2015 Premiership Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

9. Geelong. The start of the end. They have been a great team but will slide out of contention. Clark is a good in but they have lost their runners varcoe and christensen. Cockatoo could be anything and will play rd 1.Bartel, enright, kelly and johnson will retire within the next 2 years.
10. Richmond. Hardwicks last season at the helm. Cant see them taking the next step. Lack genuine forwards bar riewoldt. Played an absolute stinker against port in the final this year.
11. Collingwood. Their improvement will come from their younger players broomhead, grundy, elliot, kennedy, adams, reid, scharenberg, moore. Good in about 5 years. Cloke, swan and pendles holding it together. Beams out is massive.
12. Carlton. Another year of mediocrity. List is ageing and no genuine key forwards. Trigg will fitin nicely.
13. Brisbane. Exciting young midfield and defence just have no big forwards. Christensen and beams big ins. Aish to star and leave at seasons end.
14. Essendon. Trying to buy a shot at finals with cooney and chapman losing ryder is a big.blow. Asada hearings will take their toll.
15. Melbourne. Its slowly coming together, looking forward to seeing hogan play.
16. Western Bulldogs. Good young midfield and
finally got their power forward, boyd. Not good
enough yet. Griffen out will hurt.
17. Gws. Nobody but cameron to kick it to. By seasons end alot of talent will be going home.
18. St kilda. Its going to be a long year.

Brownlow. Dangerfield/ablett
Coleman. Franklin

Why are people rating Fremantle so highly. But for sure they had their last chance, then again maybe they will put 2014 behind them an focus on 2015. Rest of the ladders seem right. Of course with us Adelaide, it all depends if we can win the ones that matter most hard to predict where Adelaide will finish next year, could be anywhere from 2nd to 12th.

Port, Sydney, Hawthorn are near certain locks in the top 4, but of course expect the unexpected.

1. Hawthorn
2. Adelaide payback!
3. Geelong
4. Sydney
5. Collingwood
6. 119er's
7. Gold Coast
8. West Coast
============
9. Richmond where else?
10. North Melbourne
11. Carlton
12. Brisbane
13. GWS
14. Fremantle
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. St Kilda
18. Essendrug

Coleman: Walker
Charlie: Ablett

Carton of peroni to the first poster that reckons Fremantle are gonna make the eight nxt yr.
They are Gone. On de slide.

Lock it in. They'll make the eight in a canter given 1) the diluted talent pool of the eighteen team comp 2) their exceptional system which draws the absolute best out of spuds and 3) Nat Fyfe and Michael Walters.

Not disputing they might fall down in a heap given old bodies and said spuds under the pressure of finals footy but that's another kettle of fish.

Lock it in. They'll make the eight in a canter given 1) the diluted talent pool of the eighteen team comp 2) their exceptional system which draws the absolute best out of spuds and 3) Nat Fyfe and Michael Walters.

Not disputing they might fall down in a heap given old bodies and said spuds under the pressure of finals footy but that's another kettle of fish.
Done.

Why are people rating Fremantle so highly. But for sure they had their last chance, then again maybe they will put 2014 behind them an focus on 2015. Rest of the ladders seem right. Of course with us Adelaide, it all depends if we can win the ones that matter most hard to predict where Adelaide will finish next year, could be anywhere from 2nd to 12th.

Port, Sydney, Hawthorn are near certain locks in the top 4, but of course expect the unexpected.
Port still have no depth.. look what happened last year when wantfrees, trengrve and Carlise went down mid year.. they lost 4 out of 5 games.
They have a lot of expectation in 2015... fingers crossed they cant handle it.

Hawks
Port
Sydney
Freo
North
Adel
Geelong
GC

Richmond
Essendon
WC
Collingwood
Carlton
Brisbane
Melbourne
WB
GWS
Saints
I agree with this GWS assessment.....something tells me that GC will spike big time and a monster will be unleashed. I'm tipping GC to push the top 4

Sydney
Port
Hawthorn
GC
Fremantle
North
Adelaide
Richmond

Geelong
West Coast
Collingwood
Brisbane
Carlton
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
St Kilda
Essendon- anywhere from 6-18 dependant on penalties

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Sydney (stung by their shocking gf performance, I think they'll lose a maximum of 4 games this season)

2. Port (their list is rock solid in every area of the ground - absolute lock for top 4)

3. North Melbourne (some might see this as a stretch, but unless injuries strike hard, they'll certainly make another prelim)

