Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of going down tomorrow to watch the boys. Does anyone have any definite news as to whether training is on or off?

Took one of my grandson's down this morning at 8.30 but no training. Very disappointing as no information on the club website,

I made the comment a week or so ago that it was a real bonus having Ibbo back fit. I don't think we've had our best backline all in one place for quite a long time. I consider this (McPh, Daws, MJ, Ibbo, Duff, Sutty, Spurr) very tough to score against.

I mentioned in my report yesterday that Silvagni looks in ripping nick which is also a bonus. I don't have him in my first 3 tall defenders picked but he's definitely first reserve and should play plenty of footy this year.

It would be a real bonus if we could have all our key backs available for the majority of 2015 rather than missing a few of them most weeks as you pointed out had been the case in 2014.

However there seems to be good chemistry in the backline regardless of who plays and who is missing most games and I am confident it will continue to be a strength of the team regardless of the personnel playing down back week in and week out. Credit to RTB for having such a well drilled group of players who can get the job done with a minimum of fuss.

It would be a real bonus if we could have all our key backs available for the majority of 2015 rather than missing a few of them most weeks as you pointed out had been the case in 2014.

However there seems to be good chemistry in the backline regardless of who plays and who is missing most games and I am confident it will continue to be a strength of the team regardless of the personnel playing down back week in and week out. Credit to RTB for having such a well drilled group of players who can get the job done with a minimum of fuss.
We will need to be transitioning towards Maca, Duffman and Jono all leaving in the next year or two. Silvagni, A.Pearce and probably a small defender (one of the new recruits?)will need to step in rather quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually took that as sarcasm. Well I thought it was in a sarcastic tone.

I would hope so, Freo is probably the most accessible club for fans in terms of training watching. Not like it's an obligation on their part either, it's very much a privilege.

Inb4 'kool aid'.

No training at Freo today. No notification of such. Just another little example of the club's disrespect for members and supporters.
Really? They should have to tell you when they're planning to train or not? Get your hand off it.

Training Report today. A friend of a friends dog told me that the aussie one day team was training at murdoch university today.
I had to do a bit of work so I was late, however I can report :
Smith looks even younger in real life.
Warner is really short.
Cummings and johnston both scary even at three quarter pace.
And Mitch marsh a very nice friendly young man.
Also they have more security than players. ( well almost).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back