News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-20/wheres-your-club-at

COLLINGWOOD
Pre-season so far:
After last year's horror run with injury, the Magpies have been careful to manage their players this pre-season. A number of players, coming back from long-term injuries, are on restricted programs, including Brent Macaffer (knee), Matt Scharenberg (knee), Dane Swan (hip), Scott Pendlebury (shoulder) and Jonathan Marsh (hamstring). The curious tale of Ben Reid continues to baffle, after he injured his "good" calf at training last Monday. The injury is set to sideline him for up to six weeks. First-round draft pick Jordan De Goey has impressed with his competitiveness, while former Cat Travis Varcoe looks slick on the track. The Magpies' first-to-fourth-year players had a gruelling pre-season camp in early November, while the whole squad will head to Queenstown in late January.
Training return: January 5
Community Camp: Bendigo/North Central (March 16-17)
NAB Challenge games: Game one, v Hawthorn, Aurora Stadium, Thursday, February 26, 7.10pm (EDT)
Game two v Carlton, Queen Elizabeth Oval, Bendigo, Sunday March 15, 4.40pm (EDT)
Game three v Western Bulldogs, Etihad Stadium, Sunday March 21, 7.10pm (EDT)
Round one: v Brisbane Lions, The Gabba, April 4, 6.20pm

That last line has me a tad concerned, was under the assumption the only real possibility for Reid is to lay off the calf for it to heal naturally but the implication in the quote suggests there is more then one?

How many ways can you heal a calf, surely they don't mean surgery for a tweak, are they looking at surgery to try strengthen it?
Is there even a surgery that can strengthen it? perhaps a full calf transplant :p

But seriously, hope i'm reading a bit much into it, but from that quote anyway looks like they're thinking of some alternatives, great to see so many of the other boys healthy however!
According to some religions he needs to heal his calf facing east. At least I think that is what they mean? But there are obviously many different interpretations.

B5Mr8lNCMAEEVtl.jpg
Going by this photo our boys are are out of condition, lazy and have no interest in footy. They look like they are walking, the lazy sods.

Also is this now a joke thread or are some people still serious?

Personally I'm loving both aspects. Keep it coming popin and everyone else I'm enjoying the commentary immensely.

Last edited:

THE BOSS AND HIS APPRENTICE HARD AT IT:cool::D:cool:
10675637_690577844373024_3714285508269865787_n.jpg

Going by this photo our boys are are out of condition, lazy and have no interest in footy. They look like they are walking, the lazy sods.

Also is this now a joke thread or are some people still serious?

Personally I'm loving both aspects. Keep it coming popin and everyone else I'm enjoying the commentary immensely.

Joke thread? Didn't you know Collingwood is run by a bunch of idiots from top down and perhaps the devil himself is also in our employ. Not a laughing matter.

What questions did you ask him?

None really.
He said the boys were looking good and only had 2 real injuries with Caff and Scharenberg.
He's confident about Reid coming good again.
He also said he has one of the boys coming over for New Year.
Didn't ask who though.
He was down there with his wife and kid, but was still wearing his Collingwood training short.

None really.
He said the boys were looking good and only had 2 real injuries with Caff and Scharenberg.
He's confident about Reid coming good again.
He also said he has one of the boys coming over for New Year.
Didn't ask who though.
He was down there with his wife and kid, but was still wearing his Collingwood training short.

That's interesting, must have really enjoyed the time at the club even if he unfortunately couldn't make the most of it. Good on him.

That's interesting, must have really enjoyed the time at the club even if he unfortunately couldn't make the most of it. Good on him.
Lies. Clearly he had issues with the club, hates Bucks for not giving him enough opportunity and forcing him in to an early retirement.

Sack everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, In his last year he was Clubman of the Year.

I do get a Feeling he did enjoy his time at the club

The attitude he took to playing VFL was brilliant. True pro and a great example

The attitude he took to playing VFL was brilliant. True pro and a great example

Him and Hudson showed the Kids how it should be done.

Total Pro’s Both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back