Unofficial Preview 2015 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Was hoping to land Skinner here, and looking back, probably should have taken one of Skinner/McKay at my first pick because North need another forward target with Waite and Petrie both on the slide. Not many decent key forward prospects popping up at the moment, and given North's drafting of key defenders last year, I'm going to go best available at this pick:

Pick 30: North Melbourne select Luke Partington:
18 cm, 75 kg Midfielder

Another solid midfielder to come through with North's aging midfield. Partington is very similar to Ryan Griffen in my opinion. Capable inside and outside the contest, he is a player who is jsut a natural footballer, in my opinion. Kicking is good without being outstanding, speed good without being electric, but it is his offensive mindset that makes Partington a solid player. Looks to take the ball forward at every opportunity, particularly through the middle of the ground. If Ryan Clarke is a replacement for Wells, Partington is a replacement for Dal Santo.

Ancient Tiger

Pick 31: Collingwood select Daniel Rioli

With the trading of Ben Kennedy, Collingwood are looking for a replacement small forward and could have a gem in Rioli. Lightening fast with sure hands he has many of the traits of the the Rioli clan. Daniel is still raw but the upside is huge. The pies could have the steal of the draft picking Rioli up at 31.

Back to you Grockadoc.

Going for a key position player here, and one who I personally think has a lot to work with, but is also someone who has question marks, and many will see as a massive reach here, but I believe he has the best potential of any key forward left at this pick:

Pick 32: Dylan Smith
198 cm, 81 kg Key Forward.

Smith is a speculative pick, but also one who offers tremendous upside if it pays off. A tall, lanky forward who is extremely athletic, Smith is very mobile and is almost the perfect prototype centre half forward. Needs to bulk up a lot as he is still very slight, but I see him playing a similar role to Nick Riewoldt in years to come.

bananatigz

Pick 33: Gold Coast- Kieran Lovell
Height: 174cm, Weight: 80kg

The obvious question mark is his height, and was somewhat hesitant on taking him given Prestia's height, but I think he's just about the best available talent left on the board and I think he has a few strings to his bow. Dominated the u18 Champs, even though it was in Div 2, averaging 25 touches and a goal a game, winning the Tassie MVP and getting an AA gig. Is very strong inside and finds a lot of the ball in the contest and the obvious question is whether he can translate that against the bigger bodies in the AFL. In his favour his his speed and decent disposal which allows him effective on the outside giving him an extra dimension if he struggles on the inside at AFL level, and he is good overhead which allows him to play a bit taller. If his height doesn't hold him back think he will make a very tidy little player.

Stylo

Hi guy's we are having our mock draft on our board..I had Richmond and picked

Jade Gresham..I think he's the best small forward/Mid in this draft and should work well under Rielwoldt Griffin etc

Second selection i picked David Cunningham
He has electric pace and evassiveness and was stoked to pick him up at 48

Hope i didn't let ya down :D

Hi guy's we are having our mock draft on our board..I had Richmond and picked

Jade Gresham..I think he's the best small forward/Mid in this draft and should work well under Rielwoldt Griffin etc

Second selection i picked David Cunningham
He has electric pace and evassiveness and was stoked to pick him up at 48

Hope i didn't let ya down :D
Gresham is on our radar,But depends on who was also available.:D

Well I think Stylo has had long enough.

So the Bulldogs get the next name on Brett Andersons Phantom

35. Brayden Fiorini 187cm 76kg Midfielder

tiger_of_old is up

36.Mitch Brown(West Coast) (VIC – KPP)
Height: 196cm, Weight: 93kg, DOB: 28/08/1990
Recruited from: Sandringham (VFL)

Bit early but more than likely gone by next pick.W/Coast are in their window.Don't want a repeat of last year in losing McKenzie,Mitchell Brown and McGovern's wonky shoulder.Very good back up Mitch Brown brings to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pick 37 Port Adelaide
James Parsons Height: 189cm, Weight: 75kg
Potentially could be anything as a midfielder, once he gets into the system and develops his body!

Pick 38 Jesse Glass-McCasker

A backman to help out with what's his face retiring and he can pinch hit as a FOWARD
Really Like JGM, So much Alex Rance about him

would be the player i would be hoping slides to our #47 - Not gonna happen though
pick 37 Port Adelaide
James Parsons
Height: 189cm, Weight: 75kg
Potentially could be anything as a midfielder, once he gets into the system and develops his body!
Another i like - They are falling like flies now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back