2015 Premiership Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove did a shoulder today and need an Operation, that's the one player they can't cover.

From what i've read, he will be back running in 10-12 days and should be fit for round 1.

Not ideal, but thankfully he got the Dubai camp in which will be a good starting base for his fitness levels. Get him running during his rehab and build his fitness base heading into round 1. An 85% fit Trengove is a better option to face the dockers, than a 100% fit Clurey. No suprises there.

I'm starting to feel like the crows might be about to repeat the 2005-2006 home and away seasons.
Can Walshy's game day tactics take it even deeper into September?

the club seems to be oozing "well oiled machine" at the moment.

Pretty much everyone is saying port are there.. that they will play in the GF.
if thats the case i might book mu overseas holiday from sept 25th and return...... never!
so much expectation on there. lets hope it backfires. im still scratching my head and thinking "how the hell did this happen" they went from a basketcase in 2012 to blitzing last year. how????

They were crap for 5 years and I seem to recall that they either have the most 1st round selections or the most top 10 picks on their list - not sure which one (other than GWS & GC) So unfortunately they were going to come good at some stage.

After Round 23:

1. Hawthorn
2. Port Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. North Melbourne
5. Fremantle
6. Gold Coast
7. Adelaide
8. Geelong

Premiers: Hawthorn
Runners-up: Port

I'm going out on a limb here. I don't reckon the Hawks can win three on the trot. The inexplicable GF performance by Sydney probably stopped us focussing on their decline. 5-8 for mine.

Also, I think the bubble will burst for Port. Their second half of 2014 was pretty average and the 'nearly win' against the Hawks has coloured a lot of people's views on them. 7-12 for mine.

Top four will depend on injuries but I reckon;
Fremantle
Sydney
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Rest of the 8:
North
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast

Close but not quite:
Richmond
Brisbane
Port

No chance;
Doggies
Carlton
Collingwood
St kilda
Essendon (banned)
Melbourne
GWS

Hawks
Swans
North
Freo
Dons - not if finally brought to justice
Suns
Port
Crows

Cats / Eagles
Tigers
Doggies
Lions
Pies
Demons
GWS
Blues
Saints

Think we will be a lot better but still need some time to grow as a group together. Suns and Port could be pretty interchangeable.
I reckon people have the wrong idea about the Doggies and could really take a few top 8 teams by surprise.

I'm going out on a limb here. I don't reckon the Hawks can win three on the trot. The inexplicable GF performance by Sydney probably stopped us focussing on their decline. 5-8 for mine.

Also, I think the bubble will burst for Port. Their second half of 2014 was pretty average and the 'nearly win' against the Hawks has coloured a lot of people's views on them. 7-12 for mine.

Fremantle
Sydney
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Rest of the 8:
North
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast

Close but not quite:
Richmond
Brisbane
Port

No chance;
Doggies
Carlton
Collingwood
St kilda
Essendon (banned)
Melbourne
GWS

I think youre going to be unpleasantly surprised in regard to Port.

I think youre going to be unpleasantly surprised in regard to Port.

While I think a few key injuries could send port crumbling into pieces, I think they will be right in the mix this year. 7-12 is ridiculous. Someone maybe struggling with idea of a rival performing better?

Hawks outside the top 4 after just recruiting Frawley and O'Rourke and losing no one? Can never see that happening.

Fremantle
Sydney
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Rest of the 8:
North
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast

Close but not quite:
Richmond
Brisbane
Port

No chance;
Doggies
Carlton
Collingwood
St kilda
Essendon (banned)
Melbourne
GWS
Each to their own but I find it a little strange that you think the Hawks will decline yet you have Freo first. They're the ones who are in a bit of trouble age wise IMO with the exception of Fyfe yet there's no reason to pick a Hawthorn slide. Mitchell was injured for much of last year and they hardly rely on Hodge anymore, their best players are all still in their prime. Injuries would be the only reason Port would finish 7-12, they're right in the mix.

Also, I think the bubble will burst for Port... 7-12 for mine.

Surely you jest? I do think they will cop more attention so not take everyone by surprise again and a harder draw could have an impact but can't see them falling out of the 8.

3-6 for mine.

Not meaning to intrude but one thing is really annoying me and all of BigFooty is doing (not just some of you guys). The idea that Port has a much tougher draw in 2015 compared to 2014 is a joke. They're virtually identical.

