Universal Love 2015 Port on TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Derm is just s**t scared Port is going beat his beloved Hawks.

He sees Port comin' like you see a storm billowing on the horizon. And when we get to him, we're gonna rain down on him and soak that peroxide blonde * until he's drenched.

I couldn't stand the way Derm was talking about butch on the weekend. Just found it so rude and obnoxious, I actually kinda liked him prior to Saturday. Hope butch and the boys show him up this year!

Derm is just s**t scared Port is going beat his beloved Hawks.

I couldn't finish watching...his delusional analysis. No team puts the cue in the rack after the 3rd in a prelim. Not in this modern era, they would have discussed Ports 4th quarter surges all week going into the game

yes he says "it's never over against Hawthorn" which proved he was just coming from a place of bias and trying to undersell how close we came. also how funny is that low camera angle from the middle of the desk? so unflattering! be surprised if that's not canned..

I cringed every time Derm opened his mouth during that roundtable segment.

I remember during the Melbourne game in Alice Springs last year he and Tony Shaw basically outright supporting the Demons for the upset for most of the day. I didn't see the game on the weekend to listen to his comments, but he seems to have a track record of being a really average special comments man for our games.

I remember Dermie on League Teams for the first half of 2012 saying our best 15 to 18 players are as good as any side outside the top 4 but we have no depth. The rest of the footy world were saying we were hopeless full stop. Some of you guys have got to stop being so sensitive. FFS he said he thinks we will make the grand final. We arent a perfect team. He was picking out some of those imperfections. Nothing wrong with that.

I remember Dermie on League Teams for the first half of 2012 saying our best 15 to 18 players are as good as any side outside the top 4 but we have no depth. The rest of the footy world were saying we were hopeless full stop. Some of you guys have got to stop being so sensitive. FFS he said he thinks we will make the grand final. We arent a perfect team. He was picking out some of those imperfections. Nothing wrong with that.

"What did he say?"

"It wasn't so much what he said, it was the way that he said it!"

"Well then, how did he say it?!"

"I don't remember exactly, but the message was clear: our club stinks!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"What did he say?"

"It wasn't so much what he said, it was the way that he said it!"

"Well then, how did he say it?!"

"I don't remember exactly, but the message was clear: our club stinks!"
Are you saying he said our club stinks or is that your interpretation of what others think he was really saying??. Thats not my interpretation.

Are you saying he said our club stinks or is that your interpretation of what others think he was really saying??. Thats not my interpretation.

I thought Dermie's role on that program was to be the antagonist and provide counter arguments, he just didn't do it too well at all.

There were some negative over tones but more the negative side to reality. I can live with what they said. I agree depth is still a concern for us, but it's getting there, we bat slightly deeper this year.

He tried to argue Ryder wants to ruck and not play forward. Brown argued why wouldn't' he want to play forward in that side. Both fair calls, maybe Ryder just wasn't happy at Essendon? His call about the Hawthorn game was weird, over the top and biased, but the old saying, winners are grinners does apply, we didn't take our chances.

Watched the Round Table show on Monday and the thing that stuck out for me was the statistic of finals won 2005-2014...

Crows 4, Port 6

Yeah, I saw Derm as being more 'pro-Hawthorn' than 'anti-Port Adelaide' on Fox Footy the other night. It's clear he's worried about Port this season

Watched the Round Table show on Monday and the thing that stuck out for me was the statistic of finals won 2005-2014...

Crows 4, Port 6
Hinkley is 3-2 in 2 years and Choco with a core group from the flag was 3-2 in 5 years. Choco was 2-7 at the end of 2003 his 5th season. He was 8-9 for his career.

Mumbles was marginally better than Choco over his first 5 years and ended at 3-6 at end of 5 seasons and therefore his career of 7 seasons.

Brereton is the least of our 'media' issues- after years of suffering KG, Cornsey and now Stupid, and the Ambassadors, yeah I wasn't worried about what Dermot had to say about us. Or the way he says it.

No, I like when Dermie is a special comments guy- I find his commentary enlightening esp about tactics and the like.

Crows 4, Port 6

Staggering that in a decade in which we endured the most wretched era in the history of the club we'd still be in the top half of the league for finals won. Speaks volumes really.

Maybe I should clarify. Derm argued poorly that Port weren't as close to Hawthorn in the prelim as the scoreline suggested. Derm's argument was so bad I'm sure the other panel members were embarrassed for him.

Lol, it's a Simpsons quote. I'm saying that people perceive a slight from Dermott because they don't like him, not because of what he actually said.

Atleast victorian shows are spending considerable time discussing us. A few years ago they would have been like "so whats going on in port adelaide? ..........moving on." Never forget where we have come from people.

Well said, the contempt shown to us and the bias against us was one of the reasons
I stopped watching the footy show. Add to that the % of time devoted to Vic teams
at the expense of interstate sides was ridiculous. Dermi(titus) is a pompous prig,
always was and always will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back