News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it there now? Haven't been since 2006, but absolutely loved the place then! The wallet didn't :(
Not much has changed, great place and yes not easy on the wallet.
Has been hot the past week, great for dipping toes in the water and eating ice creams on the beach with the family. A lot of fun.

Not much has changed, great place and yes not easy on the wallet.
Has been hot the past week, great for dipping toes in the water and eating ice creams on the beach with the family. A lot of fun.

They end up building that big resort on the golf course?

I have only been here since 2009 but I am assuming you might be referring to the Palm Cove Country Club, have not been there unfortunately not certain if there is a big resort.
http://palmcovecountryclub.com.au
I visit Kewarra Beach Golf Course most of the time which is a stones throw south of palm cove, not a bad place.
http://www.paradisepalms.com.au

Ahhhh cool it appears to be still there. The time i was there the locals were fighting to stop a massive resort being built where the golf course was. Great to see it's still there. I kicked that courses butt last time :p seriously though, they do seem to have some good planning laws there. Great place to visit. Head further north in the dry season if you can peeps!

So enough with the crap

What players who have not been made a debut do we expect to be playing round one?

Freeman I can see being the only one to start come round 1

Many people been to training what do others think?

Greenwood and Varcoe also

Ahhhh cool it appears to be still there. The time i was there the locals were fighting to stop a massive resort being built where the golf course was. Great to see it's still there. I kicked that courses butt last time :p seriously though, they do seem to have some good planning laws there. Great place to visit. Head further north in the dry season if you can peeps!
yes, i have family at the top of the range west of Port Douglas/Mossman, yet to explore any further north, family has been to young.
Just started fishing Daintree this year with little one, hope to explore further north in coming years.

Crisp and Freeman seem similar types of player. There may only be room for one. Other than those its obviously Varcoe and Greenwood.

For those who are about to debut I salute you! *drinks beer* ;)

Crisp will be competing with Broomhead for the high half forward spot

Freeman will replace Ball/Beams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisp and Freeman seem similar types of player. There may only be room for one. Other than those its obviously Varcoe and Greenwood.

For those who are about to debut I salute you! *drinks beer* ;)

I think we have many positions available for big bodied midfielders who aren't afraid to tackle and have a bit of pace. Far more than two anyhow.

Crisp will be competing with Broomhead for the high half forward spot

Freeman will replace Ball/Beams

Crisp will also be competing with midfielders for a midfield spot.

Some useless information but tonight I was having tea at Palm Cove QLD and a young CFC player was strolling along the esplanade, he was by himself. He must have good taste, great place for a holiday even better place to live.

Vivo for brekky. Stunning

I would love to see Karnezis used as a pure mid during the nab cup, what i saw when he played there during the year really impressed me, has a knack for finding it and when he has it uses his class, also helps that he knows where the goals are.

So obviously hope he debuts for us round 1 and shows up Beams, if we put Langdon into the midfield early season then i'd expect one of Maynard or Manteit to go back.

Just over 2 months until our first hitout against the reigning premiers, there's so much young talent i'm looking forward to seeing and nothing better then putting them up against the best, can't remember being so excited for a preseason comp.

I think we have many positions available for big bodied midfielders who aren't afraid to tackle and have a bit of pace. Far more than two anyhow.
Not really. Unless they show something more than the guys we already have (Thomas, Broomhead, Adams and Freeman) during preseason and NAB Challenge, Crisp will be playing VFL. We have traded in 2 established senior players to fill the voids left by Beams (Greenwood) and Lumumba (Varcoe) and already have Balls' replacement (Adams). You'd also have to be thinking guys like Fasolo, Seedsman and Kennedy would be front runners for bench spots or a call up.

Everyone else is playing for a spot in the senior team. To me this creates an excellent environment at the club. No one is going to be gifted games as the competition for spots from half back to half forward is going to be pretty tough.

Selection will be based on form and team structures (at least until injuries hit), not can you run out a full game? and I like your highlights package.

Yeah I agree Fas is a good mark like Elliot and I encourage them both to continue contesting in marking situations but there is a time and a place when to fly and when to rove as a small forward. Just from that picture our structure looks wrong with Witts roving and Fas flying.

Coming down with the mark would suggest he's chosen the right time and place to fly.

Always a surprise packet to bust into the team.

My guess

B3_WkflCEAEb6DR.jpg:large

Bucks will be desperate for footskills in the back half

Would love to see De Goey or Maynard in the NAB Challenge play well (ala Langdon) and get a gig early next year.

IF they Both are not Injured they would play NAB Challenge RD 1 vs Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back