News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10608469_10152519868096229_3193239361350225049_o.jpg
Has anyone actually heard how shazza is tracking is he ahead of schedule???

A traditional ACL knee reco essentially guarantees that the hamstring will pop at one stage or another. My mate did his getting out of bed after his reco, and he did everything right (he's a physio).
I would think it would have a lot more to do with how delicately the removal of the tendon from the hamstring is done, rather than the rehab procedures that the patient is doing.

Hopefully the surgeon who did Scharenberg's knee is more adept than the one that did your mate's.

I would think it would have a lot more to do with how delicately the removal of the tendon from the hamstring is done, rather than the rehab procedures that the patient is doing.

Hopefully the surgeon who did Scharenberg's knee is more adept than the one that did your mate's.
Nope. Talk to a physio. It's really uncommon to get an ACL reco and not do your hammy.

Just one of the side effects unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A traditional ACL knee reco essentially guarantees that the hamstring will pop at one stage or another. My mate did his getting out of bed after his reco, and he did everything right (he's a physio).

Would have to be doing something pretty hardcore to tear it off the bone though...
If they do the rehab right hamstrings aren't a problem. They are susceptible to popping shortly after the operation, but if they are eased back in with good rehab then they aren't a problem.
Your mate probably didn't have the kind of full time rehab that afl players do, it's their full time job to get better, much different scenario.

If they do the rehab right hamstrings aren't a problem. They are susceptible to popping shortly after the operation, but if they are eased back in with good rehab then they aren't a problem.
Your mate probably didn't have the kind of full time rehab that afl players do, it's their full time job to get better, much different scenario.
My mate is a physio who owns his own practice. He literally has every single tool at his disposal for rehab in his own workplace, and is very diligent when it comes to rehab from sports injuries.

You're talking out your arse. Again.

You are correct in that the easiest time to pop the hammy is soon after the operation. Shazz and Caff are both past the most likely stage to do it, but there's every chance that they popped them early and it wasn't worth reporting.

Oh, I am in such a dilemma - who to settle on?
Sidey, Elliot or the Caff as my favourite player, loved to see them all back.
Might have to throw in Broomhead too.;)
Loved seeing Swannie back too, he seemed pretty happy greeting his team-mates.
I am getting excited and really believe we will do well in 2015.

Last edited:
Oh, I am in such a dilemma - who to settle on?
Sidey, Elliot or the Caff as my favourite player, loved to see them all back.
Might have to throw in Broomhead too.;)
Loved seeing Swannie back too, he seemed pretty happy greeting his team-mates.
I am getting excited and really believe we will do well in 2015.

Hi Maggie, did you go to the training session?

I only caught the 2nd half of the report on Falls Creek, and gather that Jamie Elliott has been unable to train due to some mystery injury. What is wrong with him?

Apparently got some hamstring issues (tendonitis??), hopefully right to resume full training soon but currently being managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back