2015 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports)

Remove this Banner Ad

But is Aish sticking around or what?

I have my best men working on it.
hitting-on-hollywood-best-pickups-of-joker-c51a84f6-4004-4088-a2c5-004c9f1b8233.gif

Went down to have a look at the boys traning today from 9-10am and I gotta say that they all looked sharp and very fit.

Trent West was running laps and Nick Robertson and Jayden were doing what looked like repeat 400 metre sets. Robbo looked in fine condition and barely looked puffed after the sets had finished.

For the hour I was there they were mainly just doing non contact ball work where the ball would be start at a stopage like scenario at the forward flank and then the mids would link into together and the ball would spread from the backline then through the flanks and wings then into the forwards. All the boys worked well together and there skills were sharp. There were a few missed kicks but the players were able to stay composed on the ground level and pick the ball up cleanly and work it nicely through the drill.

In the last 15-20 mins all the first year players ran repeat 200 m sprints while the other boys finished with some goal kicking and on on one contest work. Rockliff outmarked Darcy Gardiner two times in a row and then on the third occassion Gardiner finally spoiled Rocky and all the boys started cheering and getting around him.

While this was going on Lewy Taylor, Green and Mitch Robinson started having some snap shots at goal and the banter between them was quite humerous. They were hitting most of their shots, with Taylor rarely missing the big sticks. At one stage Mitch Robinson looked up at the few of us sitting on the benches and thanked us for coming down and taking time out of our day to watch them train. Seems to be settling in fine up here and lets hope he has a big season and works in well with the mozzie squad!

All in all the boys trained hard, looked switched on, plenty of voice and good skills/fitness!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like Paparone was back in WA on the weekend. Maybe this week is optional.

Went down to have a look at the boys traning today from 9-10am and I gotta say that they all looked sharp and very fit.

Trent West was running laps and Nick Robertson and Jayden were doing what looked like repeat 400 metre sets. Robbo looked in fine condition and barely looked puffed after the sets had finished.

For the hour I was there they were mainly just doing non contact ball work where the ball would be start at a stopage like scenario at the forward flank and then the mids would link into together and the ball would spread from the backline then through the flanks and wings then into the forwards. All the boys worked well together and there skills were sharp. There were a few missed kicks but the players were able to stay composed on the ground level and pick the ball up cleanly and work it nicely through the drill.

In the last 15-20 mins all the first year players ran repeat 200 m sprints while the other boys finished with some goal kicking and on on one contest work. Rockliff outmarked Darcy Gardiner two times in a row and then on the third occassion Gardiner finally spoiled Rocky and all the boys started cheering and getting around him.

While this was going on Lewy Taylor, Green and Mitch Robinson started having some snap shots at goal and the banter between them was quite humerous. They were hitting most of their shots, with Taylor rarely missing the big sticks. At one stage Mitch Robinson looked up at the few of us sitting on the benches and thanked us for coming down and taking time out of our day to watch them train. Seems to be settling in fine up here and lets hope he has a big season and works in well with the mozzie squad!

All in all the boys trained hard, looked switched on, plenty of voice and good skills/fitness!
Accurate report on the training session today I was there from 7.30 so I saw a little bit more of the training. Steff Martin. Missing due to gastro sickness. ... Saw. 3 of the under age 17yr olds from the academy training. Liked the look of all 3 of them... Liked the look of watts the new tassie boy. Claye beams spent a lot of time back in defence in the drills.one thing that really impressed me was was watching big leuy sprint ,for a ruck man he has some toe..redden looks ready to go again and it as good to see rich doing what does well hitting those targets with big kicks and most of the time deadly accurate. Aish. Always. Looks classy once again their seems to be a great rapport with coaches and players .such a great atmosphere to train in.

Reading the article he sounds happy. Would think that being with us for the last month or so is part of that.

Haven't had a Lions player call out Collingwood's lack of fitness since Aker called them fat all those years ago.

:D Really?....aw, you gotta love him!! Would loved to have seen Eddie's face..

I missed that one...hadn't heard about it until your post. I'm still laughing as I post....such an Aker thing!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back