GWS, Celtics, 76ers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
This is so strange when you consider that Sam Day treated exactly the opposite. I wonder if they now think they ruined him and want to make sure they dont do the same with 2MP
well its not too late for day.. im sure we can go back and develop him as a backman in the neafl or a forward..

gotassieboys

All Australian
Jul 13, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is so strange when you consider that Sam Day treated exactly the opposite. I wonder if they now think they ruined him and want to make sure they dont do the same with 2MP

I think it shows where the club is at in terms of maturity as opposed to previously being a "new club".

There is no doubt many players were given games due to the inexperienced list that existed in 2010 and beyond, which was to be expected.

It is now evident the list is such that "reputation" under Eade will count for very little when compared to form/performance/structure.

I imagine Eade will wish to have a good look at his list to determine who has the "stuff" to win a flag in his tenure.

Ultimately there will be players who are dropped/de-listed who were once deemed as "stars". I believe many football followers look at the "statistic" without really understanding how the modern game actually works.

As an example Eade was not impressed by Hallahan in NAB 3 even though he had 19 possessions. Previously 19 possessions would have had the player in the best list.

I look forward to 2015 for the GCS with a coach who will reward effort.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
From Twitter!

The club today confirmed that ex-AFL players, and current Gold Coast SUNS coaching staff members Josh Fraser and Matthew Lappin will play for Labrador in 2015.

Senior coach Rodney Eade has ticked off on the two decorated AFL players returning to play community footy this year, in what is sure to cause a stir amongst the QAFL ranks.

There obligations to the Gold Coast SUNS are at the forefront, but when available will play for the Tigers.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
From Twitter!

The club today confirmed that ex-AFL players, and current Gold Coast SUNS coaching staff members Josh Fraser and Matthew Lappin will play for Labrador in 2015.

Senior coach Rodney Eade has ticked off on the two decorated AFL players returning to play community footy this year, in what is sure to cause a stir amongst the QAFL ranks.

There obligations to the Gold Coast SUNS are at the forefront, but when available will play for the Tigers.
Love it. How good is that! AFL level coaches playing in the local league - perfect way of gelling with the community.

Girthquake

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2012
Geelong.
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City
Few articles popping up today about gaz re-injuring his shoulder, know if there is any truth behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back