Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's suggesting that deBoer is in the starting 22 based on training groups while Duffield, Mayne and Mzungu have been relegated outside it. Can't say it seems that way from the pre-season reports to date?

"The proven defensive all-rounder plays negating on-ball roles or even nullifying forward assignments and de Boer has been conspicuous in a regular presence in what often appears as a likely “starting” unit when coach Ross Lyon breaks his training groups in match-play.

Other established Dockers Paul Duffield, Chris Mayne and Tendai Mzungu have regularly been sent into an apparent “B team” in match practice drills."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...p-group-demotion/story-fniv64vs-1227202454517

I think he's suggesting that deBoer is in the starting 22 based on training groups while Duffield, Mayne and Mzungu have been relegated outside it. Can't say it seems that way from the pre-season reports to date?

"The proven defensive all-rounder plays negating on-ball roles or even nullifying forward assignments and de Boer has been conspicuous in a regular presence in what often appears as a likely “starting” unit when coach Ross Lyon breaks his training groups in match-play.

Other established Dockers Paul Duffield, Chris Mayne and Tendai Mzungu have regularly been sent into an apparent “B team” in match practice drills."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...p-group-demotion/story-fniv64vs-1227202454517
You're reading too much into the bold parts, means zilch.

A team or B team, the players that train and play the best will get selected when positions are available. It's up to them to hold their spots from there.

Mayney is being experimented with in different positions, so better to test him against stronger opponents. Mzu and Duffman are at the back end of their careers, so I imagine Ross is looking at the depth in list to see who the natural replacements may be. He'll take a proven performer on game day when it matters.

Gu is an athlete. He may have at least a few more years left.
Sam Menegola was an athlete.

Mzungu can run all day, but he also knows how and when to. He's not just a headless chook, the guy's always good at guessing where the ball'll spill out and he's pretty smart with his kicking. He's not scared of much, either – one of my favourite Dockers.

Mzungu can run all day, but he also knows how and when to. He's not just a headless chook, the guy's always good at guessing where the ball'll spill out and he's pretty smart with his kicking. He's not scared of much, either – one of my favourite Dockers.

I agree. I was more or less saying that his athletic qualities should help him maintain the fitness required to play AFL for a while longer.

Tackles like a beast too. So, so strong for his size and a brilliant technique.

Likewise, one of my favourite Dockers.

Tackles like a beast too. So, so strong for his size and a brilliant technique.

Likewise, one of my favourite Dockers.
this is true & must be especially pleasing for your supporters considering how some used to question him in this department when he started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So can we take it that there was no training on Friday or this weekend? A few days rest for the players or perhaps a busy bee at the new Cockburn facility - stump grubbing, stick picking, fauna eradication and other such fun activities?

Terrible training report but I went into town and saw the boys running around, popped in for ten.

They were only running laps but there were a few extremes – saw Mayne the other day walking his dog, looked huge then, and looked even more so in a GPS bra today... all sinew, all muscle. He's got some serious strength. Sonny was leading the pack there for a while and has a real head-down, do-the-job demeanour. Moller looks the opposite – long lanky types always do, I guess.

No Fyfe, Pav, Sandi, Luke etc. as per recent reports.

Only had a few minutes, just some passing commentary.

Terrible training report but I went into town and saw the boys running around, popped in for ten.

They were only running laps but there were a few extremes – saw Mayne the other day walking his dog, looked huge then, and looked even more so in a GPS bra today... all sinew, all muscle. He's got some serious strength. Sonny was leading the pack there for a while and has a real head-down, do-the-job demeanour. Moller looks the opposite – long lanky types always do, I guess.

Fyfe was photographed out there so no panic stations just yet.

10422457_10152799308359317_2790863984851257729_n.jpg

Infinitely better than something completely unrelated to training, good one :thumbsu:

I feel like I've donned a Bruce Macavaney hat when I see Fyfe's quads in the pic above, dayum.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-02-02/training-report-johnson-returns

Star Fremantle defender Michael Johnson returned to training on Monday morning after being in rehab for the entire pre-season to date.

Johnson had surgery on his back at the end of last season and has been working hard to return to the track.

He didn’t take part in all the drills, but he looked solid in his firs hit-out.

Garrick Ibbotson also looked strong after resuming recently from shoulder surgery.

Champion ruckman Aaron Sandilands did not take part in training, instead running from goalposts to goalposts on Fremantle Oval earlier in the morning.

Michael Walters was missing, but Freo had strong numbers on the track and continued to work towards the first NAB Challenge game against Melbourne at Fremantle Oval on Thursday 5 March.

You sure you saw Walters there?

You sure you saw Walters there?
This was about 10:30, so towards the end, maybe even the last bit. Maybe that explains Fyfe but maybe I saw Brady Grey or something? I never watch training and struggle picking out who's who, but it looked like his gait and wiry figure.

I was only down there for 20 minutes, but Fyfe and Luke definitely trained with the main group. Pav was there but away from the main group. I don't recall seeing Sandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back