2015 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see D Beams at training on Monday, so can't comment on 2 way running or not. Of course, it's easy to criticise goal-scoring midfielders for not running back the other way, because it's forward running that gets them in goal scoring positions - if they did more defensive work would they score so many goals?

Holy **** your timing to this board coincided with beams trade request.... You couldn't be the most elaborate troll in Collingwood history!!? I mean has anyone ever made Haso this upset before.
I wouldnt know much about Haso anymore, blocked him awhile ago.
I dont understand what u mean. I must be tired or something today as i am not getting posters jokes today. Maybe an early night for me :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-26/lions-back-forward-targets

Apparently Darcy Gardiner is a key player in our forward line this year...

Huh. AFL done gone cray cray.

336328-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Tom Rockliff says Michael Close shapes as a key player in the Lions' forward line this year

Close has really changed his look...

With Jack Redden and Tom Rockliff we have two of the best defensive mids in the game. With those two tackling machines in the side I don't give a **** if Dayne Beams makes a tackle, as long as he is kicking goals for us.

Rockliff and Redden are both great tacklers in close. Their defensive running to space is not strong though. Our defensive structures have sufferred for a number of years because our midfield do not run hard enough to get where they need to be. This was one of the things that was really evident last year when Paparone was playing and when he wasn't. His weakside run papered over quite a bit of inferior running by the others in the midfield group.

Rockliff and Redden are both great tacklers in close. Their defensive running to space is not strong though. Our defensive structures have sufferred for a number of years because our midfield do not run hard enough to get where they need to be. This was one of the things that was really evident last year when Paparone was playing and when he wasn't. His weakside run papered over quite a bit of inferior running by the others in the midfield group.

Paps main strength last season seemed to be protecting space.

Squad for NAB Challenge v St Kilda.

1. Luke McGuane, 4. James Aish, 5. Mitch Robinson, 6. Josh Green, 7. Jed Adcock, 8. Rohan Bewick, 9. Dayne Beams, 10. Daniel Rich, 14. Brent Staker, 15. Dayne Zorko, 17. Claye Beams, 18. Nicholas Robertson, 21. Daniel Merrett, 22. Marco Paparone, 23. Matthew Leuenberger, 25. Daniel McStay, 26. Tom Cutler, 27. Darcy Gardiner, 28. Lewis Taylor, 29. Jaden McGrath, 30. Jack Redden, 31. Harris Andrews, 32. Sam Mayes, 33. Michael Close, 35. Ryan Lester, 38. Tom Rockliff, 32. Justin Clarke, 44. Archie Smith, 47. Zac O’Brien.

1. Luke McGuane, 4. James Aish, 5. Mitch Robinson, 6. Josh Green, 7. Jed Adcock, 8. Rohan Bewick, 9. Dayne Beams, 10. Daniel Rich, 14. Brent Staker, 15. Dayne Zorko, 17. Claye Beams, 18. Nicholas Robertson, 21. Daniel Merrett, 22. Marco Paparone, 23. Matthew Leuenberger, 25. Daniel McStay, 26. Tom Cutler, 27. Darcy Gardiner, 28. Lewis Taylor, 29. Jaden McGrath, 30. Jack Redden, 31. Harris Andrews, 32. Sam Mayes, 33. Michael Close, 35. Ryan Lester, 38. Tom Rockliff, 32. Justin Clarke, 44. Archie Smith, 47. Zac O’Brien.

Pretty strong team but the the best thing is seeing "10. Daniel Rich". No Ste Martin the only glaring absentee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Leppa has something against Joshes. If Greeny wasn't the leading goalkicker...

Good to see Andrews and McGrath get a look in though.

No Goose and Paine is interesting.

Surely D.Beams won't be risked with his recent back issue / not training :confused:

Bold = in my best 22 :cool: (only Christensen + Martin missing)

Is Clarke number meant to be 42?

Anyone else surprised to see Golbs left out?

Thought I'd heard he was having a good preseason.

This looks like one of the strongest sides we've named for a good time.

I'd say we're only Christensen, Martin, Hanley from full strength (and arguably Harwood and Maguire).

Great to see Reddo, Richy, Leuey, Staker (& even McGuane) named!!

Anyone else surprised to see Golbs left out?

Thought I'd heard he was having a good preseason.

This looks like one of the strongest sides we've named for a good time.

I'd say we're only Christensen, Martin, Hanley from full strength (and arguably Harwood and Maguire).

Great to see Reddo, Richy, Leuey, Staker (& even McGuane) named!!
Good point about Golby. Surprised Dawson isn't included, based on glowing training reports. Thought the coaches would be keen to see him in action.
I think there's a lot to look forward to this weekend. For mine I can't wait to see C. Beams off a back flank, Robertson, Andrews, Cutler, McStay, Mayes and Lester in his new role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back