2015 pre-season thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're showing your age there ;)
Ha ha .... So are you if you're bolding the text my friend.

I thought when I typed it, that any of the youngin's would be scratching their heads and thinking "what's a 1964 Holden got to do with my game console" (either that or they're googling it).

Oh, and just for that age group .... Commodores weren't invented in 1964 .... Holden made the 'EH' back then ..... also my first car.

Last edited:
www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2014-11-05/suns-tv-first-day-back

Also looking on other teams boards, alot of the clubs that started today began with a timetrial. I assume the reason we didn't was so Rocket can officially meet everyone and have a look at what he is working with, but I am assuming that we will have one shortly? Seems strange we wouldn't kick off with one.

www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2014-11-05/suns-tv-first-day-back

Also looking on other teams boards, alot of the clubs that started today began with a timetrial. I assume the reason we didn't was so Rocket can officially meet everyone and have a look at what he is working with, but I am assuming that we will have one shortly? Seems strange we wouldn't kick off with one.
Lynch in the presser said that their focus this year is on improving their skills and their fitness work was going to be done chasing balls instead of chasing each other around the boundary line.

They will probably still run the time trials, etc to gauge the players fitness levels, but this may be the exception rather than the rule this pre-season. Would make for far more interesting viewing for training watchers this year.

Lynch in the presser said that their focus this year is on improving their skills and their fitness work was going to be done chasing balls instead of chasing each other around the boundary line.

They will probably still run the time trials, etc to gauge the players fitness levels, but this may be the exception rather than the rule this pre-season. Would make for far more interesting viewing for training watchers this year.

Ah, Okay thanks. yeah, I assume the players would enjoy it more aswell. Plus, its probably for the best that they have a ball in their hands as often as possible during the pre-season, given how poor our disposal can be.

So a 2015 Suns membership doesn't grant you entry to our game against the Lions at Metricon for the NAB Challenge. What a joke. Pisses me off when something's advertised with an asterisk that makes it less attractive than it was.

Last edited:
So a 2015 Suns membership doesn't grant you entry to our game against the Lions at Metricon for the NAB Challenge. What a joke. Pisses me off when something's advertised with an asterisk that makes it less attractive than it was.

Hey mate,

The AFL have confirmed that 2015 GC SUNS members who have access to games (either home or away games) have FREE access (General Admission) to any GC SUNS NAB Challenge game (only).

Information on how members utilise this free access or how to upgrade their access to a reserved seat will be sent via email early next year.

Hey mate,

The AFL have confirmed that 2015 GC SUNS members who have access to games (either home or away games) have FREE access (General Admission) to any GC SUNS NAB Challenge game (only).

Information on how members utilise this free access or how to upgrade their access to a reserved seat will be sent via email early next year.
G'day mate, thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought, but unless I'm misunderstanding something, the Suns website says otherwise.

Screenshot 2014-11-05 at 23.58.41.png

GCFC Digital my question would be to Stephen Schwerdt. With all this talk about doing away with running laps and increasing more skills based sessions, how does he intend to improve our fitness?

My only concern now is that we'll go into the season without the fitness base to run out games for the entire season. I'd like to hear his opinion on how we're now going to get even fitter than last year.

Last edited:
Great to see Bozzo back in the vid on the club website. Let's hope he stays injury-free and gets a good run at it next year. A spot on the forward line is his for the taking :thumbsu:

GCFC Digital my question would be to Stephen Schwerdt. With all this talk about doing away with running laps and increasing more skills based sessions, how does he intend to improve our fitness?

My only concern now is that we'll go into the season without the fitness base to run out games for the entire season. I'd like to hear his opinion on how we're now going to get even fitter than last year.

It was the first session with many senior players not due to join training until 17th November..... when this happens I have no doubt their will be some extremely hard fitness training without a footy in sight.No doubt, the players will be fitter then last season come round 1 under coach Eade.

Sunny I imagine that the fitness is there....speaking from experience I spent 3 years running longer and longer distances, improving my fitness base so that I could run 10-15 km at a pretty good pace for me, 5kpm....but when it came to gut running or busting my guts up and down in a game running thru the mid or from forward and doubling back, I'd be ****ed in 5 minutes. Spending 6 months working on intervals and pushing hard in drills at training and making 2nd and 3rd efforts when the pill hits the deck was a big effort...hell even busting your butt doing circle work and making repeated efforts to drive a ball down field and then push to get the handball or get the next handball from the next kick will do wonders comapred to time trials.

Asked Swallow last year during pre-season via twitter Q&A what his favorite running drill was, and he flatley stated the 400m sprint repeated....I'd imagine that would be the focus for the boys, repeated efforts and pushing like that vs. just doing time trials or distances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club also identified that skills at this stage are the priority, since we can run the games out now. Build on the fitness, come thru the pre-season injury free and improve the ability of the team to hit targets by 25-30% and we'll be converting more.

Quite a few of our games last year (Eagles, Crows, Port, Essendon - for example) would have been won if our kicking was more accurate. If we're focussing on ball-skills first, then I'm all for it.

Quite a few of our games last year (Eagles, Crows, Port, Essendon - for example) would have been won if our kicking was more accurate. If we're focussing on ball-skills first, then I'm all for it.
Andrew Boston will destroy next year :p

Just a thought - if we get a marked skill improvement on our ability to actually hit a target, then we don't need to be as fit because we won't have to turn around and chase our opponents all the time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back