of them got away from it unscathed.

The whole concept is a pretty pointless exercise for a number of different reasons (the biggest one in my mind being that it's hardly a 'hybrid' game and it would be impossible to make a compromise between the two codes that would be fair for both), but as long as no one gets hurt, I guess it's fine for what it is.

One thing that did stand out was that, based on quality of commentary alone, you wouldn't think the Australians had the professional league and the Irish were the amateurs. Really highlighted how shithouse Darcy is (not that that needed further highlighting). He hardly seemed like a commentator, answering their analysis of what was happening in the game with quips like, "Yep, we call him the package in Australia" and "player x from Australia is an out-and-out superstar!"

I woke up, remembered it was on... and my first instinct was to check for injuries
Couldn't care less about the result, the game, the skills, who played well etc... just was dreading reading that Danger was hurt

Thankfully it all worked out ok it seems

Rabbi breathes a sigh of relief.

3. I don't believe you are impartial when you post about Hawthorn

If that is true Fred, then he is certainly no Lone Ranger on the Geelong forum.

Jon Douglas

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow people are quick. Just got here to ay the poor lad has done his foot again ! And it has been here for some time already.

I have heard that the guy could be very good - well credentialed and will hurt their development as a team gong forward being a KPB.

Having lost Freeman things are not looking as good as I would have thought at the Pies. I saw them as transitioning under Buckley and would be a better side next season. A possible top 8 contender for sure. They have recruited reasonably well but seem to have Geelong's curse of just too many injuries.But with so much competition for 5-8 th on the table - if they have any more news they may have to wait until 2017 for their rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back