News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the lions board some are not to happy about the game today. Also in a thread like this on the bears board some are taking the piss
out of pk saying stuff http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-conferences-training-reports.1081349/page-68
Who did we trade for him again ;););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:cool:
I'd be spewing if I was a lions supporter. They had close to a full strength squad in and only beat last year's wooden spooners by 3 points! Yeah, it's only the pre season but watching a performance like that would still hurt, especially after they've been talked up so much all pre season.

On the lions board some are not to happy about the game today. Also in a thread like this on the bears board some are taking the piss
out of pk saying stuff http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-conferences-training-reports.1081349/page-68
Who did we trade for him again ;););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:cool:
Wow they talk a lot of s**t don't they?
Comments about us all thinking we're gonna win the flag (haven't heard a single person actually say this yet), saying we think De Goey is better than Beams already (lol wut?) and the amount of s**t they're hanging on PK... Just wow....

I hope PK has a belter of a year. It would be lovely to rub it in their faces. From the comments I saw most of them don't even know it was injury rather than form that kept him out last year...

Regardless of who wins games and by how much in preseason, round 1 Pies v Brisbane is still just that. The NAB really has no form leading into season proper, Gee, didnt the Brions win the preseason comp only 2 or 3 years ago?

We are the better team at full strength, even the smarter Lions supporters know this but we have been known to lose the plot with a moments notice.

Brumbies in again - Yeah baby!

The other thing is that PK has a habit of playing his best footy in the preseason. Let's hope that this was a fitness issue that has been addressed because IMO he could be very important to our structure this year. Good size, uses the ball well and can find a goal.

The other thing is that PK has a habit of playing his best footy in the preseason. Let's hope that this was a fitness issue that has been addressed because IMO he could be very important to our structure this year. Good size, uses the ball well and can find a goal.
Not sure about that. He was playing bloody good footy in the twos for most of 2013 but was overlooked for the bulk of the year. There were some pretty strong rumours about Voss stamping his cards early in the year because he knew he'd be leaving...

Not sure about that. He was playing bloody good footy in the twos for most of 2013 but was overlooked for the bulk of the year. There were some pretty strong rumours about Voss stamping his cards early in the year because he knew he'd be leaving...
Yeah - I've seen a lot of posts about that and won't discard it because Vossy did some strange things.

He starts afresh here. If his preseason form shows then he plays. Maintaining his position in the team will be a big part of throwing that monkey of his back and gaining some recognition as the player we think and hope he is.

Brisbane supporter comments should be water of a ducks back.

It's funny how quickly supporter views turn with regards to the Beams' trade. Prior to the trade Lions supporters were telling us that Crisp despite being the only touchable player on their list was a star in the making and that an unknown quality in pick 5 was enough. Fast forward 6 months, now Crisp has shown some positive signs for the 'pies and Hine has put a name to pick 5, selecting De Goey who looks promising they're potting Collingwood supporters for being a bit excited and saying Crisp is a dud.

I think the excitement from 'pies supporters is more hope and a realisation the we may not have been stiffed quite as much as we thought. A proven Beams + 65 was a lot for the unknown quality of picks 5, 25 + Crisp. While the future will be the judge, what the club done with picks 5 + 25 seems promising, paying slight unders for Greenwood and possibly getting a bit of a steal with De Goey. Crisp, De Goey and Greenwood appear capable of filling positions that we were short in. Hopefully at least one will achieve more, reaching the star level that Beams has already shown.

So it appears we're the only team to have scored over 100 points this weekend, and to have won by the biggest margin!

Most of our youngsters looked fantastic and our new recruits looked the goods in the roles they've been allocated, our defensive press looks back better then ever and all our players look bloody hungry.

Carlton and Richmond lost (if you have a moment check out their boards respective post game reports :D) and our round 1 opponents looked very ordinary against very ordinary opposition.

And most importantly we've had no major injury's to come out of this weekend.

It may only be NAB challenge, but i'm a man who enjoys the small things, and this weekend was certainly choc full of small things to enjoy, here's to a successful first week of footy being back!

post-28941-hello-old-sport-gif-Great-Gats-Iku2.gif

Last edited:
So it appears we're the only team to have scored over 100 points this weekend, and to have won by the biggest margin!

Most of our youngsters looked fantastic and our new recruits looked the goods in the rolls they've been allocated, our defensive press looks back better then ever and all our players look bloody hungry.

Carlton and Richmond lost (if you have a moment check out their boards respective post game reports :D) and our round 1 opponents looked very ordinary against very ordinary opposition.

And most importantly we've had no major injury's to come out of this weekend.

It may only be NAB challenge, but i'm a man who enjoys the small things, and this weekend was certainly choc full of small things to enjoy, here's to a successful first week of footy being back!

post-28941-hello-old-sport-gif-Great-Gats-Iku2.gif

Thank you for the gif alone. Good movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, for anyone interested in coming down for a look, the players will be training on Wednesday morning at 9.30am at Olympic Park.
Maybe if you had hot female cheerleaders down there with pom poms i would pop down ;) ;)

That was random gws carro :)

A big congrats to Luke Ball + wife @amyball85 on the birth of their daughter, Violet Dorothy! #sidebyside
B_Czh2ZUwAEGHUy.jpg
Look no discrimination and all (if that's todays parlance), but my only response is 'bugger'. Don't think his progeny would qualify under the usual guise, however living in hope that it would change to encompass "Collingwood premiership players who were discarded by the pissant club that is St Kilda, whilst winning a premiership against them the following year". Although they are a quite a few rungs above in the football credibility stakes than the Melbourne FC. "Steamons"

Look no discrimination and all (if that's todays parlance), but my only response is 'bugger'. Don't think his progeny would qualify under the usual guise, however living in hope that it would change to encompass "Collingwood premiership players who were discarded by the pissant club that is St Kilda, whilst winning a premiership against them the following year". Although they are a quite a few rungs above in the football credibility stakes than the Melbourne FC. "Steamons"
Ummm yeh ok then, why you posting on our board this strange stuff if that's ok to ask ?:rolleyes: but welcome to our board

Last edited:

If Pendles has a baby girl I'm gonna throw something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back