2015 Premiership Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

3 of their most important players (Hartlett, Wingard, Trengrove) all having injury interrupted preseasons. Monfries had pretty significant hip surgery and is still on a modified training program.

Tough start to the season for them playing Freo away, Sydney at home, Kangas away, Hawks at home and then a Showdown.

Would love a few more distractions in their camp...would be brilliant if they start the season 2-3 or 1-4.

Not entirely impossible that they could 0-5 at the start.

Hmmm can you imagine them having to pull out the tarps by R10 if this trend of losing continues. They will struggle to get 20,000 if their season is shot by 15

3 of their most important players (Hartlett, Wingard, Trengrove) all having injury interrupted preseasons. Monfries had pretty significant hip surgery and is still on a modified training program.

Tough start to the season for them playing Freo away, Sydney at home, Kangas away, Hawks at home and then a Showdown.

Would love a few more distractions in their camp...would be brilliant if they start the season 2-3 or 1-4.
Would not like to be playing them in the Showdown if they are 0-4 or 1-3, as they will come out all guns blazing.

Not ideal to have players injured, but too early to get really concerned...but it does put to bed that Burgo has some special midus touch when it comes to injuries.

Would not like to be playing them in the Showdown if they are 0-4 or 1-3, as they will come out all guns blazing.

I would much rather be playing a team that is 0-4 or 1-3 compared to a team full of confidence at 4-0 or 1-3.

Not ideal to have players injured, but too early to get really concerned...but it does put to bed that Burgo has some special midus touch when it comes to injuries.

Look its not the end of the world that they are having a couple of injuries. Still - not ideal to have 3 of your top 10 players having between 3-6 weeks off due to injury.

Thoughts on a few teams :

Adelaide - We have a fairly decent draw , we have a healthy tex and I think we will finish in the top 8 and anything below that is a fail. I believe that Adelaide Oval will be a very hard place for the opposition to come too for both Adelaide and Port.

Brisbane - I think everyone is overrating them sure they have a very good with Beams , Rockliff and Redden etc. However they have a dreadful forward line and not a great defence now that patfull has gone.

Carlton - They aren't going anywhere. They have a dreadful forward line with Jones and Casboult as there main forwards :drunk: I just can't see them going near the top 8

Collingwood- Every year since they have had Buckley they have gone backwards. I believe that the trend will continue especially since Beams is gone to Brisbane. With their recruits of Greenwood and Varcoe that won't be an instant fix. I don't have them making the top 8 at all.

Freo - I think they will make top 4 but in my opinion 2015 is their last tilt for the flag. Sandilands , McPharlin , Johnson and Pavlich are getting on a bit and I believe if they are all fit they will be very hard to beat.

Gold Coast - I think they will make top 8 , they added experience in Malceski and with their younger players who's been in the system for 3-4 years they should be in the eight.

Hawthorn - I believe they will win the premiership again due to the fact they have recruited Frawley and O'Rourke and lost nobody big. They have the best all round side. There is no faults in that side at all and I can't see them losing many games.

Port - They got Ryder which is a big boost for them , however with the injuries to some of there key players in the off season will hurt them slightly. They don't have an easy draw and other teams will be watching them very closely. However I still have Port in the top 4.

A few more distractions, say ryder and monfries getting suspended? That would absolutely cap of my pre season, would not be able to wipe the grin off my face.

If that happens along with possibly 1 to 2 more injuries to KEY players, they could honestly be 0-4 coming into thr showdown, and possibly 0-5 after that. Would be a looong road back from that. There are no easy games in there, with North away the easiest of the bunch and if they get up and running, could be hard to stop.

Will make an interesting start to the season for sure.

It's in the quote in post #283

Apologies (miscommunication of ignoring a poster).

Although the fact remains its a very very tough run for them to begin the season. Their combined record against their first 5 opponents (Freo, Hawks, Sydney, North, Adelaide) was 4 wins and 6 losses. Hardly dominant. Considering they had an absolute dream run with injuries in 2014 (13 players played 24 or more games and 18 players played 20 or more games).

