Player Sponsorship 2015 Player Sponsorship

Should we vote on new players, or renew Pearce Hanley, Michael Close and Lewis Taylor as a minimum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Bigfooty Lions Board Player Sponsorship

Overview

The Brisbane Lions enable supporters to sponsor individual players for a year, costing between $380 and $830, depending on the seniority of the player.

In return, sponsors get an opportunity to meet their player and a signed guernsey or photo, among other goodies.

Each year BigFooty organises group sponsorships, with minimum contributions starting from just $50. We collectively vote on which players to sponsor, with votes weighted by the amount you've contributed.

Then once the sponsorships are finalised, we raffle out the individual prizes to participants. Again, the more you've contributed, the more "raffle tickets" you get.

In essence, it is a cheap way of contributing to our Club, while having a decent chance of "winning a prize" in return.

It has proved very popular, particularly over the last few years, raising more than $12000 for the Club, with dozens of users sharing in the "prize-pool".

This year we'd like to lift the bar yet again, so we're aiming to raise $3000.

(See Post #2 to keep tabs on how we're tracking)

If you're interested in taking part, then please read on:

Sponsorship Details

How much does an individual sponsorship cost?

http://membership.lions.com.au/packages/view/230/Player_Sponsorship

Code:
Category 1 - Leadership group                        $830.00

Category 2 - Players with 100 or more AFL games $600.00

Category 3 - Players with 20-99 AFL games        $500.00

Category 4 - Player with less than 20 AFL games $380.00

NB There's a per player limit of 4 sponsors in Queensland and 4 sponsors in Victoria.

What do sponsors get in return?

• Welcome letter from your sponsored player/s

• Option of signed guernsey or a signed and framed photograph of your sponsored player/s

• Recognition in the Season Review magazine and Club website lions.com.au

QLD player sponsors also receive

• Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and a guest speaker

VIC player sponsors also receive

• Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and the opportunity to meet and mingle with your sponsored player (subject to player availability) and other Lions senior team members.

BigFooty Group Sponsorship Details

If you'd like to be a part of our group sponsorship, simply state the amount you'd like to contribute in this thread along with your 1 vote for the first sponsored player, then I will send you my bank details via Private Message.

• the minimum contribution is $50

• for each $25, a user gets a 1 vote for the players they would like to see sponsored.

• we will organise a purchase of a sponsorship for whoever is the leading vote getter. If that player is sold out we will arrange for the player with the 2nd most votes to be sponsored

• any remaining funds will go towards the next sponsorship. Voting for the previous sponsorship will be wiped, and users will be invited to resubmit votes, so try to keep an eye on the thread title so you know when to vote again.

• once all sponsorships are complete, the prizes will be allocated. This is done at the end to give everyone equal opportunity to win prizes. Users are given a raffle entry for each $25 they contribute, and with that raffle entry they choose which prize they would like to be in the pool for. The winners will then be drawn at random, and we will convey postage details to the club so that the winners can receive their prize.

BigFooty Contribution

• each year Chief contributes $200 towards each club's player sponsorship(s)

• all contributors will get a sponsorship badge (aka BigFooty Bling), which can be seen under a poster's username (like my "Beams 12" tag). Posters will be able to choose which of the sponsored players they want on their badge.

• users who contribute $50 will receive a free BigFooty Gold sponsorship for 12 months. Benefits.

• users who contribute $100 or more will receive a free BigFooty platinum sponsorship for 12 months. Benefits.

Dates

• the commencement of the sponsorships will begin when the Lions office have processed our sponsorship purchase.

• the completion of the sponsorships will probably be in late March. In 2014 the Victorian sponsor function was held in May. To allow enough time to send out the invites, sponsorships had to be completed by April 1st. On top of that we will need at least two weeks to organise the raffle of prizes, and to collect the postage details for the winners.

No contributions will be accepted after March 23rd

Players to be purchased March 26th

Who can be Sponsored?

• any of the players on the senior list

• any of the players on the rookie list

• not the scholarship players

History of Sponsorships on the Brisbane Lions Board

2007: Richard Hadley

2008: Daniel Merrett

2009: -

2010: Simon Black, Brendan Fevola and Todd Banfield

2011: Tom Rockliff, Todd Banfield, Ryan Harwood and Jared Polec

2012: Patrick Karnezis, Tom Rockliff, Cal Bartlett, Ryan Lester, Josh Green, Billy Longer & Jared Polec

2013: Claye Beams, Jared Polec, Daniel Rich, Mitch Golby, Elliot Yeo, Josh Green & Billy Longer

2014: Lewis Taylor, Michael Close, & Pearce Hanley

Keeping updated

Post #2 will be regularly updated with all details of this year's sponsorship(s). When action is required (like voting), we'll update the thread subject accordingly, so if you can, try to check in at least once a week.

Players no longer available

All available at this point.

IMPORTANT: POST OR MESSAGE THAT YOU ARE MAKING A PLEDGE AND I WILL FORWARD YOU BANK DETAILS, YOURS VOTES OR AMOUNTS PAID WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED IN ANY WAY UNTIL I HAVE CONFIRMATION YOUR MONEY IS IN THE ACCOUNT!!!

Wanting to make a pledge, then all you have to do is post on this thread or personal message me and we will get the ball rolling.

NAME____________ AMOUNT BANKED
bigfooty.com___________$200.00
WhiteLionFeva _____$100.00
sisterka ___________$150.00
BuntonRules _______$50.00
dlanod ____________$50.00
ZoBlitz ____________$50.00
Elixuh _____________$50.00
pauldrc ____________$50.00
Davemonkey _______$50.00
Lockie ____________$50.00
GingerGreatness __$50.00
BeamStar17 _____$50.00
Simba Moyo _____$50.00
LionKing __________$50.00
Ironmonger ________$50.00
PertRoosOsborne ___$50.00
Dizzle ____________$50.00
matwt73 _________$50.00
Antman78 ________$50.00
royboy2 __________$50.00
Betty Noir _______$100.00
Caiphus ________$50.00
Kabanna _________$50.00
irel _______________$50.00

TOTAL____________$1,550.00

Last edited:
Footy Club just sent me this through:

. What I would recommend is picking a short list and then we can confirm who we have out of your preferred players. As renewing sponsors, you of course take priority over new sponsors, but we do need to get your preferences in asap.

Do we want to renew our players from last year and then vote if needed? Will add vote to close Wednesday.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1ekk5x.jpg

Le bank details pls.

Yup,

In for $50 again.

Looking forward to all my tags filling up a whole page in my posts one day....

Yes, please send for me too.. I'll be in for $50

Back