Sydney, Fremantle and Adelaide twice. All the same. Gold Coast away, North away and Geelong at home. Again, all the same. The only real difference in 2015 is playing Hawthorn twice, and if you include finals (which I do) we did play them home and away in 2014.

The only games I feel are tricky that we didn't play last year are Brisbane away and Essendon away. That's it.

This time last year we were predicted to not make the 8 and have second year blues with a much tougher draw. Now all of a sudden people act like we were gifted a top 8 spot.

Sorry. But if you're looking for reasons for Port to slide the "tougher draw exploiting us" isn't one.

Okay. Rant over. Sorry for the derailment.

Not meaning to intrude but one thing is really annoying me and all of BigFooty is doing (not just some of you guys). The idea that Port has a much tougher draw in 2015 compared to 2014 is a joke. They're virtually identical.

Sydney, Fremantle and Adelaide twice. All the same. Gold Coast away, North away and Geelong at home. Again, all the same. The only real difference in 2015 is playing Hawthorn twice, and if you include finals (which I do) we did play them home and away in 2014.

The only games I feel are tricky that we didn't play last year are Brisbane away and Essendon away. That's it.

This time last year we were predicted to not make the 8 and have second year blues with a much tougher draw. Now all of a sudden people act like we were gifted a top 8 spot.

Sorry. But if you're looking for reasons for Port to slide the "tougher draw exploiting us" isn't one.

Why would you include finals when only H&A games count towards qualifying for the finals. Plus I know Power fans like to claim the moral premiership but you lost to Hawthorn away so how does that help your draw?

The Power have a tough start and if your 1-4 or worse i don't think you'll recover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, i have finalised my 2015 Ladder. not changing it anymore:

Hawthorn (cant fault their list.. only hunger might be an issue)
Port (hope im wrong and stuggle with expectation and cop some rotten luck)
Sydney (will be hungry after that GF loss)
Fremantle (had injuries at the wrong time of year, should have played in a prelim in 2014)
Geelong (will still win all their games in Geelong)
Adelaide (will win the 13 or 14 games required to finish 5-8th)
North Melbourne (average list but seem to win games)
Gold Coast (its just time and Ablett is back)

Essendon (fk them)
Brisbane (will scare some sides.. recruited will)
Richmond (Typical Richmond)
Collingwood (will struggle without Beams and a unfit side early on, alot of senior players not training with main group right now)
West Coast (simpson will get the sack)
Melbounre (will be better.. just)
Carlton (terrible list)
GWS
Bulldogs
St kilda

Why would you include finals when only H&A games count towards qualifying for the finals.

The Power have a tough start and if your 1-4 or worse i don't think you'll recover.

You're missing the point. We still played Hawthorn home and away in 2014. I never said we didn't have a tough draw. It's just not that much tougher than our 2014 draw. They're practically identical.

I think 2-3 is more realistic as a worst case scenario. But even if we do go 1-4 which would be a shock (since under Hinkley we've come out of the gates strong in both 2013 and 2014), then we'll have a stretch of 14 games that we'll go into big favourites for at least 12 of.

You're missing the point. We still played Hawthorn home and away in 2014. I never said we didn't have a tough draw. It's just not that much tougher than our 2014 draw. They're practically identical.

I think 2-3 is more realistic as a worst case scenario. But even if we do go 1-4 which would be a shock (since under Hinkley we've come out of the gates strong in both 2013 and 2014), then we'll have a stretch of 14 games that we'll go into big favourites for at least 12 of.
Well that's is then - flag wrapped up. Raging red hot favourites.

Anything less is an epic fail I guess

It's amazing how arrogant port fans are. They think they are crash hot. From 07-12 they are worse than Fitzroy were now they have 2 good seasons their arrogant cocky fan are back. They are so in your face. Hate them!

I know you're still reasonably new to bigfooty, having joined up when Port started winning and all, but the Port board is thattaway dude -->>>>

I know you're still reasonably new to bigfooty, having joined up when Port started winning and all, but the Port board is thattaway dude -->>>>

I miss their tarps.:(

I know its probably a solid 6+ years away but Im patiently waiting for them to be used again.:cool:

What goes up, must come down.

Interesting to see if you are around when things get tough...

I expect the suspension of Ryder to have you in the bottom of the top-8 & derail your premiership hopes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back