Wait.

What trend of losing? Last I looked they won through to a preliminary final.

Well the poster above you understood clearly. If they go 0-5 for the first few games given their injury list, by R10 they could be in trouble getting numbers to AO and may need to pull out the tarps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first crack at the 2015 AFL Ladder. Have gone with groupings and ladder positions.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn

Easily the best two teams in the competition. Sydney are just scary. Tom Mitchell couldn't get a game for them last year when they made the grand final. He will be a massive impact player for them in 2015. Throw in Isaac Heeney who would have gone top 3 in this years draft and they have massively improved their best 22 from last year (even though they lost malceski). Hawthorn are stacked. That forward line of Roughy, Gunston, Hale, Bruest, Puoppolo is by far the best in the league. If they can get a healthy Rioli for the majority of the season they will once again be extremely tough to stop. These two are miles above the rest.

3. Fremantle

I think the third spot will go to Fremantle who really missed Walters last year. They are too well coached, have great homefield advantage and plenty of talent. Too good to miss on top 4. I think Apeness will show a fair bit this year - excited to watch him.

4. North

North will sneak into the top 4 position. Had a very good 2014 and have added Waite and Higgins to address their pretty even squad. Losing Greenwood hurts them, but its in an are where they have plenty of midfield cover and should have a fully healthy Swallow . Last chance to really grab a flag. 4 of their top 6 players from 2014 are either gone or the wrong side of 31 - Cunnington (23), Goldstein (26), Greenwood (gone), Harvey (50 years old), Petrie (32), NDS (31 when season starts).

5. Port
Could be anything. Could realistically finish 1st - 8th. At their best they can beat anyone and are a joy to watch. Absolutely stacked with talent. Having said that - their last two years have been an absolute dream run with regards to injuries and the fixture - and despite all that they didn't make the top 4 in either year. Over their last 14 games of 2014 they won 6 and lost 8. They have an incredibly tough start to the season playing Freo (A), Sydney (H), North (A), Hawks (H), Adelaide (H). The addition of Ryder sees them address an absolutely massive need. However - they will need great seasons from Schulz and Trengove to finish top 4.

6. Geelong

Just like Port - could be anything and have the talent to be unstoppable on their day, but one would assume they must be on the decline. Have made the finals the last 3 years (finished top 4 the last two years) but have a finals record of 1 win 5 losses over that time. I think this is the year they show some indifferent form. They still have some absolute class in every area of the ground and they have addressed their 2nd key forward problem by recruiting Mitch Clarke and Stanley. If one of them turns it on - Geelong will push for top 4. If they don't they have every chance of slipping outside the 8.

7. Adelaide
Have the framework of a fantastic side. Talia and Walker are brilliant bookends. Class midfield of Jacobs Danger, Sloane, Crouch, Douglas. Good forward support of Betts/Jenkins. A fantastic quarterback in Smith. The big question is whether our young 2nd tier players can step up and become consistent quality footballers - Kerridge, Grigg, Lyons, M. Crouch, Cameron, Henderson, Cheney, Lever.

Our season will go down the drain if we lose Talia. Most important player to our side by a country mile. Wouldn't it be fun going into a game against Sydney with no Talia. Facing a forwardline of Buddy, Tippett, Goodes and Reid with Hartigan, Lever and Cheney!!

8. Richmond:
Very similar to us. Great bookends in Riewoldt and Rance. Class midfield of Maric, Cotch, Lids, Martin and Edwards. Great quarterback in Ellis. They have the same question as us regarding their younger players become consistent quality footballers - Lennon, Vlaustin, Conca, etc. They have more defensive depth than us - but their biggest issue is that they really lack some help for Riewoldt in the forward 50. Vickery has the tools to be this player - the question is does he have the ability to pull it all together.

9. Essendon
Who the hell knows. I have no idea. If there wasn't this cloud hanging over them - i would have them top 5. Not worth discussing until we know the penalties.

10. Gold Coast
Could be the bolter and swap places with Geelong. Have everything and a midfield that will just be scary. Ablett, Prestia, O'Meara and Bennell - thats just unfair. Still think these guys are another couple of years away from properly challenging, but will be in the mix.

