2015 pre-season thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one barely put a kilo on over 2 years in an elite environment then suddenly one year rock up looking like Arnie!?
Change of Coach? As harsh as that sounds to Bluey. Different programs and such.

Or what SUNS mentioned above.

Change of Coach? As harsh as that sounds to Bluey. Different programs and such.

Or what SUNS mentioned above.

I find that hard to believe. Doubt the coach has much say in their weights program.

Saad vs. Swallow. Oh dear!
01_1012_zac.jpg
could have sworn that was karmichael instead of swallow judging by those calves/thighs :eek:

I reckon 2015 will be the year that everyone figures out why Scott Clayton recruited Henry Schade with the GCS first pick in the 2011 draft.

Assuming he has luck with injuries, he will be a 10 year player with the GCS.

At 197cm with a deadly left foot and the ability to run and break lines he is going to create opportunities for the forward line.

It appears that opposition clubs are loading up with multiple 195cm forwards which are going to need to be matched up with similar sized defenders.

Thompson cannot do it by himself and I have always thought May would be better suited as the third tall at 190cm.

Will there be an intra-club next year before the NAB Challenge? Would've thought Rocket would like to get a look at the boys in a match situation especially considering the increase in numbers / new talent now at the club. A Probables Vs Possibles match-up looks quite enticing. The last four or five in the Seniors side are now under a lot more pressure to perform, with the recruitment of Glenn, Saad, Garlett, Miller, Wright and Hallahan.

Will there be an intra-club next year before the NAB Challenge? Would've thought Rocket would like to get a look at the boys in a match situation especially considering the increase in numbers / new talent now at the club. A Probables Vs Possibles match-up looks quite enticing. The last four or five in the Seniors side are now under a lot more pressure to perform, with the recruitment of Glenn, Saad, Garlett, Miller, Wright and Hallahan.

There has been one or two every year so far, but only the most privileged have found there way in to watch ;)

But this year they seem to be more relaxed on fans viewing training, so it could be a more open experience

I reckon 2015 will be the year that everyone figures out why Scott Clayton recruited Henry Schade with the GCS first pick in the 2011 draft.

Been a fan of the way Schadey goes about it in the NEAFL. Especially seeing as he is outweighed, even at that level of footy. Was VERY close (like probably a week) off selection before his ankle injury and never really got back to form after that.

As you know he is as ambidextrous as they come and is a comfortable height. I think he will get his chance. Has learned a lot from spending time up forward to in the past couple of years. My thinking is that was never an attempt to train him to be a forward, but more so to learn how other defenders act.

Key for Schade will be strength in his hips and core, not so much his arms.

Lake and May dominate FFs like Hawkins because while they're short, their core and hips are so strong that they just can't be shoved out of the way easily.

If Schade can avoid getting ragdolled and has developed some strength there too he will be very good for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw his video clip and he looks a likely type. Just wondering where you see him slotting in.
Possibly as sub early if you can upgrade him early. He is physically strong enough to get his own ball particularly in the last quarter with the sting out of the game to a degree, that boot in the last quarter is going to hurt sides and he will find the ball. An outside mid or small defender would be were he has to force a starting spot the trick being how hard he works on the defensive side of his game that being the only criticism I have heard of him although watching at SANFL level I didn't see an issue there. I'm seriously angry Port went over him I want him to go well.

David's presser:
http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2014-12-15/david-swallow-presser

Highlights Adam Saad as one to watch for next year. Really takes the game on. Also notes that Wright moves very well and looks good up forward.

Jaeger on track to be ready for round one.

Far more ball work compared to this time last year. Going by the sounds of it they have limited the number of km's they're running in one hit, but instead doing full ground drills getting in all their running that way. Feels fresher than he did this time last year without all the travelling to Arizona.

Training standards have been tidied up since Rocket came on board.

Hallahan's first run with the main group after his ankle surgery. David says that having more numbers will help the longevity of the mids throughout the year.

Notes Lonergan is expected to play a fair bit of football next year through the midfield with Hallahan to help free up other players to avoid the continual bash and crash.

Zac's looking good and fit.

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-15/light-white-feeling-right
Jessie white flying after shedding 8kg
I know this doesn't have anything to do with the Suns.. But I think if Dixon shed a few more kilos and still managed to attack the man and continue the big pack marking it might help with his injury issues even help with his endurance, could play Smith or Nicholls and Dixon as the back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back