Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure as there was a lot happening at once today, but I saw a very slimmed down Max Duffy running laps with all the boys at the end.
He was running end to ends on Tuesday with Zarke.
Mj was on a large scooter doing the same from end to end.i asked him where the rest of the group were and he said Tuesday was rehab day and these guys were all coming back from injuries.
He was very friendly and seems like a nice bloke.

I'll try stick up for my new bud, might be bit hard but I thought read previously that coaches were happy because he put on heaps of weight. Re two years who knows probably depends how he plays a bit. A lot younger bigs can take time & even some of the mids need time to build tank.
How was the rest of the training, any stand outs?..?

Is Moller even likely to be a regular at Peel? A lot of big boys squeezing into that side.

Clancee is a weird player to assess. I really like him, beautiful distribution skills and a heavy heart that will always true. He's not good enough for the midfield and you can only patronise one sub 6'2" guy in our guts, I reckon. And I like his skills off the half back flank, it's well suited, however he's less aerobic than Spurr and you can only have one single player like that in the backline. He's not tall enough and not fast enough to keep up there.

It's a harsh true. I really like the guy and believe he's a good footballer, he just can't progress because of his height and natural attributes which is a shame. I wish he could succeed. He's good depth for us however, but he'd be suited to helping out GWS or even plugging in at Gold Coast, the Lions, or a Dees/Saints brigade.
Has the word patronise been redefined recently? It now means 'include' as well as 1) what I'm doing now 2) frequent. ?

Has the word patronise been redefined recently? It now means 'include' as well as 1) what I'm doing now 2) frequent. ?

It can also be used to indicate general support, which is the intended meaning here. Usage in reference to a person (as opposed to a cause or principle) is less common, but is perfectly correct.

Clancee is a weird player to assess. I really like him, beautiful distribution skills and a heavy heart that will always true. He's not good enough for the midfield and you can only patronise one sub 6'2" guy in our guts, I reckon. And I like his skills off the half back flank, it's well suited, however he's less aerobic than Spurr and you can only have one single player like that in the backline. He's not tall enough and not fast enough to keep up there.

It's a harsh true. I really like the guy and believe he's a good footballer, he just can't progress because of his height and natural attributes which is a shame. I wish he could succeed. He's good depth for us however, but he'd be suited to helping out GWS or even plugging in at Gold Coast, the Lions, or a Dees/Saints brigade.
You really need to go and watch the 2013 regular season to see what Clancee Pearce means to Freo (ditto Ibbottson). That is what he is earmarked for and in 2014 his season was derailed by injury coupled with the inability to train regularly due to those injuries.
The problem we will have is if most if not all of our players are available for selection. IMO Clancee offers a hell of a lot more than say Suban or MDB.

I think clancee is a good spurr/sutty and even duffield back up with the versatility to run through the middle also. Ross values versatility so I'm expecting a few games, possibly as sub, from clancee this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think clancee is a good spurr/sutty and even duffield back up with the versatility to run through the middle also. Ross values versatility so I'm expecting a few games, possibly as sub, from clancee this year

Clancee is on a mission. Him looking very fit and about the lightest he has been at Freo.

With Ibbotson not being a regular last season we have some very decent depth back there. Would still like some blistering pace in the back-six-mix.

I felt BT added good value to our games. I dont need cometti using one liners to describe the game, i can see what's going on. And then you have Darcy trying to do his thing.

BT legitimately likes our players. From Clancees white shorts to Crozièrs chiseled abs.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

I felt BT added good value to our games. I dont need cometti using one liners to describe the game, i can see what's going on. And then you have Darcy trying to do his thing.

BT legitimately likes our players. From Clancees white shorts to Crozièrs chiseled abs.

Don't forget about the little man from Mandra, or my man Bar Low!

I'm probably the only one here but I kinda missed hearing BT say CLAAAAAANCEE PEARCE (in the white shorts today)

I'm a fan of Clancy and I miss him being on the field... but I really don't miss that particular piece of commentary. It's right up there with BT's whole "boy from Assumption College" thing.

Well said, and well observed - IMO Commetti and BT make for an interesting contrast.

BT is at his best when lost in his own enthusiasm; if he's swept up in events then his call adds to the experience. I find his catch-phrases however to be annoying, self-conscious and cringe worthy, but maybe that's just me. He drags them our during slower, more methodical play and they add nothing to the game. The faster the transition of the ball, the better BT's call gets.

Cometti has a wonderful turn of phrase and a gift for summation; In full flight he can make ten words do the work of thirty. His best calls have an intellectual edge, and enlighten the game for me over and above what's happening on-screen... but most recently his enthusiasm seems forced - I don't think he has much passion for the call anymore. He's more like a columnist who can commentate, when originally it was vice versa.

Darcy does nothing for me. He is knowledge without presence; has has insights but cannot impart them, and there are more entertaining comments about him than from him. I tune him out completely during games, and only realize it after the event.

Give him time and he might improve... but it will require him to develop his own unique style just as Cometti and BT have. Until then he'll be most notable for his fashion misstatements and a misuse of gloves.

Clancee is on a mission. Him looking very fit and about the lightest he has been at Freo.
With him and MDB both super fit and fighting desperately for a place in the 22 this bodes well for the upcoming season.
The likes of Crozier and Sheridan will be also desperate to get further in from the fringes and with Weller, Blakely and my new buddy Brady Grey breathing down their necks, Duffy a wildcard the team should play with ruthless determination at all opportunity.
We have never had depth like this.

No seagulls again this morning with an almost full complement on the track for the final S&C session for the year.

It was really a straight forward keep on moving session with all the usual individual exercises.
I was eagerly watching for Col but couldn't make him out so I asked Jason Webber, was he on the track.
No, Sylv is in the rehab group ; nothing major, Fred.

Mora was in the gym and without going right inside, I could not spot Johnson.
So other than Mora, Johnno and Col everybody was involved on the ground including the big three vets.

#ffcpreseason

Thanks Fred,

It seems we are going to have plenty of depth for the 2015 season. Hopefully we try to dictate when we use our depth rather than waiting for injuries. The talk from Ross and co is that they will rotate/rest the veterans to keep them fresh, again hopefully they stay true to their word.

With Ibbotson not being a regular last season we have some very decent depth back there. Would still like some blistering pace in the back-six-mix.
Before getting injured Clancee was quite quick and his foot passing is right up there . Clancee is also very strong through the core so I expect to see him playing in the middle and on the half back in 2015 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back