Unofficial Preview 2015 Phantom Draft

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Pick 55: Collingwood - Davin Ferreira NT

Having already scooped Rioli at 31, the pies will hope that this pair will be like the Krakouer brothers reincarnated. Many judges feel that Ferreira is the better player of the two and with both roaming the forward line, opposition backmen will be extremely nervous.

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Should as Bishop to do an Analysis of each teams selections and grade them - Would be interesting to see his thoughts

Happy to if I get time- Post the completion of our Phantom- So impressive hauls & a few other players who probably won't be national draft at this stage.

Bishop finally gets a crack

About time! Thought I'd do something different and take some lower picks, a few on the board who I like- So watch this space!!!

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Pick 56: Geelong- Nash Holmes
H: 181cm
W: 82kg

Vic Country/ Gippsland Power

I had a few names to consider here, but down the Highway we're looking at bringing in a young inside midfielder. With names such as Dangerfield & Selwood x2 to learn from, Nash Holmes is expected to flourish at the Cattery.

Nash is an inside midfielder and a hard in & under player. Averaging nearly 8 tackles per game, indicates he has strong desire to win the footy. His efforts in a TAC Cup game against Oakleigh (which I saw live) confirmed to me that he is someone I'd want at my club. He had 26 disposals (15 cont), 7 clearances and was one of Gippsland's best players in that game. Holmes had 16 tackles in that match in the wet and destroyed the Oakleigh midfielders. Holmes is a pretty good kick, with only 1 game having more ineffective kicks than effective in the TAC. As an inside mid & tackling machine, Holmes should perform well down in the VFL for the Cats & I expect him to get a chance at AFL Level in 2016.

U18 Stats:
TAC Cup Averaged 25.6 disposals (13.9 contested)
Champs Averaged 16 disposals (6.5 contested)- Didn't spend as much time as he would at TAC Cup in the middle of the ground.

Gippsland Power coach Leigh Brown spoke about him being compared to Dayne Beams in Brett Anderson's Draft form guide in the 'Inside Football'

Highlights:

Back