4. Hawthorn (I'm tipping a rough year injury-wise, with a hint of premiership hangover, and they still make the top 4)

5. Fremantle (would love to put them lower, but they are still going to be hard to beat)

6. Gold Coast (I really like their list, and would not be shocked if they went as high as 4th)

7. Richmond (absolute locks for 5th - 9th so I'll plug them in the middle of that range)

8. Adelaide (we are a 6th - 10th team in 2015 IMO - tipping better things in 2016)

9. Geelong (they got rorted on the Christensen trade, and then on-traded that awful pick for Rhys Stanley after getting Mitch Clark to play the role Rhys Stanley would be expected to play. Huh? Everyone is a year older, and guys like Bartel, Stevie J, Lonergan, Mackie, Enright are all well past their best. Will probably prove me wrong and finish 5th but I'm predicting the slide now)

10. Brisbane (the midfield is now arguably the best in the league and I'm also a massive fan of McStay and Clarke - could sneak into the 8 but this will more likely take place in 2016)

11. West Coast (until they unearth another 2-3 legitimate midfielders, they'll be 7th-12th every year)

12. Essendon (no idea what's happening with penalties, but even if they get off lightly I'm not predicting finals)

13. Collingwood (Buckley is a dead man walking. Some very talented youngsters, but losing Beams will sting and until Grundy, Broomhead, Freeman, Scharenberg and co get to 50 games plus it's going to be GWS-like for the pies)

14. Melbourne (finishing outside the bottom 4 would be a pretty good achievement in 2015 and I think they might just sneak it)

15. Carlton (s**t list, a coach who is past it, and a constant refusal to address their issues. If they go higher than 13th I'll eat my hat)

16. GWS (still not ready - have done a pretty awful job at building the right age profile in their early years tbh. 5 top 25 picks again this year was ridiculous - trade 1, 2 or even 3 of them for 23-26 year olds FFS!)

17. Western Bulldogs (full rebuild mode)

18. St Kilda (if they win 5 games I'll be shocked - every other team is a pretty good chance of winning 5 so I'll tip the saints for the spoon)

Premiers: Sydney
Coleman: T.Walker
Brownlow: R.Gray

My Top 8

1 . Sydney 20-2
2. Port Adelaide 19-3
3. Hawthorn 17-5
4. North Melbourne 15-7
5. Geelong 15-7
6. Adelaide Crows 14-8
7. Fremantle 13-9
8. Gold Coast 12-10

Last edited:
My magic 8-ball has gifted me this.....

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Port
4. GC
5. Fremantle
6. Adelaide
7. North
8. Essendon*

9. Geelong
10. Richmond
11. Collingwood
12. West Coast
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. GWS
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

*dependant on sanctions

Honestly can't see how we wont miss the finals depending on the back line issues being sorted.

Would not be surprised if top 4.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Adelaide
5. Port
6. North
7. West Coast
8. Geelong

9. Richmond
10. Gold Coast
11. Collingwood
12. Essendon
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. GWS
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

Wishful thinking on your part. Will be tougher for Port than Crows as Crows' draw is designed to give them a leg-up into the top eight.

Port are yet to be really challenged with injuries, there best 22 is very good however depth is yet to be fully tested

Port are yet to be really challenged with injuries, there best 22 is very good however depth is yet to be fully tested
Any club can get injuries this year so it's an even playing field from that department. Plus Burgo is a mastermind at managing and preventing injuries which is why Port didn't have many last year. Port has enough depth, there are players itching for opportunity. Port's issue was Ruck/ forward once Trengove was out and unable to assist Lone Lobbe in ruck (our other rucks long term injury) therefore requiring Westhoff to do so rather than lay forward/ swingman. That issue has now been addressed. You are perhaps assuming that Crows will be injury free but Crows are as likely as any team to get injuries again this year and they definitely don't have the depth. They do a have a very easy draw that could see them get a place in the finals, but where they go from there, I have real doubts. Crows might be better in 2016, but Port I will put my money on for 2015, in spite of their tough draw.

Any club can get injuries this year so it's an even playing field from that department. Plus Burgo is a mastermind at managing and preventing injuries which is why Port didn't have many last year. Port has enough depth, there are players itching for opportunity. Port's issue was Ruck/ forward once Trengove was out and unable to assist Lone Lobbe in ruck (our other rucks long term injury) therefore requiring Westhoff to do so rather than lay forward/ swingman. That issue has now been addressed. You are perhaps assuming that Crows will be injury free but Crows are as likely as any team to get injuries again this year and they definitely don't have the depth. They do a have a very easy draw that could see them get a place in the finals, but where they go from there, I have real doubts. Crows might be better in 2016, but Port I will put my money on for 2015, in spite of their tough draw.

Bollocks. Take your one eyed bandwagon views elsewhere..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back