Not open for further replies.

AD03

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Lewis 538k v Hannebery 578k

Hanners!!! Absolute jet and less likely to miss further games. I see more upside there, not sold on lewis continuing his scoring at that level. Only other consideration is bye rounds, hanners has that tricky round 12 bye.

Ward or treloar????? And why?

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, NE Patriots
Hanners!!! Absolute jet and less likely to miss further games. I see more upside there, not sold on lewis continuing his scoring at that level. Only other consideration is bye rounds, hanners has that tricky round 12 bye.

Treloar, seems to be hitting his game, and has the ability to pump out huge scores as he can move forward.

Ward has been a bit up and down this year without much reason, so that may not change, where as Treloar looks like he has found some consistency

Treloar, seems to be hitting his game, and has the ability to pump out huge scores as he can move forward.

Ward has been a bit up and down this year without much reason, so that may not change, where as Treloar looks like he has found some consistency
Have you considered Ollie Wines? Will be ~500k next week, IMO is more consistent than both your options, yet can still go big, and has the same Bye round as GWS.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lachie Neale (586K) vs David Mundy (576K) vs Dan Hannerbery (578K)?

I like Hanners, but the RD12 bye might screw you.

Neale really cant be ignored though, seems to be getting better as the year goes on.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Amon vs menadue as best downgrade option? Haven't seen either play and have no idea about them.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Amon vs menadue as best downgrade option? Haven't seen either play and have no idea about them.

I think Menadue of the 2, Amon seems like he is just filling in, but Menadue may be given more chance to hold his spot.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Amon has shown a lot more than Menadue in their limited opps

I would say they are on about par, but I think Menadue has a better chance of holding his spot.

We will find out later tonight, as im sure at least one of them will be dropped.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would say they are on about par, but I think Menadue has a better chance of holding his spot.

We will find out later tonight, as im sure at least one of them will be dropped.

Amon suits my bye structure a lot better. But that's no use to me if he isn't playing!

AD03

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Have you considered Ollie Wines? Will be ~500k next week, IMO is more consistent than both your options, yet can still go big, and has the same Bye round as GWS.

Love the wines suggestion - had him at the start of the year before his injury, but with a breakeven of 133 I'm probably not willing to commit after 1 game back.

I would love to squeeze him in to my midfield but if i get treloar or ward itll leave only 1 spot to fill which i think ill reserve for sloane once back or selwood when he shows a bit.

I'm loving watching GWS go about it at the minute so from a spectator perspective I want a player to cheer for when they're playing.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda

Actually really like the wines suggestion too. I have enough to buy any mid up to 575k (already have Parker). Was looking at beams, Lewis, Shiel and ward, but wines is a good POD from them. Plus, I want someone with the round 13 bye.

And really, even if he does drop another 10-15k this week, what's it matter is he's a keeper?
It's certainly got me thinking... Good work! ;)

Love the wines suggestion - had him at the start of the year before his injury, but with a breakeven of 133 I'm probably not willing to commit after 1 game back.

I would love to squeeze him in to my midfield but if i get treloar or ward itll leave only 1 spot to fill which i think ill reserve for sloane once back or selwood when he shows a bit.

I'm loving watching GWS go about it at the minute so from a spectator perspective I want a player to cheer for when they're playing.
Wouldn't get Wines this week, I was talking about next week. I'm arguing you should hold a week and get him ahead of Ward or Treloar.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!

99, 106, 110, 140, 84, 131, 83, 109

They are Wards scores so far.

Wouldn't call that up and down mate.

Also averaging 107.

Hasn't even put on the afterburners yet like when he did last year.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Lewis is the Hawks main ball getter and plays for the premiers.

Why wouldn't be keep pumping out good scores for? o_O

AD03

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Lewis is the Hawks main ball getter and plays for the premiers.

Why wouldn't be keep pumping out good scores for? o_O

The element that lewis is in his 10th year and has averaged over once before (last year) and never over 115. The hawks strength is in their evenness and depth - they share the load around a lot based on need form also which can impact.

I like the projectory hanners has been on, also his first year over a 100 average last year but in only his 5th year now in his 6th year i see a 115 av on the cards and a push to full elite status. Just my opinion.

The other consideration with lewis is missing games, without looking at any stats my gut feel would say he has a higher tendency to miss games than hanners through suspension in particular.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The element that lewis is in his 10th year and has averaged over once before (last year) and never over 115. The hawks strength is in their evenness and depth - they share the load around a lot based on need form also which can impact.

I like the projectory hanners has been on, also his first year over a 100 average last year but in only his 5th year now in his 6th year i see a 115 av on the cards and a push to full elite status. Just my opinion.

The other consideration with lewis is missing games, without looking at any stats my gut feel would say he has a higher tendency to miss games than hanners through suspension in particular.

Think I'm going to get JPK in instead as it suits my byes better.

Out of my 3 byes I'm missing the most mids in round 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back