11. West Coast
Great forward line that is top tier with Kennedy, Darling and Nicoski. Great rug brigade of Nic Nat and Lycett. Defensively sound. Just lack class through the middle. Selwood and Priddis are fantastic midfielders - however they need some more quality through there - especially since guys like Masten, Gaff, and Sheppard haven't developed as they hoped. Dom Sheed could be very very good though.

12. Brisbane
Will have an amazing midfield, but will struggle to kick to goals. Rockliff, Beams, Redden, Aish, Zorko, Rich will be a top 8 midfield - however Hanley getting injured really hurts them. They only have 2 players on their list who are over 190cm and have kicked more than 20 goals in a season and these are older forwards who have never kicked more than 30 goals in a season- Staker and Merrett. Its an urgent need they must address.

13. GWS
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. St. Kilda
18. Bulldogs

5 of these 6 teams are extremely young and will focus 2015 on developing their youth. Carlton - who knows what Malthouse is doing. Still lack firepower up front and have only a half decent midfield that sounds much better than it actually is (Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Daisy Thomas).

Bring on 2015 - so I can see how many of these predictions will no doubt go pear shaped.

EDIT - 1st Ladder:

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Freo
4. North
5. Port
6. Geelong
7. Adelaide
8. Richmond

9. Essendon
10. Gold Coast
11. West Coast
12. Brisbane
13. GWS
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. St. Kilda
18. Bulldogs

Last edited:
My first crack at the 2015 AFL Ladder. Have gone with groupings and ladder positions.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn

Easily the best two teams in the competition. Sydney are just scary. Tom Mitchell couldn't get a game for them last year when they made the grand final. He will be a massive impact player for them in 2015. Throw in Isaac Heeney who would have gone top 3 in this years draft and they have massively improved their best 22 from last year (even though they lost malceski). Hawthorn are stacked. That forward line of Roughy, Gunston, Hale, Bruest, Puoppolo is by far the best in the league. If they can get a healthy Rioli for the majority of the season they will once again be extremely tough to stop. These two are miles above the rest.

3. Fremantle

I think the third spot will go to Fremantle who really missed Walters last year. They are too well coached, have great homefield advantage and plenty of talent. Too good to miss on top 4. I think Apeness will show a fair bit this year - excited to watch him.

4. North

North will sneak into the top 4 position. Had a very good 2014 and have added Waite and Higgins to address their pretty even squad. Losing Greenwood hurts them, but its in an are where they have plenty of midfield cover and should have a fully healthy Swallow . Last chance to really grab a flag. 4 of their top 6 players from 2014 are either gone or the wrong side of 31 - Cunnington (23), Goldstein (26), Greenwood (gone), Harvey (50 years old), Petrie (32), NDS (31 when season starts).

5. Port
Could be anything. Could realistically finish 1st - 8th. At their best they can beat anyone and are a joy to watch. Absolutely stacked with talent. Having said that - their last two years have been an absolute dream run with regards to injuries and the fixture - and despite all that they didn't make the top 4 in either year. Over their last 14 games of 2014 they won 6 and lost 8. They have an incredibly tough start to the season playing Freo (A), Sydney (H), North (A), Hawks (H), Adelaide (H). The addition of Ryder sees them address an absolutely massive need. However - they will need great seasons from Schulz and Trengove to finish top 4.

6. Geelong

Just like Port - could be anything and have the talent to be unstoppable on their day, but one would assume they must be on the decline. Have made the finals the last 3 years (finished top 4 the last two years) but have a finals record of 1 win 5 losses over that time. I think this is the year they show some indifferent form. They still have some absolute class in every area of the ground and they have addressed their 2nd key forward problem by recruiting Mitch Clarke and Stanley. If one of them turns it on - Geelong will push for top 4. If they don't they have every chance of slipping outside the 8.

