News 2015 Onfield Jumper & Club Logo - HERITAGE IT IS!

Remove this Banner Ad

images
upload_2014-5-31_20-37-40.jpeg upload_2014-5-31_20-37-51.jpeg

upload_2014-5-31_20-38-13.jpeg upload_2014-5-31_20-38-22.jpeg upload_2014-5-31_20-40-45.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-31_20-36-36.jpeg
    upload_2014-5-31_20-36-36.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 9
Thrilled with this news.
THIS is the Carlton logo I love.
It also means we will reintroduce the 'Premiership Quarter' and destroy teams in the third with a blast of eight goals in ten minutes.
It was always the jumper that made it happen!
Go Blues.

Good to see. The other nice thing is that the current monogram will form some kind of zeitgeist. I always liked the way certain designs and sponsors make you remember other things going on in the world and your life.

I'm going to have to get over to Melbourne one day and go to a VFL game at Princes Park, feel Carlton for what it truly is.
Do it
Back in November 2006, I returned to Melbourne to the first time since 1983. While I went there with the intention of finally finding my father's grave (which we did), I also wanted to go to the Carlton shop.
When we arrived at Princes Park, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had arrived just as the team were beginning a training run.It was a great 60 or so minutes sitting at the fence watching the team go through its pre-season paces. Had a bit of a chat with Brett Ratten as we occasionally retrieved balls that were kicked our way.Little did anyone know, that by the time the following season was out, Ratts would be calling the shots rather than collecting footy's.
After training, we wandered around the club and (me especially) soaked up the history of the place.Admired the Premiership cups and priceless memoribilia that was there.Spent a stack of money in the shop and then had the privelege of nearly being run over by Denis Pagan as we returned to our car.
The following time we went there was on "mad Monday" 2009. As we spent up in the shop, Brendan Fevola was parading a giant-sized dildo :eek:.
Next time we'll be back there is next March. Looking forward to buying a 2015 jumper and just generally spending up big again.
So yeah, you get the chance, do it. You won't regret it.

Like the idea of going back to the Carlton jumper that we have won nearly all of our premierships in. The modern one looked good and looked modern but our time in that strip has been pretty average and run its race, 0 premierships, one grand final appearance Vs ...well you know.

Besides what was old is new, every one likes the retro look and what that old jumper with the old logo is associated with far better memories than the modern looking more rounded ones have been.

like it

So, we can get this design on woollen jumpers next year ?
I dont think that they are going quite that retro... but apparently there are long sleeve jumpers down there this year. Whether they are woolen ones or not, I dont know 100%

To be honest, I love our new logo (as you can see from my avatar) but the old design was bold, and it showed what this club should be. Arrogant, and in your face!

If we can incorporate both designs into eachother (interrupted sections like the new letters) then I think it will be pretty sweet.
I can try mock up what I mean. But I have other things to do :D

But this does look great (has Juddy been photoshopped into this?)
150GalleryHero.jpg

To be honest, I love our new logo (as you can see from my avatar) but the old design was bold, and it showed what this club should be. Arrogant, and in your face!

If we can incorporate both designs into eachother (interrupted sections like the new letters) then I think it will be pretty sweet.
I can try mock up what I mean. But I have other things to do :D

But this does look great (has Juddy been photoshopped into this?)
150GalleryHero.jpg
they've all been photo shopped into the pic..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they've all been photo shopped into the pic..
I really did not notice the others, but Judd's lighting definitely looks off compared to the other players.

Anyway, we're (supposedly) getting that monogram back! That's all that matters :)

However, with the AFL rules, new guernsey submissions have to be given one season before it happens. So, it would most likely be in 2016, as this is the first we've heard of it, unless Carlton offered it before this season. But we can't be sure they did.

I really did not notice the others, but Judd's lighting definitely looks off compared to the other players.

Anyway, we're (supposedly) getting that monogram back! That's all that matters :)

However, with the AFL rules, new guernsey submissions have to be given one season before it happens. So, it would most likely be in 2016, as this is the first we've heard of it, unless Carlton offered it before this season. But we can't be sure they did.
It's the 'lighting'...

it's not a new guernsey submission... we are just asking to use an old design :) And considering that we probably had to ask about it for the heritage jumper this year, we could have just asked to keep the design going.

i work on photo shop all day...obvious to my eyes...
Fair enough.
it's not a new guernsey submission... we are just asking to use an old design :) And considering that we probably had to ask about it for the heritage jumper this year, we could have just asked to keep the design going.
Yes, but it is still a change of the current guernsey. Like Brisbane had to do with the Paddlepop lion and the Fitzroy, and now West Coast's tripanel and the wings.

I welcome this change....I've had the same jumper for close to 15 years (current logo - got it circa 1999 with number 12 stitched onto the back), and would buy a new one if it had the old style logo on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back