2015 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports)

Remove this Banner Ad

And Rocky, Pearce, and Dayne were doing repetitive 150m sprints. Each one they were doing ~ 20s, on 2 minute turnarounds. Rocky was about a second behind the other two. They had quite impressive interval tanks. I'm not sure how that translates into game running.
Was it Dayne Zorko or Dayne Beams? Either way it would have been exciting to see 3 of our gun midfielders sprinting together as competitors gearing up for a big season together:thumbsu:

Was it Dayne Zorko or Dayne Beams? Either way it would have been exciting to see 3 of our gun midfielders sprinting together as competitors gearing up for a big season together:thumbsu:
Beams. Three absolute guns, running together. It was a treat.

It would have been nice to see Aish actually attempt to sing the song at the end of this video.
Part of me wishes he would go already, you can tell his heart isn't at the lions and his contract distraction is taking away from exciting times at the club.

It would have been nice to see Aish actually attempt to sing the song at the end of this video.
Part of me wishes he would go already, you can tell his heart isn't at the lions and his contract distraction is taking away from exciting times at the club.

Oh FFS...

Bugger Aish's smile or singing did you see D Beams' smile. That was something.
Oh and let's not forget Jackson Paine's thighs.

L180c6C.gif

They looked like they had a blast. Anyone who has played competitive sports at any level knows how important team bonding is. Great to see the young guys getting pumped and excited at winning the games.

Regarding aish. Who cares if he sings the song or not. He was at least smiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand where your frustration is coming from and also how you can look at his body language and the difference to the rest. Possibly he might be a reserved type. If you look at he went away with Moloney and Patfull for end of season trips and has been over to eat with Mitch Robbo and also Christensen he might just have an old head on young shoulders. If he again postpones his signing then I think he has shown his hand, till then we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I can understand where your frustration is coming from and also how you can look at his body language and the difference to the rest. Possibly he might be a reserved type. If you look at he went away with Moloney and Patfull for end of season trips .
Who have both left.
and has been over to eat with Mitch Robbo and also Christensen he might just have an old head on young shoulders. If he again postpones his signing then I think he has shown his hand, till then we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
To talk about what it's like playing at other clubs?

You've reassured me, man.
tumblr_kzrwsqeTd31qztriio1_500.png

:p

I can understand where your frustration is coming from and also how you can look at his body language and the difference to the rest. Possibly he might be a reserved type. If you look at he went away with Moloney and Patfull for end of season trips and has been over to eat with Mitch Robbo and also Christensen he might just have an old head on young shoulders. If he again postpones his signing then I think he has shown his hand, till then we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If in another life I was ever in Aish's position I would probably do exactly as he is now doing- that is, nothing. At least, nothing for the moment.

Nothing, that is, until I perceived the lie of the land- ie, how the team is travelling, whether we have the momentum of real improvement behind us, and, most importantly, how I was going myself.

If we are up and about early, and Aish is going as well as we all hope, and he is still a reluctant extendee, then I will join the ranks of the doubters.

In this case, I would suggest someone with authority in the Club has a word in Aish's shell-like and let it be known that while a transfer back home to sleepy city might be his desired outcome, the Lions are no longer patsies for anyone and that GWS, the Doggies, or maybe the Saints are definitely options.

All this is surely getting out of hand. How can you judge someone that critically on the basis of body language.
If you care to have a look at this video which happens to be of Aish after WINNING THE 2012 GRAND FINAL you will see that even after such a significant win, while he may be slighty singing and smiling which he did also do after our win against the Saints in NZ, he really doesn't get that involved.

We seriously need to settle down on all of this, it is ok to worry about whether he will or wont sign but the extent that we seem to be stressing and clutching at straws at the moment is insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back