7. Adelaide
Have the framework of a fantastic side. Talia and Walker are brilliant bookends. Class midfield of Jacobs Danger, Sloane, Crouch, Douglas. Good forward support of Betts/Jenkins. A fantastic quarterback in Smith. The big question is whether our young 2nd tier players can step up and become consistent quality footballers - Kerridge, Grigg, Lyons, M. Crouch, Cameron, Henderson, Cheney, Lever.

Our season will go down the drain if we lose Talia. Most important player to our side by a country mile. Wouldn't it be fun going into a game against Sydney with no Talia. Facing a forwardline of Buddy, Tippett, Goodes and Reid with Hartigan, Lever and Cheney!!

8. Richmond:
Very similar to us. Great bookends in Riewoldt and Rance. Class midfield of Maric, Cotch, Lids, Martin and Edwards. Great quarterback in Ellis. They have the same question as us regarding their younger players become consistent quality footballers - Lennon, Vlaustin, Conca, etc. They have more defensive depth than us - but their biggest issue is that they really lack some help for Riewoldt in the forward 50. Vickery has the tools to be this player - the question is does he have the ability to pull it all together.

9. Essendon
Who the hell knows. I have no idea. If there wasn't this cloud hanging over them - i would have them top 5. Not worth discussing until we know the penalties.

10. Gold Coast
Could be the bolter and swap places with Geelong. Have everything and a midfield that will just be scary. Ablett, Prestia, O'Meara and Bennell - thats just unfair. Still think these guys are another couple of years away from properly challenging, but will be in the mix.

11. West Coast
Great forward line that is top tier with Kennedy, Darling and Nicoski. Great rug brigade of Nic Nat and Lycett. Defensively sound. Just lack class through the middle. Selwood and Priddis are fantastic midfielders - however they need some more quality through there - especially since guys like Masten, Gaff, and Sheppard haven't developed as they hoped. Dom Sheed could be very very good though.

12. Brisbane
Will have an amazing midfield, but will struggle to kick to goals. Rockliff, Beams, Redden, Aish, Zorko, Rich will be a top 8 midfield - however Hanley getting injured really hurts them. They only have 2 players on their list who are over 190cm and have kicked more than 20 goals in a season and these are older forwards who have never kicked more than 30 goals in a season- Staker and Merrett. Its an urgent need they must address.

13. GWS
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. St. Kilda
18. Bulldogs

5 of these 6 teams are extremely young and will focus 2015 on developing their youth. Carlton - who knows what Malthouse is doing. Still lack firepower up front and have only a half decent midfield that sounds much better than it actually is (Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Daisy Thomas).

Bring on 2015 - so I can see how many of these predictions will no doubt go pear shaped.
Well done those are some good assessments.

My worry with Port is they showed last year they don't need to be top 4 to impact finals. Once they get on a roll they are near impossible to stop.

Their finals series last year was pretty epic - smashed Rich who were in form, went to Perth and knocked over Freo after being 4 down at half time, and of course that prelim v the eventual premier.

They would back themselves from 8th

Well done those are some good assessments.

My worry with Port is they showed last year they don't need to be top 4 to impact finals. Once they get on a roll they are near impossible to stop.

Their finals series last year was pretty epic - smashed Rich who were in form, went to Perth and knocked over Freo after being 4 down at half time, and of course that prelim v the eventual premier.

They would back themselves from 8th

Absolutely... Their brand of football is built for finals success. Despite only having one home final - they have won 3 of 5 finals in the past 2 years with the two losses by only 16 points and 3 points (both at the MCG against top 4 teams).

The only thing I am hopeful for is that they had a very ordinary run last year leading up to the finals on the back of really just having one player miss any significant time (Trengove). It is probably me just being extremely hopeful - but surely they can't have another season where everything goes right...

Round 2 of my AFL Ladder with explanations.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn

Nothing has changed this preseason for these two. Tippetts injury hurts - but they managed to make the grand final last year with him only playing 15 games. Heeney and Mitchell will be looking for breakout years and improve this side. Hawthorn - just going along nicely. Also - they will both be very thankful for the World Cup - gives them an extra couple of weeks of preseason to catch the other sides.

3. RICHMOND.
Big bolter here. Had em in 8th last ladder. I know azza77 will hate this prediction, but I am buying in on this team. Had a shocking start to their 2014 campaign missing Maric & Deledio for big parts of the first half of 2014. Their form last year over that 9 game winning streak was fantastic - beating Port, Sydney & Adelaide. Lots of elite talent in this side - Riewoldt, Rance, Cotch, Lids, Martin and Ellis will be supported by some very good young talent in Conca, Miles, Vlaustin, and Lennon who will all look to take their game to another level. Need one of Vickery or Griffiths to have a big year to support Riewoldt and they will be a lock for top 4.

4. Fremantle
Despite a building injury list and an older list. Think that Freo are too well coached to slip too far. Huge advantage of playing out West and Ross Lyons system can overcome injuries better than a lot of clubs. Pavlich looks in good shape to give it one last hurrah.

5. North
Will be a good to average side. Rewatched their prelim last week and it had me taking them out of the top 4. Losing Greenwood and adding Waite and Higgins doesn't close the gap to the sides above them. Age is a worry.

6. Port
Have them slipping slightly from last year. Ryder and Monfries due to miss big amounts of time due to drugs. The Chad is already ruled out of round 1 and Trengrove and Hamstring Hartlett have had injury riddled preseasons. Still have an elite midfield with Lobbe, Gray, Boak, Wines, Ebert and Polec and a very good key forward in Schulz. Think they will find it a lot rougher this year. With all the hype they received last year - opposition teams would have put a lot of time into figuring out how to stop them. Whether this works who knows, but they will become the hunted this year.

7. Gold Coast
Think this is the year they do it. Were on track to make the finals in 2014 before Ablett got injured. Another year of development into the kids and a definite upgrade at coach should see them make their first ever finals appearance.

8th Adelaide:
Had us at 7th. Still think we are every chance of making the 8 but we cannot afford any more injuries. Losing Crouch to a serious foot injury really hurts us. We were massively exposed in the preseason with the oppositions 2nd forward kicking 14 goals in 3 games. We will still be a very young side and as a result I think we can expect some pretty erratic form.

9th Essendon:
Good enough to make the 8 but I really think they won't be there emotionally and will fall in a heap towards the end of the season. Losing Ryder also hurt.

10. Geelong:
Despite the great preseason from Clarke - think they are are slightly on the side. Still have enough class to be very dangerous on the day, but think they will fall behind the pack a little.

11. Brisbane:
Have them rising from my last ladder - mainly due to other teams going down. Really excited to see them play - that midfield will be exciting. Plenty of depth in that midfield group - Rockliff, Beams, Rich, Redden, Zorko, Aish. Hanley is a big loss and they have no KPD/KPF depth whatsover.

12. Carlton:
Not as terrible as many on here think they are. Henderson is a quality KPF. Midfield can still do well on its day. Not enough depth to challenge for a finals birth - but they will be an annoying team.

13. West Coast
Losing Mackenzie really hurts. Throw in the retirements of Cox/Waters and you have lost a lot of experience. Losing Darling for the first 2 months of the season also impacts their fortunes. Tough to beat at Subi they will not be easy beats but just don't have the topline talent to compete for finals with Mackenzie/Darling missing.

14. GWS
First year where they won't finish bottom 4. Will look to push for a finals birth in 2015.

15. Melbourne
Enough mature bodies now to keep them more competitive. Won't be the rollovers they have been the past few years. Harry O and Vince have been great pickups for MFC over the past two years.

16. Collingwood - In massive trouble. Finished 11th last year. Won't have 3 of their best 5 players from last year (Beams, Harry O and McAffer). The player they brought in to cover Beams is injured for the first 3/4 of the season (Greenwood). Now they two players suspended for drug use. A lot rides on whether injury riddled Ben Reid can get right. Long year.

17. St. Kilda
Soft tissue injuries are building. Have a better quality of veterans than the bulldogs below them. Not much to like about them TBH.

18. Bulldogs
Losing Griffen/Libba/Cooney hurts that midfield group. Puts a lot more pressure on Macrae, Wallis, Dalhause and Bont. Tough year - but they are building the pieces nicely.

My First Ladder in Feb was done
1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Freo
4. North
5. Port
6. Geelong
7. Adelaide
8. Richmond

9. Essendon
10. Gold Coast
11. West Coast
12. Brisbane
13. GWS
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. St. Kilda
18. Bulldogs[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn

Nothing has changed this preseason for these two. Tippetts injury hurts - but they managed to make the grand final last year with him only playing 15 games. Heeney and Mitchell will be looking for breakout years and improve this side. Hawthorn - just going along nicely. Also - they will both be very thankful for the World Cup - gives them an extra couple of weeks of preseason to catch the other sides.

3. RICHMOND.
Big bolter here. Had em in 8th last ladder. I know azza77 will hate this prediction, but I am buying in on this team. Had a shocking start to their 2014 campaign missing Maric & Deledio for big parts of the first half of 2014. Their form last year over that 9 game winning streak was fantastic - beating Port, Sydney & Adelaide. Lots of elite talent in this side - Riewoldt, Rance, Cotch, Lids, Martin and Ellis will be supported by some very good young talent in Conca, Miles, Vlaustin, and Lennon who will all look to take their game to another level. Need one of Vickery or Griffiths to have a big year to support Riewoldt and they will be a lock for top 4.

4. Fremantle
Despite a building injury list and an older list. Think that Freo are too well coached to slip too far. Huge advantage of playing out West and Ross Lyons system can overcome injuries better than a lot of clubs. Pavlich looks in good shape to give it one last hurrah.

5. North
Will be a good to average side. Rewatched their prelim last week and it had me taking them out of the top 4. Losing Greenwood and adding Waite and Higgins doesn't close the gap to the sides above them. Age is a worry.

6. Port
Have them slipping slightly from last year. Ryder and Monfries due to miss big amounts of time due to drugs. The Chad is already ruled out of round 1 and Trengrove and Hamstring Hartlett have had injury riddled preseasons. Still have an elite midfield with Lobbe, Gray, Boak, Wines, Ebert and Polec and a very good key forward in Schulz. Think they will find it a lot rougher this year. With all the hype they received last year - opposition teams would have put a lot of time into figuring out how to stop them. Whether this works who knows, but they will become the hunted this year.

7. Gold Coast
Think this is the year they do it. Were on track to make the finals in 2014 before Ablett got injured. Another year of development into the kids and a definite upgrade at coach should see them make their first ever finals appearance.

8. Geelong:
Despite the great preseason from Clarke - think they are are slightly on the side. Still have enough class to be very dangerous on the day, but think they will fall behind the pack a little.

9 Adelaide:
Had us at 7th. Still think we are every chance of making the 8 but we cannot afford any more injuries. Losing Crouch to a serious foot injury really hurts us. We were massively exposed in the preseason with the oppositions 2nd forward kicking 14 goals in 3 games. We will still be a very young side and as a result I think we can expect some pretty erratic form.

10. Brisbane:
Have them rising from my last ladder - mainly due to other teams going down. Really excited to see them play - that midfield will be exciting. Plenty of depth in that midfield group - Rockliff, Beams, Rich, Redden, Zorko, Aish. Hanley is a big loss and they have no KPD/KPF depth whatsover.

11. Carlton:
Not as terrible as many on here think they are. Henderson is a quality KPF. Midfield can still do well on its day. Not enough depth to challenge for a finals birth - but they will be an annoying team.

12. West Coast
Losing Mackenzie really hurts. Throw in the retirements of Cox/Waters and you have lost a lot of experience. Losing Darling for the first 2 months of the season also impacts their fortunes. Tough to beat at Subi they will not be easy beats but just don't have the topline talent to compete for finals with Mackenzie/Darling missing.

13. GWS
First year where they won't finish bottom 4. Will look to push for a finals birth in 2015.

14. Melbourne
Enough mature bodies now to keep them more competitive. Won't be the rollovers they have been the past few years. Harry O and Vince have been great pickups for MFC over the past two years.

15. Collingwood - In massive trouble. Finished 11th last year. Won't have 3 of their best 5 players from last year (Beams, Harry O and McAffer). The player they brought in to cover Beams is injured for the first 3/4 of the season (Greenwood). Now they two players suspended for drug use. A lot rides on whether injury riddled Ben Reid can get right. Long year.

16. St. Kilda
Soft tissue injuries are building. Have a better quality of veterans than the bulldogs below them. Not much to like about them TBH.

17. Bulldogs
Losing Griffen/Libba/Cooney hurts that midfield group. Puts a lot more pressure on Macrae, Wallis, Dalhause and Bont. Tough year - but they are building the pieces nicely.

18. Essendon
Drugs are bad.

My First Ladder in Feb was done
1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Freo
4. North
5. Port
6. Geelong
7. Adelaide
8. Richmond

9. Essendon
10. Gold Coast
11. West Coast
12. Brisbane
13. GWS
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. Melbourne
17. St. Kilda
18. Bulldogs
[/QUOTE]
Top analysis. I agree Richmond, North and the GC will be strong. I rate Freo but think they are looking very vulnerable and could drop to the lower half of the 8. Adelaide every chance of making it and even finishing above sides like Freo and Richmond but need things to go well and a flying start.

Top analysis. I agree Richmond, North and the GC will be strong. I rate Freo but think they are looking very vulnerable and could drop to the lower half of the 8. Adelaide every chance of making it and even finishing above sides like Freo and Richmond but need things to go well and a flying start.

Yeah Freo are an interesting one. They are just 18 months from playing in a GF and still have all of their key pieces together and are well coached by Lyon. They still finished top 4 last year and only two of their top 10 from the B&F were over the age of 30. I think its a last roll of the dice with McPharlin, Pav and Sandi all on their last legs - but I just don't see their fall from grace happening this year.

Last edited:
1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Port
4. Fremantle
5. North
6. Geelong
7. Richmond
8. Essendon
-----------------------
9. Adelaide
10. Gold Coast
11. Collingwood
12. West Coast
13. Brisbane
14. Greater Western Sydney
15. Carlton
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

3. RICHMOND.

Hahah mate I look forward to it :p to very different opinions on where a club is at. We shall see as the season unfolds!

1. Hawthorn. I reckon they'll start to come back to the pack this year but they are the standout side still.
2. Sydney: On paper they are number 2, however, depends on how they recover from that grand final humiliation
3. North: Recruited well, and injuries preventing, hard to see them not in the top 4.
4. Gold Coast: My smokey to bolt, a bit of talent and could really put together an impressive season. Will be a flash in the pan though.
5. Port: Hardest team to place for me, top end talent is definitely good enough, too many question marks on the bottom part of the list.
6. Adelaide: Similar to Port, in terms of the top is good enough, but with a more problems at the bottom. A lot rests on Walshs shoulders but 6th is doable with decent structures, considering we were relying on player quality last season.
7. Essendon: Yes, i rate the drug cheats. Good enough to do some damage for me, but like Richmond... this is what i perceive as their peak.
8. Richmond: Good enough to sneak in, but, i can't see them taking that next step
9. West Coast: Going nowhere fast, will be around the mark but won't make it.
10. Carlton: A list that screams out mediocre.
11. Fremantle: Aging list, question marks on youth and got KO'd in straight sets, those teams slide.
12. Geelong: See Fremantle. Same problems.
13. GWS: I see them mustering some decent football, but it's a year or two before they are in a position to challenge for the 8.
14. Brisbane: Good midfield, not much else... don't see them getting close.
15. Collingwood: Rebuilding, would be surprised to see Bucks survive the season though
16. Western Bulldogs: Lost a lot of experience, and Libba... can't see them threatening.
17. Melbourne: Still useless
18. St. Kilda: Worst list in the comp currently, by far. i like their drafting though

Overall, i think this season will see the league even up considerably... Hawks are still the team to beat though.

Premiers: Hawks
Brownlow: Fyfe
Coleman: Roughead.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back